Any idea what's causing this....halfway through a word, I'll get a capital letter or a period ....
    09-23-09 08:39 AM
    Highlighting and holding will cause a capital letter. Pressing the spacebar twice gives a period.
    09-23-09 08:49 AM
    You are probably holding the letter down to long. WAtcH. Magic caPiTaL letters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 08:53 AM
    Is there a setting for the sensitivity?
    09-23-09 09:02 AM
    Doesn't it have to do with how long the screen is clicked for? Not necessarily how long your finger is over the key... There are a few settings with not entirely clear meanings in the Screen/Keyboard area but I think they all relate to hovering, tapping (without clicking) etc. Its probably worth giving a shot though if this keeps happening. For what its worth I noticed this 'feature' on accident too, I just made it a point to relax my hands more and I found that I spent less effort clicking and my typing got faster.
    09-23-09 09:10 AM
    It's even doing it with the full keyboard now....simply because I switched over from multitap on the portrait view
    09-23-09 09:15 AM
    what he said
    09-23-09 09:24 AM
    Go to options>screen/keyboard>key rate and try turning that down to medium or lower
    09-23-09 10:24 AM
    Go to options>screen/keyboard>key rate and try turning that down to medium or lower
    I think (correct me if i'm wrong) that setting is the time duration that a key will remain pressed for touch-tone menu navigation in voicemail systems.
    09-23-09 11:06 AM
    I think (correct me if i'm wrong) that setting is the time duration that a key will remain pressed for touch-tone menu navigation in voicemail systems.
    But if it's set too high, and you have your finger on the key for even a half second, it will register as a hold and such and that causes capital letters and random periods.
    09-23-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD