I've tried the how-to forum, with no luck...

I have done enterprise activation, and am now synced with exchange. I also set up a personal email account. Now, all messages and notifications go into the "messages" folder. My corporate email, personal email, missed calls etc. all go into that folder. The personal email ALSO go into it's own folder, but it's annoying having all that mixed in with my corp. email.

Is there a way to keep the BES email seperate from the other messages? Ideally, (like my old win mobile device) I would have a corp email folder, personal email folder, and other notifications seperate from each other...

Thanks
    01-25-09 04:13 PM
    try going to messages, then goto Menu --> Options -> General Options --> "SMS and Email inboxes" change this to "seperate"

see if that works?
    01-25-09 04:20 PM
    Just ignore the Messages folder when you're checking email. But so far as I know, there's nothing you can do about this. Everything shows up in the messages folder as well, even though they don't technically exist in the messages folder.
    01-25-09 04:21 PM
    try going to messages, then goto Menu --> Options -> General Options --> "SMS and Email inboxes" change this to "seperate"

see if that works?

It is already set that way. It's not SMS i'm talking about, they are separate. In the messages folder I get both email accounts, missed calls, etc. I want only my corporate (BES) email in a single folder...
    Last edited by mchad; 01-25-09 at 04:29 PM.
    01-25-09 04:24 PM
    Just ignore the Messages folder when you're checking email. But so far as I know, there's nothing you can do about this. Everything shows up in the messages folder as well, even though they don't technically exist in the messages folder.
    But if I ignore the messages folder, how then do I access my corporate email?
    01-25-09 04:25 PM
    As long as you setup a BES and BIS they will both show up under Messages...nothing we can do. Your only real options are:

1. Buy Empower BES option - it is like 30.00 and WAY over-priced in my opinion. If anyone can create a stand alone BES mailbox folder that would filter corporate email only for around $10.00 I would shout from the hilltops to promote it for them.

2. If your personal email is gmail, then you can use the gmail program that loads as a separate email program and will not show up in your messages folder. Down side to this is that it is not really setup for Storm IMO and so I believe it is not great on battery and is may up to a 15 min delay but it is a personal email so that may not matter.
    Last edited by markyoung04; 01-25-09 at 04:39 PM.
    01-25-09 04:37 PM
    Corporate email will always go to the Messages folder and nowhere else. BIS mail will go to the individual BIS inboxes and be mirrored in the Messages folder. This is how the BlackBerry is designed. You can't avoid it with the native software, but you can download a 3rd party app called Empower that will give you a separate BES inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 04:40 PM
    Corporate email will always go to the Messages folder and nowhere else. BIS mail will go to the individual BIS inboxes and be mirrored in the Messages folder. This is how the BlackBerry is designed. You can't avoid it with the native software, but you can download a 3rd party app called Empower that will give you a separate BES inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually, I think I found a solution. Since this is now my 10th post, my next will include the URL...
    01-25-09 04:42 PM
    Actually, I think I found a solution. Since this is now my 10th post, my next will include the URL...
    What about this? Looks like what I need...

View Document
    01-25-09 04:45 PM

View Document
    Alas, I work for a staffing company and they don't let us mess with the DB . I tried to get them to do this and blackhole for me so if you have the power/ability/pull to do it then this should be your friend.
    01-25-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah, I can do this. However, it may be moot, because I just realized I may not be able to use a blackberry... I just tried to send an email and it failed. Then after checking my AD account properties, I see that the BESadmin permissions were removed from my account's security properties. I now remember, that for some reason, AD removes the BESadmin permissions from any account with admin rights (my account). Great. Bye Bye Blackberry (unless there is a fix I don't know about)
    01-25-09 05:00 PM

View Document
    After reading the BlackBerry information, I think you will have to be a BES administrator to install this feature. From your subsequent posts, it appears that you may have some admin privileges, so it may be possible for you, but not for the normal BES user.
    01-25-09 05:36 PM
    After reading the BlackBerry information, I think you will have to be a BES administrator to install this feature. From your subsequent posts, it appears that you may have some admin privileges, so it may be possible for you, but not for the normal BES user.
    Yes, I (had) full admin rights. No longer... I just had to demote my account because apparently blackberry users can't be admins. Nice.

But I can still access the server with admin rights... I may try this tomorrow.
    01-25-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD