So I've had my storm since dec/16/08 and have always kept up with every leak, this phone I just picked up a few days ago is now my 4th replacement unit, my first was loose buttons and my last 2 were screen issues, both had 'dead'(where the screens corners don't make a clicking sound and barely depressed) corners that made typing real hard, I would not have been able to write this much with any of my other storms.

I picked up #4 on sep 6th and soon as I picked it up it felt like no other storm in my hands. The screen clicked evenly across.... Before I only got that kind of clicking by putting a business card in the back of the phone...lol
    The 4 buttons click very solidly.... What I mean by that is, that every storm I've owned had buttons that moved or just didn't have a great feel overall. This unit really shows that along the way RIM is upgrading their quality of what they sell. Who knows maybe I got lucky and got a really good one....

Anyhow..... The phone now comes loaded with .122 (at least from Telus) and I remembered liking this leak. It works well... It just doesn't have the speed and some other cosmetics that .151 has.... I haven't gotten to try .167 as I'm a mac user and haven't had access to a PC yet.

I now sit here with a phone I loved before and love even more now. This phone has now satisfied.... If it holds great for a while it might keep me from getting the Storm2....

I'd love to know if anybody else is seeing the quality jump I see and feel.

Peace
    09-14-09 12:15 PM
    I know what you mean. When I first purchased my Storm I was rather dissappointed at first. Then I got it replaced and the second one was much much better.
    09-14-09 12:27 PM
    Want a cookie?

09-14-09 12:32 PM
    Yes, they've gotten progressively better, especially with the units now being produced in the Hungary plant. Absolutely in love with my newest phone, finally feels like they got all the hardware bugs worked out. Feels polished, like it should have come out -at the start-. Only took me 9 tries lol.

Also, just bootcamp into windows to load up your leaks, you'll be glad you did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 01:58 PM

Also, just bootcamp into windows to load up your leaks, you'll be glad you did.

You mean install windows as like a 2nd OS on my Mac? I've seen some people do that. I was wondering if that would work
    09-14-09 09:26 PM
    My wife just got a replacement last week and its ten times better than mine. The screen is perfect and the buttons feel really good and are flushed with the screen. I was really impressed

09-14-09 09:31 PM
    You mean install windows as like a 2nd OS on my Mac? I've seen some people do that. I was wondering if that would work
    Yes it works. I don't use Bootcamp, but I do use VMwareFusion, so that I can run both Mac OS/X and Winblows at the same time, without having to reboot and choose.

VMwareFusion and Parallels both work, but they do cost money, if you do everything "by the book". As does the Win disc .

I'd suggest sticking with XPpro Service Pac 2. Stable, and works well with Berries, without the hassles some Vista users have experienced.
    09-14-09 09:48 PM
    Want a cookie?

Nice 1 pkcable
    09-15-09 12:08 AM
    you do know that the screen click issues could of been fixed by using the torx fix.
    09-15-09 12:24 AM
    My last 2 phones felt great out the door but after 2-3 weeks of usage I found that the screen click lost its stuff.

I don't know... it seems movings parts on phones is always a bad idea

I hope yours holds up well

Cheers!
    09-15-09 12:27 AM
    Want a cookie?

If no one want it...I will.
    09-15-09 06:04 AM
    Yes it works. I don't use Bootcamp, but I do use VMwareFusion, so that I can run both Mac OS/X and Winblows at the same time, without having to reboot and choose.

VMwareFusion and Parallels both work, but they do cost money, if you do everything "by the book". As does the Win disc .

I'd suggest sticking with XPpro Service Pac 2. Stable, and works well with Berries, without the hassles some Vista users have experienced.
    My poor macbook doesn't like VMWare much, lol... It stumbles along rather inelegantly, so I just run windows natively on the very rare occasions I need to boot into it. My main comp is a win7 box anyway, so win on the mac is a last resort.
    09-15-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD