So I found someone to buy my iPhone from me. I am on the phone with VZW and I asked about the Storm and he said that it isn't coming out until January -

I asked if he was sure and he said he would ask his supervisor about the date. He came back and said that it is coming out in November -
    10-16-08 12:36 PM
    lol You are easily shaken. I would not have believed January at all and would have told him he was wrong!

Anyway, a phone sales rep told me he had a memo or announcement that said Verizon would have the release date public next week.
    10-16-08 12:40 PM
    lol You are easily shaken. I would not have believed January at all and would have told him he was wrong!

Anyway, a phone sales rep told me he had a memo or announcement that said Verizon would have the release date public next week.
    Good to know!

I just transferred my number back to VZW for the Storm - :P
    10-16-08 12:56 PM
    I've found that release dates (especially electronics) need to be taken "with a grain of salt". Many manufactures do this for the anticipation within the consumer.

Remember the first release date of the PS3? Held the gaming community frantic for a few additional months!
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 10-16-08 at 01:10 PM.
    10-16-08 01:00 PM
    I've found that release dates (especially electronics) need to be taken as "a grain of salt". Many manufactures do this for the anticipation within the consumer.

Remember the first release date of the PS3? Held the gaming community frantic for a few additional months!
    Very True!

But with it being this close to Black Friday and the Holiday season, I think RIM would have it in it's best interest to get this out as quickly as possible.
    10-16-08 01:08 PM
    So I found someone to buy my iPhone from me.
    Im also trying to decide if I should abandon my iPhone to use the Storm full time. I keep going back in forth. I love the 3rd party apps, 3.5 inch screen, and how well the iPhone works with my Macbook.

However, I still need to carry a curve to get my enterprise email, plus the blackberry OCS client allows me to be connected to my company IM system (so very valuable).

Im kind of hoping the Storm is the best of both worlds.
    10-16-08 01:15 PM
    Things are getting pretty bad when we are speculating about the announcement date, of the release date.
    10-16-08 01:59 PM
    Well I would have had to have killed myself.
    10-16-08 02:32 PM
    Im also trying to decide if I should abandon my iPhone to use the Storm full time. I keep going back in forth. I love the 3rd party apps, 3.5 inch screen, and how well the iPhone works with my Macbook.

However, I still need to carry a curve to get my enterprise email, plus the blackberry OCS client allows me to be connected to my company IM system (so very valuable).

Im kind of hoping the Storm is the best of both worlds.
    I like the iPhone it's great, but one of the main reasons I swtiched was because RIM was taking to long to get the Storm out and I loved the unlocked GPS. I have the 8830 WE and the GPS is locked.

Some reasons I switched back:

Unlocked GPS (What I have heard)
    3.2 MP Camera (Auto Focus + Flash)
    Video Recording
    MMS (What I have heard)
    10-17-08 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD