I am having a small (and not life-altering) problem with my contacts. Most of them sync fine, in the correct order (I like mine last name, first name). However, a few random contacts are syncing first name, last name or some other random combination. My Outlook information is correct, but when it gets to my BB, it seems to mess it up. Any tips out there? If it's relevant, I have a Storm.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    06-03-09 07:16 PM
    Strange it does it only for a few. You might want to verify that the field mapping is correct. In DM, click on Synchronize, then in left column under Configure click Synchronization, then click the Synchronization button. Highlight Calendar and click Advanced, finally click Map Fields. Also, I know I've mistakenly entered contact info in the wrong fields on my storm while not paying close attention.
    06-03-09 08:07 PM
    Thanks, Craterz. I'm probably too much of a newbie to understand what you said- I tried following your directions, but didn't seem to make any difference (or maybe I just didn't know what to do there). I do appreciate the reply though!!!
    06-05-09 12:56 PM
    How to explain...

The way the sync works is thru Intellisync, a bit of software that used to be stand-alone for PDA's that I used to have (maybe still is, don't know... but not in this case, it's built into Desktop Manager). Which compares the various "fields" (first name, last name, address, etc.) between the device and Outlook. The only way it knows how to compare each field is from the "field mapping", that is, for example... First name field on device as compared to First name field in Outlook. The "map" tells it what fields to compare from device to Outlook. If, by chance, the "field mapping" is not correct... for example, First name on device <-> Last name in Outlook, then whenever you sync the fields will get flip-flopped. What you should see is something along the lines of...
    Device Microsoft Outlook
    First name <-> First name
    Middle name <-> Middle name
    Last name <-> Last name
    Title <-> Job Title
    Etcetera

Given that you don't know what this is, then I doubt you've changed the field mapping from it's default settings. In which case, maybe you've just made a boo-boo and entered the contacts info in the wrong fields? I know I've done it before. Although, if the Outlook info is correct before you sync, when you sync it should get straightened it out, as long as the "field mapping" is correct. Anyway... after all that, I am unsure what else to tell ya to check.

Hope some of that made some sense
    06-05-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD