I called Verizon because I had a problem with a "device error", which restarted my phone, 3 times..once in MMS, then in SMS, and finally in Visual Voice Mail. He asked when this started and I told him when I got the update for Vcast/Rhapsody, yesterday. So we deleted the app and re-installed it. We checked all three messaging, and no problems as of yet.Then I told him, I was having a small issue with the led indicator, staying on after I've read a message or a voice mail, and the only way to get rid of the blinking red led light was to do a soft reset. The second small issue I told him I had was, the clicking sound of the screen, even after the phone was powered off!I told him that I would power the phone off completely and then touch the screen and I'd still here the clicking sound, as if I was still typing a message. So, he told me to turn off the key tone sound in options and see if the sound went away, when I powered off the phone.....it did! but when I turned it back on and I powered off the phone, the clicking sound could still be heard, even though the phone was off. The funny thing was, his test storm wasn't doing it! When he turned on his key tone rate and powered off the phone, when he clicked the screen, there was no clicking sound. He said that was odd! As far as the led light, the same, I sent him an SMS, MMS, and a vocie mail. After he checked all the messages, the led light went back to green. Well, he said clearly there is an issue with your phone.....but...after going through a series of test, I decided to ask him...What OS/Platform are you running. He said, 4.7.0.75, Platform 4.0.0.94. I said what!!! I asked him how do you have an updated OS, when all of us who own storms, are still waiting! He said they just updated all the phones in the office, yesterday! So I said, of course my problems are not showing up on your storm, because I'm running 4.7.0.65/.82. He agreed that could be the problem. Anyway, I just wanted to share with everybody the new OS/platform, which should be here by the Dec. 5th. By what he told me, it looks like its going to be OS 4.7.0.75/Platform 4.7.0.0.94. This will be latest. He also said more will be coming in the month of Dec. and most of them will be OTA.
    11-29-08 09:17 PM
    Kind of difficult to read one giant long paragraph.
    11-29-08 09:21 PM
    Well I hope he's right and wasn't just pulling your leg.
    11-29-08 09:21 PM
    lol. i just read the last few sentences.
    11-29-08 09:22 PM
    this information has already been posted.
    11-29-08 09:22 PM
    Good to hear, thanks for the info. Hopefully "More coming in Dec." means more than 2. lol
    11-29-08 09:23 PM
    I was taught to read long paragraphs. Sorry you're having trouble.
    11-29-08 09:26 PM
    you should have told him you were seriously considering returning the phone. If the update was available and would fix your problem, waiting another 6 days was not an option. I dont see how they can keep a much needed update(for alot of people) on hold for so long and not think the customer is going to get ticked off. It's just an update, jesus....some people can hardly even answer their phone.

I am lucky I guess....my phone has very minimal problems, but you can bet your but if I couldn't answer my phone, I would either have an update DL link emailed to me, pushed to me, whatever means necessary to get it on my phone...or I would be long gone. I, like many other's I"m sure, depend on recieving calls for business. Almost every call I recieve is private so calling the person back is not an option.
    11-29-08 09:27 PM
    you should have told him you were seriously considering returning the phone. If the update was available and would fix your problem, waiting another 6 days was not an option. I dont see how they can keep a much needed update(for alot of people) on hold for so long and not think the customer is going to get ticked off. It's just an update, jesus....some people can hardly even answer their phone.

I am lucky I guess....my phone has very minimal problems, but you can bet your but if I couldn't answer my phone, I would either have an update DL link emailed to me, pushed to me, whatever means necessary to get it on my phone...or I would be long gone. I, like many other's I"m sure, depend on recieving calls for business. Almost every call I recieve is private so calling the person back is not an option.
    its a dam ned if they do dam ned if they don't. Rushing out the first OS was part of the problem . . I would rather wait then have the update rushed.
    11-29-08 09:35 PM
    they wouldn't gain anything by releasing an update before it was fully tested. Imagine the lashback they'd get if they released a new SO early and people had even more problems with their Storms... wow

Sometimes I'm amazed by how people can think it takes such little effort to create software.
    11-29-08 09:35 PM
    Sorry for the long paragraph..but I had to explain what got me there in the first place! Just to POST, without FACTS, is not a post at all. I like to detail everything from start to finish. Maybe someone out there is having the same issues and can't understand how they got to that issue. I just wanted people to know. Anyway, we left off that when the update(s) hit, we will see if my problems are resolved;if not he put me down for replacement, with the new updtaed software OS/PL.
    11-29-08 09:38 PM
    no I fully understand what goes into developing software. all the petty issues are just that, petty. But not being able to answer a call? That is a major major issue, and if that has been addressed in the latest build, it needs to be available to everyone, expecially those with the issue. If only that fix.
    11-29-08 09:39 PM
    "I'm sorry sir, we really appreciate your business and value you as a customer, yes I realize we have an updated OS that fixes your issue with not being able to answer your PHONE, but unfortunately I can't give it to you for another 6 days. We are only allowing a certain group access to the update, and I'm sorry you dont fall within that group. Hopefully you wont recieve any important calls in the near future."

"have I answered all your questions and concerns today?"
    11-29-08 09:44 PM
    its a dam ned if they do dam ned if they don't. Rushing out the first OS was part of the problem . . I would rather wait then have the update rushed.
    they wouldn't gain anything by releasing an update before it was fully tested. Imagine the lashback they'd get if they released a new SO early and people had even more problems with their Storms... wow

Sometimes I'm amazed by how people can think it takes such little effort to create software.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The whole reason for the update is to FIX the issues people are having, not create more by sending out an update that's not ready for distribution.
    11-29-08 09:51 PM
    Dont get to worried about the updates. They will come. The phone has just been out a very short while and were all in it for the long haul.

lol its like christmas do what you can to fix the bugs your self or work around them. Learn the fun stuff about your phone (like making your friends with a iphone jealous that yours displays PP very well and their phones just choke up and die lol) and before you know it a week or two will have gone by and magically it will be time for a update.

They are still working on the iphone OS in certain respects and its been two years. Trust me you do not want to spend the next two years checking the web update 10 times a day every day
    11-29-08 09:58 PM
    er, am I crazy, or is the OP complaining that his phone clicks...when he clicks it.....
    11-29-08 10:02 PM
    *sigh* answering an incomming call is not something you can "work around"
    11-29-08 10:11 PM
    ^^

thats no lie
    11-29-08 10:18 PM
    He means that the optional beep the phone makes when you click it continues even after its turned off.
    11-29-08 10:21 PM
    The new OS will come out - you cant just rush it out the door - this will cause more problems then it will fix - they have to make sure its tested - especially the upgrade process via the desktop manager. I got an iphone on day one also - and gues what - there were many many issues. Just be patient.
    11-29-08 10:40 PM
    dont worry, once you complete fourth grade it will be easier
    11-29-08 11:08 PM
    dont worry, once you complete fourth grade it will be easier
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Too good!!
    Funny... I didn't have a problem reading all those words that were jumbled up into one paragraph. Hmm?
    11-29-08 11:14 PM
    I wish blackberry would have a form of error reporting for this phone not like the shoddy set up windows uses but a few dedicated pin numbers that are dedicated to receiving user generated comments about there OS. Would make more sense than a handful of trainers and vzw tech support staff providing input to rim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 12:59 AM
    I'm new so forgive me, but I think the screen clicking is a mechanical issue rather than a phone issue. I investigated the fix on the four corners not being as responsive. The phone has an audible click regardless if the phone is on or not.
    11-30-08 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD