sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if there is a similar thread (i'm assuming) but i just picked up my storm, and wondering what i need to do now?

update os? apps?

coming from crackberry expects, what should i be doing to take full advantage of this technology?
    01-31-09 07:00 PM
    sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if there is a similar thread (i'm assuming) but i just picked up my storm, and wondering what i need to do now?

update os? apps?

coming from crackberry expects, what should i be doing to take full advantage of this technology?

Use it.........
    01-31-09 07:01 PM
    Read through all this forum and find out what suits you best. And like yester said, USE IT. and have fun.
    01-31-09 07:05 PM
    Congrats on your Storm. The "First" thing to do though, is NOT start a thread here saying "Just got a Storm, what do I do?"

Bottom line is, as Poster #1 said, is USE it...play around with it, push buttons, open programs and hit the BB key and see what the options are, send a text, make a call, etc.

Do NOT update the OS if you've got .75! It's clear you're new, you don't need to mess with things that bring new issues/problems/questions. I got my Storm back on release day 11/21 and I'm still using .75. It's a bit slow, but relatively stable compared to some of the newer leaked OS's.

Poster #2 said it well. Do searches here. Almost everything I learned about my Storm, I learned here. Nobody wants to hash over the same old crap, over and over and over again. Many have posted fine and detailed descriptions about how to use the Storm, how to deal with problems, how to install apps, how to uninstall apps, etc., it's already been said a thousand times, so let your fingers do the walking and use SEARCH! There are threads here on CB about the best apps, go find it (it was in the past week) and see what appeals to you.
    01-31-09 07:11 PM
    01-31-09 07:12 PM
    Quicklaunch and storm lock = must have!
    01-31-09 07:46 PM
    im new to BB stuff too and you just have to play around with things, organize things how you think u want it and then change it around again. going to the 3rd party app thread helps too. since i got mine like 3 weeks ago, ive installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled different programs. and even after weeks or months or years of playing with this thing, youll always end up dling, uninstalling, and maybe reinstalling new apps all the time. enjoy, i know i am.
    01-31-09 07:57 PM
    become a crackaddict and read every thread daily lol
    01-31-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD