As the title says I just bought my first Crackberry tonight. A 9530 Storm from Verizon. They have a special buy one get one free and it was time to upgrade the original ENv. Any do's or don'ts I should be aware of? I want to start loading apps but I don't want to make a rookie mistake and mess up my phone. Thanks for the help in advance.
    02-12-09 11:21 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/

Spend time reading a lot on here before you do things like OS upgrades and such. It'll save you in the long run. Reading is good. :billymadison:
    02-12-09 11:24 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you are. Looking for any pointers.
    02-12-09 11:25 PM
    There's really only one thing u can do.....READ.....THEN READ IT AGAIN. & you'll fall in love with the site & your Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:29 PM
    Check out this link if you haven't already...good info.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/wel...lecture+series
    02-12-09 11:30 PM
    Google storm wiki

I would provide you the url but I'm on my storm and its to tough to do.

02-12-09 11:30 PM
    Here's the link to the storm wiki.

BlackBerry Storm Wiki: The BlackBerry Storm Wiki with all the information you want to know!

02-12-09 11:41 PM
    I have a lot of reading ahead of me. Thanks for the quick responses. Do any of you prefer official or unofficial OS releases? I just dont want to crash my phone. I dont want to upgrade the OS just yet but I am just asking.
    02-12-09 11:41 PM
    official ones are great but they don't come too often. I have been running 103 leaked version and has been running pretty smoothly. Although if you download any leaked versions read all the info on all the good and bad about downloading leaked versions. They have very good tutorials in this forums.
    02-13-09 04:12 AM
    believe it or not, look on youtube. there is a lot of great info in some of the videos. i found a couple new things watching some of the home videos of people playing with the phone.
    02-13-09 04:56 AM
    Most every change/trick and app recommendation for me has come from this wonderful site. Glad I made the purchase and more pleased I knew about this site before I made the purchase. Forum members are very responsive when they know you have done your prelim work.
    Steve
    02-13-09 05:27 AM
    I just bought my Storm this week also, and this is my very first BB. My advice to you is NOT to upgrade the OS right away, even though it is very tempted. You should spend some time to get familiar with the device first. Set a baseline on what the device can do and what the device cannot do. And what kind of issues you have.

After setting the baseline, then you are free to upgrade to .99 or whatever beta OS that you can find, if you wish. In that way, if any new issue arises, you know it is related to the new OS and not the device itself.
    02-13-09 06:38 AM
    Just like what everyone says... Read EVERYTHING! But also practice a lot of patience. Trust me, you'll need it.

02-13-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD