man...my curve..i needed auto lock.

this baby...i really cant see dialing from my pocket...maybe would turn on screen for sec...but that can happen w/ lock on also.

now i can run my auto "quickpulls" too!
    01-11-09 10:58 PM
    your nuts if you dont think you need screen lock!!! but its ok. learn the hard way.

word of advice. Use it. will keep the phone safe from you hittin stuff and wasting the battery.
    01-12-09 02:42 AM
    Suit yourself but while at work one day I called my wife with my Storm in my pocket and didn't know it of course. I now use my Screen Lock every time it goes in my pocket.
    01-12-09 03:04 AM
    Screen lock doesn't love aerize alerts it always unlocks when I get a message. I haven't tried it on .86 yet but I'm sure its the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 03:10 AM
    forgot to lock my screen today, next thing i know my phone is in emergency mode.....need the screen lock
    01-12-09 03:28 AM
    Its a capacitive screen, how are u guys hitting stuff in your pockets?
    01-12-09 03:52 AM
    Its a capacitive screen, how are u guys hitting stuff in your pockets?
    MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!

I've tried just about everything I can to touch the screen without my finger, or really any direct body part, and I can't get it to react. the moment my skin hits the screen, though, it pops right up. methinks something else is going on there...
    Last edited by seVer916; 01-12-09 at 03:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-12-09 03:54 AM
    i don't know how, but my screen can click in my pocket...I just downloaded the Autolock app and life is nice - I don't have to remember to lock the BB, and I have no issues with notifications.
    01-12-09 10:01 AM
    The most important thing about the screen lock is security should you lose your phone. Just make sure to set a password on lock.

01-12-09 10:10 AM
    Without locking, can't you dial the last called number by hitting the Call/Send button accidentally? With or without the locking program, you can still accidentally shut off your phone too (press and holding the End button).
    01-12-09 10:16 AM
    Your phone can easily click from your pocket, unless you're one of those people that just doesn't, you know...move.
    01-12-09 10:19 AM
    Your phone can easily click from your pocket, unless you're one of those people that just doesn't, you know...move.
    Haha...nice!

I screen lock out of habit, I can't see how people don't lock their phones.
    01-12-09 10:36 AM
    I need to use it. Before I had it I accidentally dialed the first person in my contact list whom I've not talked too for a very long time. Since I've installed the auto lock no troubles. This is a must have.

01-12-09 10:51 AM
    Haha...nice!

I screen lock out of habit, I can't see how people don't lock their phones.

It's also useful to keep people from looking at your phone.
    People who don't have a Storm don't seem to be able to figure out how to unlock it.
    01-12-09 11:08 AM
    It's also useful to keep people from looking at your phone.
    People who don't have a Storm don't seem to be able to figure out how to unlock it.
    HA...no they can't. Which is great!
    I lock it at every chance. I called the last number from my phone before while it was in my pocket(not a fan of cases). It was an awkward conversation the next time I talked to that person.
    01-12-09 11:16 AM
    I lock my phone ALL the time, and not just for fear of the accidental button push, but for security reasons as well. I think its a good habit to get into.
    01-12-09 11:41 AM
    I lock my phone every time I put it into the unofficial case on my belt. On more than one occasion the phone has unlocked. I don't know why but it does.

01-12-09 11:52 AM
    HA...no they can't. Which is great!
    I lock it at every chance. I called the last number from my phone before while it was in my pocket(not a fan of cases). It was an awkward conversation the next time I talked to that person.
    hahah I can feel you on that note. Just imagine the phone being in your pocket and it accidently calls your work and your workers or Boss answers the phone and year scraggling lol. That wouldnt turn out so nice lol
    01-12-09 11:52 AM
    Before I got my Innocase/holster my battery would drain if I did not lock the phone. I always have to lock the phone when it is not in the holster. Now I never lock it as it goes to sleep in the holster.
    01-12-09 11:55 AM
    I love it. Half the people out there are trying to get their screen click sensitivity higher/more uniform/"better" and so-and-so doesn't need screen lock. lol. Glad I don't work for RIM or VZN.
    01-12-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD