I live in Philly and am on the VIP list for the storm at the Bustleton VZ store. I just got a call from the store manager to let me know that they were positively releasing the phone on the 15th. She said they were told the 9th previously but were informed today (Wed update) that it will be in stores on the 15th. Fell free to call and verify. And I know some of you are going to say "Store reps have no idea". I agree however, just sharing what I was told. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Verizon Wireless Corporate Store
    Bustleton
    Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 333-0412

THIS IS NOT A SPECULATION THREAD! THIS IS SOLID INFO STRAIGHT FROM VZ. POST ON THE STICKY FORUM IF YOU WANT TO ADD SPECULATION
    Last edited by apolicerecruit; 11-05-08 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo's
    11-05-08 01:35 PM
    Sounds right. I know a rep myself who told me between 14th and 17th.
    11-05-08 01:41 PM
    I live in Philly and am on the VIP list for the storm at the Bustleton VZ store. I just got a call from the store manager to let me know that they were positively releasing the phone on the 15th. She said they were told the 9th previously but were informed today (Wed update) that it will be in stores on the 15th. Fell free to call and verify. And I know some of you are going to say "Store reps have no idea". I agree however, just sharing what I was told. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Bustleton
    Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 333-0412
    do you know when they will have demo's? I wanna try it out before i buy it!
    11-05-08 01:52 PM
    Just talked to a rep... She has no clue when it will be out or the cost. She said she had training for it yesterday and that information was still unavailable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 01:53 PM
    Mwahahahahha! I hope you're right!

Thanks police. =)
    Last edited by cjro9; 11-05-08 at 02:23 PM.
    11-05-08 01:54 PM
    Man I hope you are right!

11-05-08 02:01 PM
    My rep sent me a tezt said between 14 and 16 so that is the 15th

11-05-08 02:03 PM
    i just called three different stores in Michigan and the first two said they don't know when it's coming out and then the third store said it's tentatively scheduled for the 15th
    11-05-08 02:13 PM
    Now we wait for Yester to show up and tell us we're wrong.
    The mods have been cracking down on "yester" bashing. Just got off a 24hr timeout.
    11-05-08 02:22 PM
    The 15th that's a Saturday! Verizon releasing a phone a Saturday. Sounds kinda iffy, but hope you are right.
    11-05-08 02:24 PM
    Why is the release not on Verizons website? Here we go again with all the speculation.I hope your right about the the 15th,we'll see.
    11-05-08 02:28 PM
    I called the number and it said it was Circuit City? So I pressed 2 for VZW and spoke with Prince yes he said his name was Prince and he said late November and that he knew nothing of the date or price. : ((( but i hope that you are right then that means that we will get it a couple weeks after then.

Bustleton
    Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 333-0412
    11-05-08 02:42 PM
    The 15th that's a Saturday! Verizon releasing a phone a Saturday. Sounds kinda iffy, but hope you are right.
    I don't buy the Saturday release either. I have said this in a couple of threads, but Tuesdays seem to be the day things are released. Although, it is not like anything else with the release of this phone has seemed to go normally???
    11-05-08 02:50 PM
    Not to mention that the number the OP listed is for a Circuit City store...
    11-05-08 02:53 PM
    press 2 and im sure Pribce will answer thats who i talked to.

11-05-08 02:58 PM
    Hmmm I remember when the curve dropped I was one of the ppl to get it early and got it on may 1st which was a thursday even tho the 5th was a monday I don't know that the have a specific day.

11-05-08 02:59 PM

Bustleton
    Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 333-0412

THIS IS NOT A SPECULATION THREAD! THIS IS SOLID INFO STRAIGHT FROM VZ. POST ON THE STICKY FORUM IF YOU WANT TO ADD SPECULATION
    I just called the number on the post and not only is it a circuit city store they have no idea when the Storm is coming out. The did however offer to put my name on a list and they stated i would receive a call when the official date was released.
    11-05-08 03:02 PM
    A quick google of the number reveals:

(215) 333-0412 - Google Search

this thread is 6th on the list and the only refrence on the first page to Verizon
    11-05-08 03:24 PM
    Called and they said 15th

11-05-08 04:46 PM
    Verizon does have stores inside Circiut City in lots of places, including my city, Lancaster, PA.
    11-05-08 05:57 PM

That doesn't mean a thing though... The circuit city up the road from me has a verizon store inside of it its not seperate dealer either its a actual verizon store
    11-05-08 06:08 PM
    Yep same here. Two circuit citys around me with official Verizon branches inside.
    11-05-08 06:21 PM
    That doesn't mean a thing though... The circuit city up the road from me has a verizon store inside of it its not seperate dealer either its a actual verizon store
    Yeah, VZW has stores Circuit City's. I know that. But the OP posted the information to the store as a Corporate store... which, to me, means a brick-and-mortar store.
    11-05-08 07:07 PM
    I just called the number on the post and not only is it a circuit city store they have no idea when the Storm is coming out. The did however offer to put my name on a list and they stated i would receive a call when the official date was released.
    Your an ***** and you didn't call. It makes no difference whether its a stand alone store or inside a Circuit City. Its still a VZ store and not a 3rd party retailer. I called the store and pretended to be a new customer and was also told the 15th.

ianjfletch=false posting, wannabe flamer
    11-05-08 07:12 PM
    Yeah, VZW has stores Circuit City's. I know that. But the OP posted the information to the store as a Corporate store... which, to me, means a brick-and-mortar store.
    Corporate=Owned by Verizon, sorry for your misconception.
    11-05-08 07:16 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD