hey guys sorry for this lame 1st post. but ive been searching for DAYS! lol literally. and i cant find a thing on my issue. well here it goes.

i have an unlocked storm i use on AT&T
    my end call/power button locks my device i cant end a call or back out of programs i literally have to pull the battery if im trying to restart my device.
    im thinking someone deleted something out of the phone that wasnt supposed to be deleted an it messed up my config? im new to blackberry so idk how they work.

and if i where to reload my OS would i have to unlock my phone again? im not sure how that works. Well hope someone knows how to help me out thanks in advanced.
    09-07-09 11:00 PM
    Strange! Anyway, ya might want to read over this: INFO!!! HELP GUIDE: Upgrade/Downgrade, Backup, BRICKED STORM! Your FULL Resource!

And perhaps this post as well: HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx

And no, reloading the OS will not mess with it being unlocked. Once unlocked, always unlocked.
    09-07-09 11:20 PM
    well i got my browsers and everything working the only thing i cant get working is my AIM app and this issue with the end call button not sure what to do,
    09-07-09 11:22 PM
    well i got my browsers and everything working the only thing i cant get working is my AIM app and this issue with the end call button not sure what to do,
    I would wipe and upgrade os.
    09-07-09 11:24 PM
    thats what i was thinking. is it possible that something got deleted that wasnt supposed to? how many themes are on a stock storm? just the zen? or is there a few more like the other BB;s
    09-07-09 11:31 PM
    thats what i was thinking. is it possible that something got deleted that wasnt supposed to? how many themes are on a stock storm? just the zen? or is there a few more like the other BB;s
    Hopefully you don't have a hardware issue. Hard to say why it's doing what it's doing. Precision Zen is the only stock theme.
    09-07-09 11:37 PM
    well maybe i will just read up on how to reinstall the OS wipe it clean like it just came out of the box and hopefully that will make it better. by any chance does this site have the leaked 5.0 software?
    09-07-09 11:40 PM
    Yeah I would try the wipe and reinstall the os. Good luck and let us know if that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 11:54 PM
    I think this site can accommodate your needs. Try this thread link

remember that the leaks all have problems so read up on them to see if you can live with them. Their are some pretty nice hybrids if your up for a potential challenge.
    09-08-09 12:34 AM
    what do you mean challenge? whats in a hybrid OS?

im currently on 4.7.0.148 is that new or old
    09-08-09 09:02 AM
    i upgraded to .167 an still same issue do they make a program where i can go in and manually set my keys?
    09-08-09 10:21 AM
    i upgraded to .167 an still same issue do they make a program where i can go in and manually set my keys?
    Not that I am aware of. Did you wipe it then install .167? Or just upgrade? If ya just upgraded then its likely the problem just followed along. Wipe it and install the OS fresh, don't add any apps yet, and see if the problem is still there. If so then I'm afraid its probably a hardware issue and only a replacement will end your trouble.

09-08-09 04:43 PM
    what i did was most likely upgrade cuz i downloaded OS plugged my phone in backed up unplugged, loaded OS plugged phone back and ran the loader im assuming that was just upgrading?
    09-08-09 10:47 PM
    Yep, ya only upgraded the OS. Try wiping the device first then install whatever OS you want clean. I would recommend 4.7.0.151, its a stable OS with no problems/issues that some of the later leaks have.

09-09-09 01:58 AM
    Any luck with your problem Aim?
    09-09-09 08:37 AM
    im at work right now im going to try it when i get home around 8m eastern time. and i will follow up with you guys with the results. in the mean time. could someone give me a brief description on how to wipe it clean do i have to use JL cmd? or is there a better way.
    09-09-09 10:14 AM
    You can JLCmdr or BBSAK (a newer tool), either one is capable of wiping everything. If you're running Vista on your home pc ya might want to use BBSAK, as JLCmdr can be a little tricky to get it to connect to your berry.

09-09-09 11:44 PM
    i wiped out and re installed and still same issue..im assuming its gotta be a device issue. unless someone else knows what can be done.
    09-10-09 10:09 AM
    Seems to be a hardware issue then . You can try and get it replaced, but I'm guessing you got your Storm from a 3rd party? So I can't offer any advice on how to go about doing that. Or... you could just not use the button , personally I rarely use the End button, but that's just me. I end calls with the screen button, or just wait for whomever I'm talking with to hang up. And I use the return button to get out of most app's. FYI, the End button does not actually close app's whereas holding the return button will for quite a lot of them, but not all.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck, hope ya get it worked out one way or another.
    09-10-09 03:57 PM
    thanks man. and for all the others who tried to help. i think im just gonna use a bluetooth if i wanna make a phone call..haha
    09-10-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD