I got my storm last nighT and upgraded from .75 to .148 and it keeps freezing on me and I barley get a signal. Internet is slow also out of all the os which one is the best? Thr one with the least bugs and lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 05:46 PM
    To be honest the OS is different for most people. I would say the best thing to do is do a search on all the OS out there for the Storm (or go to the Storm section of the forum) and read up on the reviews there.
    But have you tried a battery pull? I would do that first and see if it fixes anything.
    06-08-09 05:53 PM
    Honestly, it mostly comes down to preference. As far as official releases go, .148 is the best you can do. It shouldn't have those issues though, you may need to do a few battery pulls or reinstall even.

If you don't necessarily care about whether your OS is "official," then try a hybrid of some sort. I'm currently running a lyricidal hybrid, and it's pretty ingenius, and very smooth.

Whatever you do, make sure to read up on how to properly backup/upgrade your device!
    06-08-09 05:57 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

As you will soon notice, every OS is buggy, every OS is the best.

I personally prefer .148
    06-08-09 06:08 PM
    Yea should have gotten a curve. If you compare the storm just has a better screen and a lot more memory. The curve is faster on the internet. Typing on the storm is tedious. If you want a good touch screen get a pre or the iphone. I heard so much about .148 but its a disappointment. Too bad

06-08-09 06:21 PM
    Yea should have gotten a curve. If you compare the storm just has a better screen and a lot more memory. The curve is faster on the internet. Typing on the storm is tedious. If you want a good touch screen get a pre or the iphone. I heard so much about .148 but its a disappointment. Too bad

dude, u should seriously stop trolling around here if ya gonna talk smack bout the storm, almost every thread i look at bout storm owners switching, all i c is u trolling in there and advertising the curve and ****...
    06-08-09 07:02 PM

yea, for real, do you have a problem with people trying to be happy with their purchase?

The curve is NOT faster on the internet, if you're using proper applications. Maybe the native browser on the curve is faster than the native browser on the Storm, but ANYONE who wants a faster experience shouldn't be using the native browser in the first place.

The storm is a great phone, and not a bad first foray into the touch screen experience by RIM. Seriously, get the guts to try a leaked OS, or a hybrid, and then be happy.
    06-08-09 07:09 PM
    my personal favorite is the leaked .148 (non-hybrid) with the .90 radio code.
    06-08-09 07:15 PM
    I got my storm last nighT and upgraded from .75 to .148 and it keeps freezing on me and I barley get a signal. Internet is slow also out of all the os which one is the best? Thr one with the least bugs and lag.

Have you pulled the battery a few times since the upgrade to .148? That will help if you haven't already done it. Looks like your on TMobile. There could be some radios that work better for them than others. I'm a big fan of .148, but if you've got a bad signal, that's going to make everything else blow. Do a search on Swap-A-Radio. It lets you try other radio modules from different OS versions. May be start a more direct thread title of "What radio works best for TMobile?"

Grey
    06-08-09 07:21 PM
    I don't seem to have many issues that are anything with crying about with .148, I get the occasional weird thing happen once in a while, like if I exit a large res/bitrate video a certain way it will black screen but continue playing the sound until I press the end button a couple times, and today I got a weird lock up when I tried to cancel out of making a new folder. But all in all I'm very happy with it. I hope it gets better as the updates come out in the future.
    06-08-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD