Well I decided to call and put in a pre-order. The store near my house opens at 8am and I have to be at work for 7am. The store near my work opens at 10am and I have a meeting at 10am.

Anyway, I called and asked to pre-order. The guy said I needed a Nation Wide plan instead of America's Choice so he transferred me to CS. The guy explained what I needed. I asked if we could get an early upgrade on the main line of the family plan which is up in Feb 09. The guy said since we have been with them since 1994 he would put in a note. I was pretty happy about that.

Then I call back to pre-order the phone. After being on hold and transferred around, I pre-ordered 2 Storms, silicone cases, and screen protectors.

I got Saturday delivery but the guy said I wasn't guaranteed that because he didn't know the stock amount. Kind of crazy is phone orders are out of stock.

In any case, I was very happy with the service I got from everyone at Verizon. The telesales and the CS departments were very helpful and everyone was really nice.

Glad to be with Verizon!
    11-20-08 07:17 PM
    Did you pay for Saturday delivery & will they refund that amount if they arent going to ship to you overnight?
    11-20-08 07:20 PM
    Did you pay for Saturday delivery & will they refund that amount if they arent going to ship to you overnight?
    I did pay and if it isn't at my house on Saturday, they will refund my money
    11-20-08 07:34 PM
    wow...verizon's been around since 1994?
    11-20-08 07:34 PM
    April of 2000 as Verizon........he was probably with AirTouch before the merger with Vodafone and Bell........not nit-picking, just thought it was a good spot for some history
    11-20-08 07:42 PM
    interesting, the verizon guy i talked to said they cant preorder because it isnt in the system yet.
    11-20-08 07:42 PM
    I don't think they have been around that long. I have been a customer since 1994 myself. I was first with CellularOne which was then bought our by GTE Wireless who was then bought out by Verizon. Verizon considers me as a customer since 1994.
    11-20-08 07:46 PM
    Yeah I was with Bell.

Call back and get someone new. He put in my information and will order it tomorrow.
    11-20-08 07:46 PM
    ive been calling for 2 days now, all over the usa, and they all say the same, YOU CANNOT PRE ORDER THE STORM,its aginst policy??? so how are these people pre ordering the storm???
    11-20-08 07:53 PM
    The first person I called said no. The second said yes but transferred to me to get my service correct. When I called back the person said no. So I called again and he said yes.
    11-20-08 07:57 PM
    April of 2000 as Verizon........he was probably with AirTouch before the merger with Vodafone and Bell........not nit-picking, just thought it was a good spot for some history

and to be honest I thought they were primeco here in the states before they became verizon? at least thats how I remember it because I had the first primeco phone with the earpiece that flicked up. was pretty much the first digital phone as far as I can remember all previous were really cellular
    11-20-08 08:01 PM
    I don't remember ever having primeco but that doesn't mean it never was
    11-20-08 08:03 PM
    I hope you give us a review on sat. when you get it.
    11-20-08 08:06 PM
    there is some guys on forum like DuLac (telesale) what he does is takes information from people and tomorrow when storm will be available in the system he is going to enter all order on the list.

Thats how I think it works.
    11-20-08 08:11 PM
    ive been calling for 2 days now, all over the usa, and they all say the same, YOU CANNOT PRE ORDER THE STORM,its aginst policy??? so how are these people pre ordering the storm???
    That's bizarre! I called Verizon support on Monday to ask a few questions, and that guy was trying to talk me into pre-ordering. He said he would ship it out first thing on Friday for Saturday delivery. But I want to get going on Friday so I declined his urging.
    11-20-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD