Hi,

I don't post very much on these forums, but a co-worker of mine is interested in purchasing a storm. He asked if it were possible to take the songs downloaded onto his computer via itunes and put them on the Blackberry Storm? Will Blackberry's media tools allow you to play anything you have from itunes?

Thanks for your time,
    11-18-08 02:35 PM
    YES you can sync the iTunes music or any media with the Storm.
    11-18-08 02:37 PM
    As long as there is no DRM on any of the music files.
    11-18-08 02:41 PM
    you can put files from iTunes onto the Storm, but they cannot be protected (purchased) songs.

^^^^sorry you got in there right before me!
    11-18-08 02:41 PM
    The songs actually purchased from the iTunes store have DRM-protection that will have to be removed before they can be put on the Storm. Other songs in iTunes (the program, not the store) can by sync'd without having to go through that step. Fortunately for me, less than 5% of the songs in my iTunes are gonna need a DRMectomy.
    11-18-08 02:43 PM
    As long as there is no DRM on any of the music files.
    Not to sound cocky or anything I love my iTunes with no DRM music purchased from the iTMS. I love the internet and other means of getting music too
    11-18-08 02:48 PM
    What is the best way to covert purchased songs? I don't mind buying a tool that does this but I want to buy the storm and I have about 100 songs I bought from Itunes and would like to play them on my Storm.

Any advice on which software is good for this.
    11-18-08 03:08 PM
    I have a MAC and many have said it is hard to sync with the storm to MAC, but will itunes still be easy to sync regardless of PC or MAC? If it has already been answered sorry, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
    11-18-08 03:09 PM
    not to be a **** but... my advice is NEVER buy music from itunes... Why would anyone choose to buy DRM protected music?

I guess some people just dont know, but once you do... you stop, right?
    11-18-08 03:10 PM
    To be clear, not *all* songs purchased from iTunes are DRM protected, but if I remember right, the non-protected ones are newer and may have cost more than 99 cents.

But yes, you can sync your whole iTunes library to a Blackberry, and all except the drm-protected songs purchased at the iTunes store will transfer successfully. It will just skip ineligible songs and proceed.

There are trickier, cheaper ways to do it, but one of the simpler ways to get around this is to burn your tracks to a regular audio cd (the traditional audio cd format that is, where only 10-20 songs will fit) from within iTunes. Then you can rip them back to your pc as wma or mp3 files and load them to your Blackberry any way you want. This is a great suggestion if you have less than a couple hundred tracks in question. If it's several thousand, like my kids have, it may be a bit expensive and time consuming!

Bob
    Last edited by rvgraham; 11-18-08 at 03:18 PM. Reason: incomplete
    11-18-08 03:14 PM
    ... I guess some people just dont know, but once you do... you stop, right?
    It's like an addiction ... you get to drinking and listening to music then in the morning you realize you bought a few albums off of iTunes. I finally just spent the $30 for NoteBurner.
    11-18-08 03:17 PM
    So how do you remove the DRM from protected songs?
    11-18-08 03:18 PM
    You can always use Rhapsody
    11-18-08 03:19 PM
    There's quite a few programs out there. Can't remember since I don't buy DRM music.
    11-18-08 03:20 PM
    What is the best way to covert purchased songs? I don't mind buying a tool that does this but I want to buy the storm and I have about 100 songs I bought from Itunes and would like to play them on my Storm.

Any advice on which software is good for this.
    You can burn them to a cd and then import them back into iTunes off of the burned CD. It's a PITA but it works. There are programs out there (free and paid I believe) that will allow you to burn a virtual cd to your HD so you don't have to burn 5 to 10 cds and then you can import them into iTunse from the virtual cd. You may lose some sound quality but at least you'll be able to listen to the songs.
    11-18-08 03:20 PM
    not to be a **** but... my advice is NEVER buy music from itunes... Why would anyone choose to buy DRM protected music?

I guess some people just dont know, but once you do... you stop, right?
    Unfortunately I have a bunch of iTunes gift cards that were given to me as presents so I want to use those up. Maybe regifting would be the better option.
    11-18-08 03:22 PM
    This is just one of the many ways to do it.

TuneClone - M4P to MP3 Converter - Convert M4P,WMA and Any Other Music Format to MP3 via virtual CD Burning

Just do a Google search, I'm sure you could find some alternative to this if you wish.
    11-18-08 03:24 PM
    Yep...it's a pain, but you can strip the DRM by burning a CD and then adding those songs back into your iTunes. Then use BlackBerry Sync...I sold my iPod thanks to BB Sync and my 16GB micro SD card.
    11-18-08 03:24 PM
    I used to buy my music from iTunes until I realized I want to use my Storm as my iPod. Now I buy them from the Amazon Mp3 store and use them on my Berry. I am making the slow transition away from my iPod touch haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 03:27 PM
    I use SoundTaxi to convert. Easy to do. Blackberry Media Sych easily syncs your iTunes playlists to the Storm.
    12-28-08 11:54 PM
    I used TuneBite. It also does DRM protected movies as well. you do have to purchase it- but if you have a large library- it's worth it. You just set it- and let it go. It works similar to Tuneclone- by making a virtual CD and re copying it back to your hard drive. SO you will have a copy of every song. In tunebite- you get the artwork abd everything (not sure about Tuneclone) I mainly bought it for the video conversion.

you can search this forum- there are several post about it.

I'm not advertising- it's the one I use and it worked well for me.
    12-29-08 12:37 AM
    I have a MAC and many have said it is hard to sync with the storm to MAC, but will itunes still be easy to sync regardless of PC or MAC? If it has already been answered sorry, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Blackberry's Media Sync software is availabe for Mac and PC and is designed to sync with Itunes. However it still will not allow you to sync any music purchased through the Itunes Store that is digitally protected.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    12-29-08 01:10 AM
    I use NoteBurner to get rid of DRM on my songs (may have gotten name wrong since I am guessing while I am at work and not on my personal computer).
    It adds a virtual CD drive to your computer and you select it as your Burner and it does what some others have already posted where it simulates burning to a CD and then ripping it to MP3 or whatever format you choose. However this way also keeps the metatag information intact so you dont lose it.
    I really like it and it has worked good for me.
    You can find out which songs of yours are protected in iTunes by adding the field "KIND" and it will list the songs AAC, MP3, Protected AAC, etc.

Hope this helps you out.
    12-29-08 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD