Stop asking if the Storm can do this or that like the iphone or if it has this app because the iphone has it...

The phone is brand new...it's nothing like the iphone except from style/shape similarities...

if you wanted an iphone go get one...
    12-04-08 08:44 AM
    So a phone that is a) a phone b) a camera c) plays music d) plays videos e) does GPS f) plays games etc etc ISN'T like an iPhone?

Calm down dude...
    12-04-08 08:48 AM
    Agreed, 2 different devices which are geared toward different 2 different types of users.
    12-04-08 08:51 AM
    did someone **** in your cheerios? of course its like an iphone. when you buy something you are going to compare it to something else. when you buy a new car, you're going to compare it to other cars, and if you say you don't do that, then you are not human.

anyway...apps are being developed i'm sure based off of what has already been done for the iphone. someday i'm sure someone will post on an iphone forum "is there an app like (insert app name here) for the blackberry storm"

i too am tired of seeing the same post about the same questions over and over. but there is no need to be rude to people who are new to the forums.
    12-04-08 08:53 AM
    relax no need to go on a rage rant

The title of this thread is all caps (screaming) and is *d out... really mature way to go about expressing your ideas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 08:53 AM
    Wow, This is ********.. Keep goings this could get interesting!
    12-04-08 08:56 AM
    Oh boy, here we go again. This has been discussed/debated/argued ad nauseam. Let it go, people.
    12-04-08 08:57 AM
    So a phone that is a) a phone b) a camera c) plays music d) plays videos e) does GPS f) plays games etc etc ISN'T like an iPhone?

Calm down dude...
    Is a corvette, just like a chevette? Yes the both have wheels, a engine, windows, doors, and drive...........but they are 2 totally different cars!
    I agree with the op! Especially because there ends up being 50 different posts saying the same thing!!!!
    12-04-08 08:58 AM
    When you go to those tech support sites, they often require you to ask your question in an online "wizard" before you can post to their forums or email them. I can't believe how bad their software is. "You mean you can't get your waterheater to submerge? See post #53980 dated 1 Jan 1962" OTOH, sometimes people are not a whole lot better than those search bots at figuring out a thread has already been posted on a certain topic. I wonder if vbulletin supports a feature that lets you type your entire post, and if more than 80% of the characters of your post are common with another thread, it asks you if you want your post to be added to the other thread. You still get to override this and get your own new thread but this feature might/maybe/possibly cut down on some of these repeated threads.

While software might someday provide some relief to the "duplicate thread" issue, one thing I'm sure will not cut down on this is rudeness.

I used to run a gaming forum using phorum software and I wrote my own bad word checker routine to put _ or * in place of certain phrases. It was an ongoing battle to detect off-spellings of certain phrases. This kind of feature really should not be necessary.

People have the right to compare phones, especially when one is released in response to competitive pressure from the other model. If you look at smartphone OS market share, Blackberry growth is flat while Symbian falls off and OS X climbs. I'm sure the folks at RIM are wishing BB OS was climbing as rapidly as OS X. So yes, the storm is marketed as an iphone killer. And yes it can work. My son has been pestering me for an iPhone for 2 years now and the other day he came up to me and asked for a BB Storm.
    Last edited by r0k; 12-04-08 at 09:51 AM.
    12-04-08 09:48 AM
    Look the iphone is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and it can leap tall buildings....wait im getting it mixed up. Oh well, but I heard the iphone can turn water into wine!
    12-04-08 10:07 AM
    Had mine a couple days now and I think its amazing, fast,smooth,load and clear.
    maybe getting from the second batch and not the first day release was a better thing
    I dont see most any of the problems some others have, dont even need the paper under battery trick, my screen is clicking just fine and the accelorometer wirks great (under a sec switch) I do not believe in comparing so much cause each phone is its own just a car,boat or anything. I had a WM and it did this or that but in the end its what is comfortable for you that matters, you can buy any phone on the market and it will or wont do everything exactly the way you want, so if you like the storm then adapt to it and you will love it, if you dont adapt then you will never be happy. I may miss a few features from my wm but overall my likes totally outweigh my dislikes
    No one device is perfect so to each his own i guess, myself I prefer this over my wm anyday and have played with the iphone and think its does most things way better job for my personal taste.
    12-04-08 10:07 AM
    i still think this storm blows iphones out of the water. ive compared and played with my friends 3g for sometime, and there are major differences i didnt like.

the iphone cannot multi task, i cant go on aim and use the browser and gps all at the same time while listening to music. it cannot copy and paste which i find very useful on my storm. these are just the features ive found favorable to me, there are plenty more such as camera, flash, video rec. etc..

the iphone is just more developed than the storm as of now, having more apps and less lag issues, but thats about it.
    12-04-08 02:28 PM
    Let's all take a deep breathe and say "WOOOOSAAAAA"...there you go doesn't that feel better.

Seriously, I am tired of all these angry threads...some people like the storm some don't...if you don't return it and if you do like it enjoy because it's an awesome phone!!!!
    12-04-08 02:32 PM
    So I seen a commercial for the iphone today where you can just hold the iphone to the radio/tv whatever is playing music and the iphone will search and find and you can buy it upload whatever. Does the storm do this?
    12-04-08 02:36 PM
    did someone **** in your cheerios? of course its like an iphone. when you buy something you are going to compare it to something else. when you buy a new car, you're going to compare it to other cars, and if you say you don't do that, then you are not human.

anyway...apps are being developed i'm sure based off of what has already been done for the iphone. someday i'm sure someone will post on an iphone forum "is there an app like (insert app name here) for the blackberry storm"

i too am tired of seeing the same post about the same questions over and over. but there is no need to be rude to people who are new to the forums.

"**** in your cheerios".... thats the best thing ever lol
    12-04-08 02:39 PM
    Agreed, 2 different devices which are geared toward different 2 different types of users.
    I don't agree with that. They are both aimed at the general techie consumer and Apple is also pushing it to the enterprise side were BlackBerries have dominated for years.

It's not the end users fault that everything is compared to the iPhone - the media is the cause of all this "iPhone Killer" crap, so rant at them, not the people on the forums.
    BlackBerry Storm could be Apple iPhone killer - Telegraph
    And the Nokia N97 is Nokia's N97 and the dilemma of the iPhone killer | Technology | Los Angeles Times
    12-04-08 03:35 PM
    Everyone compares the Storm to the iPhone... isht, even Verizon compared the Storm to the iPhone.

Those who claim that the Storm and iPhone are two separate devices and shouldn't be compared are merely in denial that the Storm doesn't even come close to the iPhone.
    12-04-08 05:28 PM
    I don't agree with that. They are both aimed at the general techie consumer and Apple is also pushing it to the enterprise side were BlackBerries have dominated for years.

It's not the end users fault that everything is compared to the iPhone - the media is the cause of all this "iPhone Killer" crap, so rant at them, not the people on the forums.
    BlackBerry Storm could be Apple iPhone killer - Telegraph
    And the Nokia N97 is Nokia's N97 and the dilemma of the iPhone killer | Technology | Los Angeles Times
    The iPhone is a big toy IMO. It's for the General Techie who wants a fun phone to play with. BB's are geared straight for business.

Now, this is my opinion. I've owned an iphone 3g and now have the storm. I'm not trying to say the iphone is a bad phone here. It is a SICK phone to be honest but it's on a crappy network and is missing a lot of features that, as a business user, need.
    12-12-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD