I am a newbie and recently purchasing my BB storm I found the pdf set up instructions to be dismal. Thank heavens I found this forum! I have spent so much time reading posts and learning how to actually operate my bb - whether it is shortcuts or how to's or generally tweaking I have seen the questions and followed the replies and in consequence have changed by bb to my advantage.

My problem was (and often still is) that I read replies from members very adept at using a bb and they tend to talk very techie. I see "go here" and press "that" and tend to think to myself "where on earth do I find "here" so I think that if someone is obviously a newbie than it would be good to see a reply giving the-cat-sat-on-the-mat instructions or at least some screen shots, but all in all I'm finding my way around my bb and tweaked mine quite a bit simply by reading questions and answers. So thank you everybody and a personal thank you to the members who reply to me as quickly as I have posted a question.
    01-05-09 07:06 AM
    Truly this place is the best I have crackberry set as my home page and I will spends hours going through the forums I too am new BB owner and thanks to this site I will never own anything else oh and the fact that BB is the finest piece of hardware on the planet helps too...lol cheers to all .....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 07:33 AM
    Welcome to CB. Have you tried using the Newbies section (see tab at top of web page)? BB 101 has incredibly valuable info and relatively simple directions/explanations. I, like you, am a newbie to the BB world, but this site and the Newbies section and the Tips & Trick thread have been a huge help for me.
    01-05-09 08:18 AM
    I'm haunting the newbies secion as well as reading the other main blog posts! I did try and answer this on my bb but can't clear the keyboard to access the post a quick reply button - so it's back to replying on the XP. I'm getting there but I am so impressed with this forum that I simply wanted to thank the members and admin for their quick replies to me and the help that I have received so far.
    01-05-09 08:48 AM
    BB 101 is an excellent tool. I read through it before I had my storm and have re-read it and still refer to it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD