My blackberry is used with our enterprise server and I removed ALL traces of desktop mgr from my desktop, all directories, etc.
    When it switched my BB from the 8110 to the 9530, it "Restored" my 8110 to the Storm.
    I dont want that to happen, how DO I prevent this? I wiped the device and reinstalled the desktop mgr again, same thing. Where is it getting my 8110 backup from and how do I prevent it from restoring it to the 9530?
    01-15-09 03:25 PM
    are you using the device switch wizard by any chance?
    01-15-09 03:27 PM
    Nope, just plugged it in and go..
    01-15-09 03:33 PM
    As long as you don't do a restore I would think that the information wouldn't come over to the new device.
    01-15-09 03:37 PM
    Not really sure what you can be doing then I have had a total of 5 different versions of blackberries and never once had the new one load anything previous automatically. It was always done by me using the device transfer wizard, which didn't always produce the best results. In that case I just started over with the new phone from scratch and synced all my info from Outlook.
    01-15-09 03:38 PM
    It does, as soon as I plug into a fresh install of desktop mgr, it starts syncing. Is the enterprise server hanging unto my 8110? I simply want a fresh start. It is even restoring 8110 menus that dont even work.
    01-15-09 03:39 PM
    I apologize I didn't pay attention to the part where you said you use Enterprise server. I use BIS not BES so I don't have any experience in what you are doing but on BIS nothing will happen when the device connects unless you tell it to. BES could be something completely different.
    01-15-09 03:43 PM
    Isn't there a setting that will auto sync when connected? If there is, I would turn that option off. Also, what version of DM are you using as this may make a difference.
    01-15-09 03:47 PM
    the latest, v4.7
    01-15-09 03:54 PM
    you'll probly have to talk to the BES admin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 03:57 PM
    I would check the settings on synchronization first. Run the DM and check settings.

I have the same setup and when I plugged in my new phone, it asked if I wanted to switch to the new device PIN (or whatever it did, something like that) and it did.
    01-15-09 04:02 PM
    It's the BES. Your settings, and things are stored in the BES so they will transfer over. As a BES user I love this as everytime I switch devices I don't have to worry about re-setting it up with my preferences. Just tell your BES Administrator that you want them to wipe your settings on the BES and that way when you reactivate the new phone then hopefully all that will transfer over will be your calender, address book, and the emails from your BES account (usually your corporate email address).
    01-15-09 06:14 PM
    It's the BES. Your settings, and things are stored in the BES so they will transfer over. As a BES user I love this as everytime I switch devices I don't have to worry about re-setting it up with my preferences. Just tell your BES Administrator that you want them to wipe your settings on the BES and that way when you reactivate the new phone then hopefully all that will transfer over will be your calender, address book, and the emails from your BES account (usually your corporate email address).
    You beat me to it. I love this feature on the BES. I always forget to backup my phone and then something happens to it and I lose my settings. BES keeps everything. It's a great feature.

Like mentioned about by Rapp, just ask you BES admin to wipe your settings.
    01-15-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD