(checks watch...)

It's about that time for me to go ahead and dip into the Storm world of phones. I was one of the many that wanted to purchase the phone on day 1, however, was not willing to stand in line early in the morning... that's just not me. I was informed they were backordered and as it stood... i've just been holding on to my BB Peal w/ a broken battery cover - and remaining a free agent in the cell ph industry.

Luckily for forums such as CB (now an admitted addict ) i've been able to gain a particularly strong knowlege-base w/ regard to the BB Storm and it's current strengths and weaknesses to the point I feel more knowledgable than VZW reps. I've had the opportunities to play w/ the display models and test the 'knowledge' of these individuals while i chuckle inside. Fortunately, a new VZW store opened near me and I had the opportunity to speak w/ the manager since he and his associate were current Storm owners and he even allowed me to play w/ his phone on OS .109. We mentioned CB a few times which really made me feel comfortable. That was 2 weeks ago, and now.. I'm ready to get the phone that has caused my addiction to these forums. BTW BestBuy has the Storm for $130 w/ a 2 yr activation for anyone interested and my local VZW told me they would give me that deal since he called and confirmed. Unfortunately, the customer ahead of me is taking the BOGO offer but the manager that I was working w/ will give me a call today when he obtains the Storm from another store for me. Can't wait til the tinkering begins...

For what it's worth, he mentioned .140 would be the Next Official, but we know how that's gone lately... or just maybe......

CLIFF'S NOTES: I feel like getting my Storm today!!
    03-28-09 03:10 PM
    so i got my Storm and am quickly looking to update to .113. any other suggestions from the experienced masses?
    03-28-09 09:28 PM
    Hope it works out for you. Definately a love/hate relationship so hope you're good with that. Just check out the update threads and follow the directions. I did it for 5 months and never bricked my storm so you can do it too.
    03-28-09 09:48 PM
    so i got my Storm and am quickly looking to update to .113. any other suggestions from the experienced masses?
    yes. get the iPhone. Just kidding.

enjoy it, and when you get annoyed come back here...
    ahhhh, even if you're not annoyed it's fun to come here (when people don't take themselves too seriously).

I've been lucky with mine. .75 has worked pretty well for me (but an update is welcomed). Just a few bugs for me, but not too bad... I love the phone! Hope you have a good experience!
    03-28-09 09:57 PM
    hey mates.. thanks for the advice. I've done plenty of research/lurking and knew what to expect prior to purchase so I'm definitely open-minded about what to expect. nonetheless... the experience is definitely that.... an experience.
    03-29-09 03:12 AM
    The Storm is great. My addiction gets worse every day. I just want to pick it up more & more each day. My wife's beginning to worry. Thanks again to all posters on this site. Ur the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 04:06 AM
    depending on what day it is, i either love my storm or want to trade it in when the niagra shows up. All in all it is a great phone, but the keyboard is beginning to drive me nuts. The fact that it takes up half the screen is really irratating, but livable. anyway, welcome to the storm world, enjoy.
    03-29-09 07:18 AM
    Congrats Crown! You definitely prepared yourself before you jumped in. Glad your here!

Apps! There are lots of them now depending on what your interests are.

You're already familiar with most of the bb apps. I would recommend QuickLaunch though because you don't have the keyboard to make shortcuts. QL is designed really nice.

Typing is the biggest thing to overcome, but it def. gets easier with practice. I came from a Curve and it took me a while to get comfortable with it. I love it now! I don't know if I could go back to a smaller screen now. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 07:54 AM
    I went from the Pearl to the Storm as well. It took some getting used to but I'm addicted even worse if that was possible. I haven't jumped in on the OS upgrade as mine has worked well on .75. But I'd have to admit that I'm ready to take the plunge. The Storm gets better by the day and there are more and more aps and themes available as well. Good luck have fun and keep Crackin'!
    03-29-09 08:24 AM
    you will love it i went from voyager to storm
    03-29-09 09:23 AM
    I went from Palm Treo to the Storm and love it. Some things BB can't do that I did with Palm, some things BB does that I couldn't do with Palm.
    I was not waiting for the Pre ...especially on Sprint.

Enjoy your Storm.
    03-29-09 09:49 AM
    and so the tinkering begins.. i'm already itching for an upgrade just to experience the advantages the latest betas have to offer. i'm sure i'll be up all night trying to get accustomed to my new 'toy'... i mean business tool
    03-29-09 12:03 PM
    I would recommend the NEW .114 Hybrid V3.... Been working AMAZING for me so far... I used V2 before that and that was great too!

Would definitely give it a try and see what you think.
    03-29-09 03:42 PM
    "You're already familiar with most of the bb apps. I would recommend QuickLaunch though because you don't have the keyboard to make shortcuts. QL is designed really nice."

I reccomend QuickLaunch too. For me it is a top 5 essential app.
    03-29-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD