FML...my Storm was sitting next to me as I typed up a huge assignment that's due before I go on a 4 day baseball trip as an ATS with my college's baseball team (so OBVIOUSLY I MUST have my phone operational). So I look down and it's randomly resetting. NBD, happens occasionally. Welllll then I get the JVM error 102 screen. Reset doesn't work, neither does battery pull, neither does battery + memory card pull. Someone PLEASE help me! I leave tomorrow morning at 11AM (and due to some other FML circumstances currently have NO car and NO way to get to the verizon store...oh also, a third set of FML circumstances caused me to NOT have the USB cable for the phone).

Please someone tell me I'm not totally screwed. My last backup was about a month ago.
    04-15-09 10:52 PM
    ..Your screwed until you can get to your computer with a USB cable. Then you'll have to follow the Crackberry Un-nuke guide.
    04-15-09 11:03 PM
    can you link me to that guide?

seriously though, FML. haha. at least the only thing i'm losing are my third party apps, most of which i had before that update. but still. ugh.
    04-15-09 11:05 PM
    also, what causes this? i dunno wtf happened!
    04-15-09 11:17 PM
    Here's the link to the guide :
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

No idea what causes it, just the Storm being the Storm.. or you have an old, buggy OS. (LEAKED OS FTW)
    04-15-09 11:19 PM
    lol you know it, i have the .113, this is the first problem i've had with it. BOOOOO!

But big thanks for the link! My brain is fried. Thank god I never sold my Pearl, so I at least have an alarm for tomorrow morning. haha
    04-15-09 11:23 PM
    A java 102 error occurs when the system checks the COD files for modification and that there is a problem with one or more of the COD files. If this problem is the result of the user the restart cycle will be continuous because of a corruption of the code in the file system. As Sakuran said, the only solution is to do a wipe and re-installation of the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:18 AM
    i just buy a storm I and i download an app and make me reboot my phone when it was turn on show me a JVM error 102. if i tried to conect to my destop manager it will tell me that i need to wait until reboot or charge it. but is charge and if i click reset will restart and it will show me the same jvm error. i need to clean my bb and install the OS but its not letting me. what can i do?
    08-11-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD