i called verizon customer service about 30 minutes ago, they got my bb 9530 unlocked, so i put att sim card into my 9530 to call my son's phone it still shows my verizon phone# instead att phone#, i though "unlocked" phone should be good for other carriers simcard instead orginal carrier, anyone with unlocked 9530 from verizon have the same issue?
    03-03-09 03:39 PM
    Have you tried using the at&t sim?

When you put the sim in it should show the at&t at the top of the screen and if you are able to make a call on that sim then clearly it's working okay on at&t

Are you confusing unlocking with de-branding? my 9500 storm is fully unlocked but when I turn it on and off it still shows vodafone screens
    03-03-09 03:49 PM
    If you go into manage connections>mobile netork options>network technology..change it to GSM/UMTS..this puts the phone in SIM card mode...
    03-03-09 04:06 PM
    @just txt and calls mam, i told them i will be going to asia, they unlocked my 9530 over the phone, with 16 digits, but after that i put att simcard made the call to my son, his phone shows my verizon #.

@seleen032, you ment i shall switch GSM/UMTS instead in1XEV? thanks
    03-03-09 04:14 PM
    here i come again, i put my att simcard in my 9530, switch to GSM/UMTS, also select 2G, now 2G, instead 3G or 2G/3G, pick 2G only, now my 9530 shows att on the screen, and my son's phone caller id shows my att#, thanks seleen032
    03-03-09 04:29 PM
    Wait.. did they ask for the ATT Sim chip #? If so, did you just freely give it to them?

cant they tell it's an ATT sim chip?

I'd rather use my ATT sim in this VZ 9530 and cancel the VZ service but they are asking for the SIM card #.. I'm affraid to provide it to them.
    03-03-09 06:02 PM
    Wait.. did they ask for the ATT Sim chip #? If so, did you just freely give it to them?

cant they tell it's an ATT sim chip?

I'd rather use my ATT sim in this VZ 9530 and cancel the VZ service but they are asking for the SIM card #.. I'm affraid to provide it to them.

Why would you rather have ATT? They are horrible. It makes no sense to me to unlock a phone to put it on an inferior network. Just don't understand???
    03-03-09 06:12 PM
    Why would you rather have ATT? They are horrible. It makes no sense to me to unlock a phone to put it on an inferior network. Just don't understand???
    Inferior? First off, AT&T's data is more of what I care about and secondly, AT&T's data network is superior to Verizon's in every way (if you're in coverage area, and I am.. Southern California)

I could care less about voice quality/calls, I care about the data. AT&T's data is faster and allows voice/data at the same time. (not sure if the Storm supports this)

Besides.. if I travel outside of the US, I dont want to have to worry about buying pre-paid SIM's or getting their Vodafone service.
    03-03-09 06:21 PM
    If all your worried about is data and you live in SoCal, get a phone with WiFi. I'm not trying to knock ya or anything, but that statement kinda seems wierd because of the lack of WiFi in the Storm.

To each his own I guess. Good luck........
    03-03-09 07:12 PM
    Well, I'm my company's Blackberry admin as well as their carrier admin so I constantly have devices waived under my nose. I currently have the Storm 9530 sitting on my desk doing nothing, begging to be played with.

I have an iPhone 3G which IMO is the best phone ever made. (in my opinion).

I'd like to be able to just take my SIM chip and insert it into an unlocked Storm to play with it and see how well it works.. that way if any of my users have one and want to travel, I can confirm that it works with pre-paid, etc.

Besides...I'm a gadget freak.. I've played with just about every Blackberry, Windows Mobile phone, and now the iPhone.
    03-03-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD