I went to the verizon store near me last week and talked to the manager there, who I always see when I have a problem. I asked about the storm, and at that point the release date wasn't known yet, but she told me if I definitely wanted it, she would add me to the list, and she'd definitely hold one for me. She called a few days later when they were informed of the friday release date, and wanted to confirm if i still wanted the phone. I told her yes, and she said she'd have one for me when I got there on friday. guess it all depends on ur store...?

if i get it, i'll let you know. hope its there!
    11-17-08 11:47 PM
    I've called the VZW store near my pad in Huntington Beach and the one near my office in Brea (yes, the one that's on fire) and neither of them are taking orders. "First come first serve," is the answer I'm getting from both locations. I figure these are both in major cities and probably won't have any problem pushing these new handsets so there's no need to create a list which means I'm leaving HB at 6AM on Friday in time to grab some coffee, a pack of Reds and get to the VZW store in Brea at 7 to get my new Storm!!!!!

Then I'm getting unwillingly dragged by a bunch of female coworkers in my office to watch Twilight *gag*................. at least I'll have something to do while I'm waiting in line with a bunch of over-excited chicks.
    Last edited by HBcubs; 11-18-08 at 12:06 AM.
    11-18-08 12:04 AM
    Found this on Best Buys Website. Only tried my zip though :-(

BlackBerry Storm 9530 Black
    for Verizon Wireless
    $199.99
    after instant discount with a new Verizon Wireless account
    Price without new account: $529.99
    More Info
    Hide Info
    Buy this phone to use with your existing Verizon Wireless account.

Phone Details
    View All Images

Change this Phone

This item is new from Verizon Wireless with full U.S. Warranty

Item
    Value
    Price

BlackBerry Storm 9530 Black $549.99 $199.99
    with a new Verizon Wireless account
    Shipping via FedEx $9.99
    Phone Ships Friday! FREE
    Phone Price Today $209.98