Gonna give it to her tonight, to make sure she puts my name on one of those phones like she promised.

Hey... whatever works, right?
    11-20-08 04:14 PM
    unfortunately all the reps were in meetings this morning saying they cannot hold phones for anyone, not even for the people whom they put on the list, first come first served!
    11-20-08 04:21 PM
    unfortunately all the reps were in meetings this morning saying they cannot hold phones for anyone, not even for the people whom they put on the list, first come first served!
    She'll hold this one for me, I'm sure of it.
    11-20-08 04:23 PM

you kiss up!! lol!! smart move!
    11-20-08 04:25 PM
    Panera bread card here meeting my rep at 6 am......undisclosed location
    11-20-08 04:26 PM
    I think the REAL question is - are we doing this for the PHONE or a DATE???

11-20-08 04:27 PM
    Phone LOL!!!!
    11-20-08 04:28 PM
    Are you serious? lol!

Panera bread card here meeting my rep at 6 am......undisclosed location
    11-20-08 04:28 PM
    Yep he is gonna let me in at 6am......
    11-20-08 04:32 PM
    Yeah, my fiancee wouldn't be too happy with me going on dates with other woman... but for a storm... it might need to happen.
    11-20-08 04:33 PM
    I heard this too. They could loose their jobs over it (kinda harsh but that's what they were told). Verizon is very worried about negative publicity & having employees hoard phones would look really bad. Bringing a phone from the back while others are waiting and possibly not getting one also looks really bad. So Verizon says no.

With corporate employees at the early store openings I don't think any local rep is going to risk their job over holding onto a phone for a friend. YMMV.
    Last edited by verizontroll; 11-20-08 at 04:39 PM.
    11-20-08 04:37 PM
    ok, so was VZW doing a list for customers? if so, and I read that some stores were. Then it looks bad that they would tell a customer they were on a list then not stand by it.

On the other hand, i have 2 views sorry! If i was the customer that came to the store and "Joe" was home warm and I stood in the cold I'd be mad if they wouldn't give me a phone when they actually had it in stock.

so there are 2 views to this.
    11-20-08 04:41 PM
    I think if your on the list and there before the store opens you should get it.
    11-20-08 04:42 PM
    I like my view the best right now
    11-20-08 04:44 PM
    ok, so was VZW doing a list for customers? if so, and I read that some stores were. Then it looks bad that they would tell a customer they were on a list then not stand by it.

On the other hand, i have 2 views sorry! If i was the customer that came to the store and "Joe" was home warm and I stood in the cold I'd be mad if they wouldn't give me a phone when they actually had it in stock.

so there are 2 views to this.
    VZW corporate says there are not to be any sales lists. No promises should have been made for that list. Most lists are just to call the customers and let them know they have storms in the store - not to hold devices for sale. They are a call list, not a hold list which is why most people have already been called on the lists and told to show up at the store & wait in line. Its supposed to be first come basis (business sales may be different).

My sources could be wrong. There is always a first time. For your sake I hope they are wrong. Let us know how it turns out.
    Last edited by verizontroll; 11-20-08 at 04:50 PM.
    11-20-08 04:46 PM
    The list is a "call list" not a hold list. This was a misunderstanding on some store's part. It was clarified this morning in meetings. And it was made clear that there would be employees in plain clothes visiting the stores to make sure that no reservations are taking place. Employees observed holding phones will have corrective action taken including possible termination.

So, if a phone is being held for the OP.. That rep won't need a coffee card, she'll need a new job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 04:58 PM
    Great idea. I think i'll buy my VZW rep a share of SBUX stock. Cheaper than 2 lattes.
    11-20-08 06:58 PM
    LOL at people giving giftcards and secret meetings for this phone. funny thing is that it will be buggy and annoying when it first comes out. Dont get me wrong, i will probably try to pick one up tomorrow, but if not ill just order it. I dont care if im the first to have it or the last, i just want some crack........berry
    11-20-08 07:34 PM
    VZW corporate says there are not to be any sales lists. No promises should have been made for that list. Most lists are just to call the customers and let them know they have storms in the store - not to hold devices for sale. They are a call list, not a hold list which is why most people have already been called on the lists and told to show up at the store & wait in line. Its supposed to be first come basis (business sales may be different).

My sources could be wrong. There is always a first time. For your sake I hope they are wrong. Let us know how it turns out.
    Interesting you should say that. When I called my Verizon store last week, they ASKED me if I wanted to be on the list. It is now 5:38PM the day before release and no call.
    11-20-08 07:40 PM
    Interesting you should say that. When I called my Verizon store last week, they ASKED me if I wanted to be on the list. It is now 5:38PM the day before release and no call.
    You know the phone is releasing tomorrow. They know you now the phone is releasing tomorrow. Call them & see what they say. Sounds like your store is giving bad customer service to put you on a list and not even give you an update.

I was just repeating what I hear from Verizon corporate people and the store managers.
    11-20-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD