this entire forum and can't find the answer so I'm making my own post!

I've been a BB Storm owner for barely 24 hours now. I've already returned it to Verizon once for this exact problem, and about 3 hours later the same problem arises in mine and my BOGO Verizon partner.

In the home screen, when you try to click on options to reset your wallpaper or how many nifty "desktop" icons you get, it simply will not go. Everything else works fine, but the options button will not work.

Any ideas before I go reem out Verizon again?
    03-23-09 08:59 PM
    I don't know what you are talking about. Can you explain better?
    03-23-09 09:01 PM
    From the very first screen, when you double click the BB button, and you have the option of moving your icons around, hiding them, deleting them, ect. there is one that says 'options' where you change your wallpapers and how many rows are on your front screen, ect. It won't let me click on options. Verizon seemed to think that problem alone was worth giving me a new phone and now the new phone is doing the exact same thing.
    03-23-09 09:04 PM
    That is weird, you should try upgrading to one of the leaks, that might fix the problem. Or better yet wait for someone else that might have an idea, but if vz change your phone idk what to say
    03-23-09 09:08 PM
    Do you have any wallpapers stored on your media card? If not I don't know where you would get your wallpapers from. If so- click on camera-click on view pictures-highlight a wallpaper you want-hit menu then click on reset picture for homescreen. That should work.
    03-23-09 09:30 PM
    Do a battery pull and then the next time you should be able to access your options from the bb menu. However, don't "close" out of that screen, just click on your back arrow key. This happens when you close out of that screen instead of the back arrow key. G/L!!
    03-23-09 09:33 PM
    yep.. battery pull will fix it, ive had this issue before
    03-23-09 09:51 PM
    Do a battery pull and then the next time you should be able to access your options from the bb menu. However, don't "close" out of that screen, just click on your back arrow key. This happens when you close out of that screen instead of the back arrow key. G/L!!
    You may point and laugh, and it sounds easy, but a battery pull is what? The way it sounds is just pulling out the battery .. and putting it back in?

I'm sorry! I'm so new to all this. I had an envy. It needed no tuning.
    03-23-09 09:59 PM
    You may point and laugh, and it sounds easy, but a battery pull is what? The way it sounds is just pulling out the battery .. and putting it back in?

lol... Pull the battery out for 5 seconds and put it back in and turn the phone back on.

When in doubt... Pull the battery out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 10:02 PM
    this entire forum and can't find the answer so I'm making my own post!

I've been a BB Storm owner for barely 24 hours now. I've already returned it to Verizon once for this exact problem, and about 3 hours later the same problem arises in mine and my BOGO Verizon partner.

In the home screen, when you try to click on options to reset your wallpaper or how many nifty "desktop" icons you get, it simply will not go. Everything else works fine, but the options button will not work.

Any ideas before I go reem out Verizon again?
    Which os are you running?

Some units come from VZW with the OS prior to 75...

Did you install the cd on your computer and link up with your BB?
    03-23-09 10:13 PM
    This was a notorious issue in the .75 OS...get a leak, it will fix the problem
    03-23-09 10:17 PM

Yep, that's exactly what it is...just pull the battery out for about a minute or so and put it back in. G/L!!
    03-24-09 07:24 AM
    Which os are you running?

Some units come from VZW with the OS prior to 75...

Did you install the cd on your computer and link up with your BB?
    I am currently running the .75 - i have been having issues with the disc running to. I tried it on all 3 of my roommates computers and it never worked so I downloaded the 4.7 DM from the BB website, just haven't had a chance to upgrade.
    03-24-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD