So I found a storm on craigslist that didn't work. I thought big deal ill yet and talk them down from 100 to wherever I can. Well after two days and 70bucks later sbbd a trip to Verizon to see if I could get a battery (for free), I talker my way into getting a used batt . Well let's just say I kinds feel bad cause the phone works perfectly fine no issues at all so now I have a spare storm for parts incase my non warranty holding 9500 breaks I have spares gotta say good day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:29 AM
    no reason to feel bad. you didn't do anything wrong, the deal was done in good faith. your karma is clean (at least as far as this is concerned)
    09-09-09 10:50 AM
    no reason to feel bad. you didn't do anything wrong, the deal was done in good faith. your karma is clean (at least as far as this is concerned)

Agreed. The original owner didn't do enough research as to why he was having an issue with his phone. If it was in fact the battery, that should have been the first thing he checked. I can understand why you would feel a little weird about it, but it definitely sounds like an arms length transaction.
    09-09-09 11:21 AM
    I agree, dont feel bad about it. I think he thought he could sucker someone outta a few bucks but you turned the tables on him.
    09-09-09 11:42 AM
    Sweet deal... I'd like to have a spare to play with OS installs. Good on ya mate.
    09-09-09 11:53 AM
    Sounds like a good deal to me!
    09-09-09 03:09 PM
    Sounds legit. I have for a while helped people with fixing lawn mowers and get calls pretty often to come pick up a "dead" mower. Usually to find that it is a belt, battery or something stuck in it. I generally call the person and tell them and let them know I will return it fixed if they'd like to reimburse me for parts/labor. Usually the response is "No thanks, already got a new one, keep it" but have had two guys ask me if I had informed their wives because they had done it on purpose (one cut the belt, the other drained the battery) so they could get new mowers.
    But I agree seller was probably trying to get a few extra bucks on a bricked phone and you got him/her. ( probably don't have to worry about the seller seeing these posts or they would have fixed the phone if they were CB member)
    09-09-09 03:15 PM
    Oh and to top it all off it is unlocked so I wonder why unwas the only one chomping at the bit for it

09-09-09 08:33 PM
    Hopefully you made sure the MEID was clean on it too?
    09-10-09 02:31 AM
    Hey, I'd do the same deal in a second. Nice work!
    09-10-09 02:38 AM
    So I found a storm on craigslist that didn't work. I thought big deal ill yet and talk them down from 100 to wherever I can. Well after two days and 70bucks later sbbd a trip to Verizon to see if I could get a battery (for free), I talker my way into getting a used batt . Well let's just say I kinds feel bad cause the phone works perfectly fine no issues at all so now I have a spare storm for parts incase my non warranty holding 9500 breaks I have spares gotta say good day

I had a hard time reading that with the lack of periods, commas and creation of new paragraphs. :\
    09-10-09 03:33 AM
    you are kidding, you paid $70 for it? VZW is selling NEW storms for only $49
    09-10-09 07:39 AM
    you are kidding, you paid $70 for it? VZW is selling NEW storms for only $49

WIth a contract.
    09-10-09 08:20 AM
    yea $49 with a new activation on a 2 year contract, i got this no contract on craigslist, and as far as the meid its unlocked, so that doesnt come into account when being used with t-mobile
    09-10-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD