So keep in mind I am totally new to blackberry...
    My contract has been up for a little while and I have been debating whether to get the Curve, or wait and see what comes out for Verizon in the next few months. But yesterday when I went to BestBuy my mom convinced me to get the Storm because it was almost the same price (Curve was $150 and Storm $200) and I have 30 days to see how I like it.
    I was originally hesitant due to the heaviness and the whole touch screen but I haven't been finding it too frustrating to type on.
    I thought I was liking it until it froze up on me. It has done this twice in 24 hours and I've had to take the battery out and stuff. Is this a common problem that anyone knows of or is it just my particular phone??
    And anyone have any opinions on whether I should keep the storm or return it for the curve??
    Thanks!!
    03-02-09 03:58 PM
    Stick with the Storm, you will love it after you get use to it. They will be coming out with upgraded software soon to (hopefully) take all the little annoying bugs away, or you can be adventurous and as you work your way around this site look at the problems others have encountered and the fixes people have helped them with. Have fun great phone, my girlfriend says i like my phone more than her Unfortunatly i did'nt argue with her... Ha!
    03-02-09 04:21 PM
    My storm is great. It hasn't frozen on me, and the only time I pulled the battery is when I thought a program took too long to boot up. Running .75 (the operating system the phone came with) isn't super fast, but I love my phone. Waiting for the next official upgrade. It takes a while to get used to tho. Be patient and spend time getting to know your Storm!!! Good luck!
    03-02-09 04:47 PM
    I say keep the storm since you have 30 days to play with it. The storm is still a relatively new device and like any new device can have problems when it first comes out. But with the the latest leaked betas, many of the original problems are nonexistent. I have owned the storm since release day and have only had it froze once on me. Since this is your first BB, there is possibly a lot that you don't know about the device. You may be using incompatible apps that are actually cause the freeze. Also you may not have closed out the apps properly and that could be the cause of your freeze. I suggest reading some of the threads in the tips and tricks subforum to get better acquainted with getting the device better than you have it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 04:54 PM
    first off, congrats on getting a New Storm!

onto the freezing problem. Yes, that is a problem with the version verizon has on there phones right now as of .75

if your into it, download the .109 upgrade to your phone, its not an official upgrade by verizon, but its a lot faster and better then .75 and does not freeze up.

if you want to wait, Verizon is sending out a new upgrade sometime this month as well as a application center with a lot of apps. Hang tight and all will be fixed by the end of the month
    03-02-09 05:22 PM
    Curve is old and boring

03-02-09 05:25 PM
    you're probably getting a biased opinion by asking this in a storm forum....
    03-02-09 05:27 PM
    and just remember if you return it in the 30 days you will be charged the 35 dollar restocking fee. Yea i know they didnt tell you, there crooks what do u want me to say.
    03-02-09 05:34 PM
    i wasnt too crazy about mine when i first got it.... mainly because it was my first BB, but after a few days of having it- i REALLY got into it.

i wouldnt trade it for anything at this point.
    03-02-09 05:36 PM
    thanks for all the opinions and advice!!
    yeah i figured it might be a little biased since it's in the storm forum, but I wanted to hear from people who actually had it and liked it as well. As for the restocking fee... best buy doesn't charge it if you bring it back within 30 days. Or at least that is what we were told...
    03-02-09 06:34 PM
    and just remember if you return it in the 30 days you will be charged the 35 dollar restocking fee. Yea i know they didnt tell you, there crooks what do u want me to say.
    That's not true. If you switch the phone out for a different device or return the device and buy a new one within 72 hours you get charged the restocking fee.
    03-02-09 06:37 PM
    You will get used to it and become addicted
    03-02-09 06:38 PM
    I've had my Storm for nine days and I'm lovin' it more each day... I've never had it freeze up and other major problems as of yet. You will like it, play with it for awhile.
    03-02-09 06:47 PM
    I say stick with the phone. I had the 8830 before coming to the storm. There is a slight learning curve but overall I'm addicted the my phone.

Good luck with the new phone! I had my phone freeze on me once so far so I'm holding out for the update.
    03-02-09 06:51 PM
    I thought I was liking it until it froze up on me. It has done this twice in 24 hours and I've had to take the battery out and stuff. Is this a common problem that anyone knows of or is it just my particular phone??
    And anyone have any opinions on whether I should keep the storm or return it for the curve??
    Thanks!!
    If it keeps freezing up like that twice a day then that is unacceptable. I can't remember mine freezing up on me that much.
    03-02-09 08:10 PM
    Stick with the Storm - it's alot of fun.
    03-02-09 08:58 PM
    If you feel up to it install one of the beta OS. I am still using 103 because I haven't had any problems. 109 is the latest beta OS.

03-02-09 09:02 PM
    Im extremely new to BB's as well. Had my storm for 4 days now. I had it freeze the first day I got it. It was because I had way too many Apps open on it. Took it to Verizon and they did a battery pull and told me to close apps when Im done with them. This site I found yesterday and it has been amazing. Im falling in love more and more with my BB the more I hang out on here. Im trying patiently to wait for VZ's SW update, if I become a little more comfortable I might just go ahead and do a leaked OS upgrade. Just hang around here and you will learn alot. I know I am.
    03-02-09 09:18 PM
    thanks for the opinions!!
    okay, now this could just be me being stupid and new to blackberry but does anyone know what to do if your browser icon just disappears off your menu screen. I can still access it if I go into another app and click switch apps and select the browser. I have been trying to find a solution to this all day and feel like I have tried everything.
    03-03-09 06:24 PM
    Not a problem. Your are with VZN, right ? Call them up or get down to their store - they will help with the lockup issues. If not, they will escalate to RIM or get you a new phone. I recommend staying with 4.7.0.75 until a new OS is OFFICIALLY released ! Watch out which apps you install !

Doctor Neutron
    03-03-09 09:24 PM
    ... Also you may not have closed out the apps properly and that could be the cause of your freeze. ...

How do I know if my apps are closed 'properly'?
    03-03-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD