I just switched from Voyager to the Storm despite all the problems i have been hearing and reading about the Storm. I wanted to test it out myself before really making any comments about the storm. I've only had it for a few hours and I think it has been pretty cool lately. My only question is when I am in the browser and I search for something, where is the enter button????
    Besides that the phone is really cool and i am hoping to learn many new things about this Blackberry. Anyways GOOD MORNING!
    01-17-09 07:01 AM
    Hi, I'm also semi-new to the Storm and bought it with some reservations, but after a week + of heavy use I have very few complaints.

After entering your browser search just hit the return button and you'll be on your way.

This site is invaluable in getting information about your new BB, most members are insanely helpful. Good luck!
    01-17-09 07:05 AM
    Welcome! I am sure that you will love your Blackberry as much as all of us do! You definately started out in the right place.
    Don't be afraid to install different apps and things. You can always remove them if you don't like them. That's the fun of it The more you experiment with different things, the more you learn about it.
    01-17-09 07:17 AM
    I am glad to hear that someone is trying to make there own opionion about the phone and not listiening to the propaganda.
    01-17-09 07:24 AM
    I have my storm for a day now and I love it! Just have to get used to posting from it

I just switched from Voyager to the Storm despite all the problems i have been hearing and reading about the Storm. I wanted to test it out myself before really making any comments about the storm. I've only had it for a few hours and I think it has been pretty cool lately. My only question is when I am in the browser and I search for something, where is the enter button????
    Besides that the phone is really cool and i am hoping to learn many new things about this Blackberry. Anyways GOOD MORNING!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 08:23 AM
    I was skeptical about the storm when I first purchased it on release day, but now I don't think I could ever go back to my curve. Just be patient with it and it won't disappoint you.

01-17-09 08:52 AM
    I've had mine for a month. Did get one replacement but I have been very happy with it.

Joel

01-17-09 09:06 AM
    Welcome to crackberry newbie...
    01-17-09 09:07 AM
    lzylong, just wondering if you tried out the iphone first...or was the storm your first choice? Or any other phones for that matter...
    I'm am coming up on getting a new phone...and I have been with Verizon for 10 years...so I hate to leave them...especially with the great coverage. But I tried out my friends iphone and it was just incredible. I have no doubt that the storm will get there...I just wonder how long it will be. Thanks and I'm not hatin on the storm...just trying to gather info. And glad to hear you are enjoying it!! take care
    01-17-09 09:33 AM
    Welcome to your new addiction my friend

PS: I also owned the Voyager and LG Dare. No comparison my friend
    Last edited by Terrigno; 01-17-09 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added Edit
    01-17-09 09:37 AM
    Welcome to paradise!
    01-17-09 09:38 AM
    Congratulations on your storm and welcome to CB.

01-17-09 09:41 AM
    lzylong, just wondering if you tried out the iphone first...or was the storm your first choice? Or any other phones for that matter...
    I'm am coming up on getting a new phone...and I have been with Verizon for 10 years...so I hate to leave them...especially with the great coverage. But I tried out my friends iphone and it was just incredible. I have no doubt that the storm will get there...I just wonder how long it will be. Thanks and I'm not hatin on the storm...just trying to gather info. And glad to hear you are enjoying it!! take care
    The iphone is cool, but its at&t. Had it been on verizon last year, I'd probably have one. However, I love my storm and if an iphone was put on verizon now, I wouldn't switch. They are comparable to a degree, but they are two different devices just like apples and oranges are two different fruits. I think thats one of the big problems with most reviewers, they were expecting an iphone and RIM wasn't making one. Aside from that, most of us know the bugs will be ironed out in due time, as they were with the iphone. My 2 cents.
    01-17-09 09:57 AM
    Congrats on your new Storm and welcome to the wonderful world of CB. As was said before, this is THE place to go for any info you may need on your new phone. Enjoy!
    01-17-09 10:14 AM
    It seems that Verizon (RIM) has built it and people are coming!
    I got my Storm a month ago and love it! This is my first BB and while it has been a challenge at times to learn it the CB site has made life much easier. There are a ton of very knowledgeable people on here and tons of very informative posts too. I have not had any issues with my Storm that I did not create myself by installing an app or moving something around. One of the deputies that works our area got a Storm after playing with mine and he loves it. He did have some screen click issues and had his replaced. One of our paramedics just ordered hers after seeing mine and two of our firefighters are getting them too. I am perfectly happy with my Storm and want to thank CB and the posters here for being lifesavers for us newbies!
    01-17-09 10:29 AM
    Welcome to CB and Welcome to the Blackberry Family.
    Rim not only put a new face on it's phone.. it put a new face
    on what smart phone can and will be as a working mobile fun
    device...
    01-17-09 12:30 PM
    Most complaints people usually have are because they refuse to accept good things sometimes have learning curves.
    01-17-09 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the kind welcome !!!!!!!!!!! I will enjoy my stay
    As for the Iphone i have only tried but never owned one. It seems pretty cool but cannot say anything since I have never owned one. But as for now i am going to enjoy my Blackberry Storm and be on this crackberry forum all day !!! haha
    01-17-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD