For all you NYC Storm grab winners, To my extreme surprise I came home to UPS express pack with my free storm. Now I'm wondering if I should power it down since it's asking if I want it to connect to a CDMA or GSM network.
    12-12-08 03:42 PM
    Forgot to mention its running V4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94) for anyone curious
    12-12-08 03:46 PM
    you got a free storm?
    12-12-08 03:51 PM
    This causes great sadness to my person

I have my tracking number for my Storm Hunt Storm, and every day I check it and it still hasn't been sent
    12-12-08 03:53 PM
    This causes great sadness to my person

I have my tracking number for my Storm Hunt Storm, and every day I check it and it still hasn't been sent
    Two days ago they emailed me that it would still be 2-3 weeks, this came as a complete surprise.
    12-12-08 04:00 PM
    Did the box have a tracking number on it?
    12-12-08 04:30 PM
    Sweet! Hoping I get mine soon too... So I can sell it.
    12-12-08 04:49 PM
    I think I'm selling mine too and sticking with the Bold.. It is very cool, but just not sure if I want to switch carriers for it. I'm getting too used to the bold and what amazes me is how much heavier the Storm feels (not that it's necessarily bad thing). When I turn it on it asks if I want it to search for CDMA or gsm networks, should I just try putting my att sim in it and see what happens?. Pathymo, yes it had tracking (1Z 981 6XX etc...) sent to me via UPS second day from Momentum at 161 6th ave in NYC
    12-12-08 05:44 PM
    Yeah I would stay with the bold too. I'm pretty sure I will stay with my curve and wait for the 2nd gen Storm, or the next android phone. Too.many problems with 1st gen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 05:46 PM
    how are people getting free storms?
    12-12-08 06:03 PM
    how are people getting free storms?
    The New York Storm grab event they had in times square last month.

12-12-08 06:14 PM
    I think I'm selling mine too and sticking with the Bold.. It is very cool, but just not sure if I want to switch carriers for it. I'm getting too used to the bold and what amazes me is how much heavier the Storm feels (not that it's necessarily bad thing). When I turn it on it asks if I want it to search for CDMA or gsm networks, should I just try putting my att sim in it and see what happens?. Pathymo, yes it had tracking (1Z 981 6XX etc...) sent to me via UPS second day from Momentum at 161 6th ave in NYC

your at&t sim wont do a thing..

its carrier locked to verizon..

in the USA. You would have to unlock it ;D for it to work...
    12-12-08 06:52 PM
    My brother in law got his yesterday as well.

He won it in the NYC Grab contest.

Still nothing for me...

12-13-08 04:53 AM
    Still nothing yet eiter hopefully today

12-15-08 09:49 AM
    yeah. Hopefully me too...
    12-15-08 10:06 AM
    FINALLY!!! I got my STORM today!!
    12-15-08 10:43 PM
    I'm so glad you got yours! Did you win it in the grab or in the hunt? Did it come with UPS?
    12-15-08 10:51 PM
    I guess New Yorkers assume everyone lives in NYC. I wouldn't mind hearing the backstory behind all this.
    12-16-08 12:16 AM
    FYI, got mine sometime either Friday or Saturday last week via UPS (no tracking #). It was at my house when I got back from a trip.

Also, for those who are confused... There was a contest in NYC (and a few other cities) where Verizon set up one of those wind-tunnel ticket booths, where if you grabbed a certain number of a limited selection of tickets, you won a free Storm. The event was advertised on Crackberry, and was held in Times Square. That's what we're referring to here.

Anyway, mine as the newer software revision, which is cool. As I posted elsewhere, I demo'd it for a day but left most of the protective plastic on it. I have since switched back to my Curve, as I expected I would, and will most likely sell the Storm on craigslist or ebay for 100% profit. Sweet!
    12-16-08 11:56 AM
    FYI, got mine sometime either Friday or Saturday last week via UPS (no tracking #). It was at my house when I got back from a trip.

Also, for those who are confused... There was a contest in NYC (and a few other cities) where Verizon set up one of those wind-tunnel ticket booths, where if you grabbed a certain number of a limited selection of tickets, you won a free Storm. The event was advertised on Crackberry, and was held in Times Square. That's what we're referring to here.

Anyway, mine as the newer software revision, which is cool. As I posted elsewhere, I demo'd it for a day but left most of the protective plastic on it. I have since switched back to my Curve, as I expected I would, and will most likely sell the Storm on craigslist or ebay for 100% profit. Sweet!
    you gotta pay taxes for this lovely gift from VZW...lol.
    12-16-08 11:17 PM
    I'm so glad you got yours! Did you win it in the grab or in the hunt? Did it come with UPS?
    I actually won BOTH HUNT AND GRAB...I'm assuming that the Storm I received via UPS was from the NYC Storm Grab.

I have yet to receive the Storm from the NYC Storm Hunt.
    12-16-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD