Ok I looked and unless I missed it there has not been any real discussion on here about the differences. And I am talking about the big differences software wise like for instance, I keep hearing about this remote control through the iport cards not sure what that is and can the storm do anything similar. Also I know that both can be wiped and locked if they are lost or stolen as long as you are using business software. I want to hear what everyone thinks especially if you have used the Iphone and with the specs of the storm or any BB for that matter. I want to know the stuff we have not heard before. I hope I am making this as clear as mudd .... And no I have never used an iphone or a BB played with but never used, so maybe I am asking a stupid question but here it is.

this stuff we know Iphone Storm
    Wifi yes no
    cut and past no yes
    interchangeable batt. no yes
    removable or upgradable memory no yes
    video recordings no yes
    SMS no yes
    10-20-08 06:16 AM
    Thanks for the thread. Gaming wise the iphone is superior to the storm also in entertainment and user friendly field the storm is by far behind, however when it comes to practicality the iphone has nothing to offer and I mean NOTHING compare to BB OS.personaly I think the iphone revolutionaisd the keyboard but RIM has taking massive step enhancing it to give you the pleasure of phycical keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 06:42 AM
    Gaming wise the iphone is superior to the storm also in entertainment and user friendly field the storm is by far behind...
    I'm curious about these aspects of the Storm too, and I'm interested in knowing how you arrived at these conclusions.

Thanks!
    10-20-08 06:50 AM
    I'm curious about these aspects of the Storm too, and I'm interested in knowing how you arrived at these conclusions.

Thanks!
    As it stands the I-phone has more memory and a faster processor so gaming is a given. I would tak a guess and say before the end of the year a 32 gig I-phone is coming.
    10-20-08 07:18 AM
    first, iport card, doesn't exist, you probably mean airport but that is essentially wifi, so that is not possible with the storm, unless a developer makes a remote app with bluetooth or over the internet.

secondly, iphones do SMS they don't do MMS
    10-20-08 07:25 AM
    As it stands the I-phone has more memory and a faster processor so gaming is a given. I would tak a guess and say before the end of the year a 32 gig I-phone is coming.
    not so on the processor, it is a 600 mhz processor but they underclock it to 400 to conserve battery, so it ends up being slower. the gaming is helped by the graphics chip but word has it that there is a more powerful graphics processor in the storm. we just need to wait and see what developers come up with once they have all the tools for the storm.
    10-20-08 07:29 AM
    not so on the processor, it is a 600 mhz processor but they underclock it to 400 to conserve battery, so it ends up being slower. the gaming is helped by the graphics chip but word has it that there is a more powerful graphics processor in the storm. we just need to wait and see what developers come up with once they have all the tools for the storm.
    Exactly. That was kind of the point of my ^^ post. Until we actually have the device in our hands, catch all statements about its lack of user friendliness and speed of operation are pointless.
    10-20-08 07:48 AM
    Until the BB Storm comes out it's hard to compare. I did hear that we will have MMS and GPS should be unlocked on the Storm.

To me the Storm has more Yes marks in the categories I want compared to the iPhone.
    10-20-08 08:20 AM
    A2DP = Yes on Storm, No on iPhone
    10-20-08 08:34 AM
    Here's a question along the OP's lines...and I simply don't know the answer.

Does the iPhone natively support PDF, .doc, .xls, etc. files? Looks like The Storm comes with Documents To Go embedded in the OS. My Palm has this setup and it works pretty nice. Great to bring up and modify an Excel spreadsheet without needing to convert it into some oddball mobile format.
    10-20-08 08:59 AM

Does the iPhone natively support PDF, .doc, .xls, etc. files? Looks like The Storm comes with Documents To Go embedded in the OS. My Palm has this setup and it works pretty nice. Great to bring up and modify an Excel spreadsheet without needing to convert it into some oddball mobile format.
    You can read PDF and office documents, but you can not edit them on the iPhone.

DocToGo is working on an iPhone version though.
    10-20-08 09:25 AM
    I wonder if it will read .m4v files. I have a few encoded to use in the iPhone and it would be cool if I didn't have to reencode them for the Storm. .m4v is MPEG4, right? I'm not too saavy with the video encoders.
    10-20-08 09:34 AM
    I think its pretty safe to say that if whats most important to you is games and multimedia, the iPhone will be far superior. The advanced iPhone sdk is very powerful and makes porting OSX desktop applications pretty easy.

The ipod features of the iPhone are really second to none, and its foolish to believe the Storm will be any better. One just has to browse around the Storm simulator to see the media app is pretty bare and basic.

However, email and messaging is another story.
    10-20-08 09:36 AM
    Wifi..Iphone yes, Storm no

Memory-Iphone 8 or 16GB cap Storm Only 1 GB internal, but up to 32GB upgradeable and swapable

Copy N Paste-iphone no, storm yes

Stereo Bluetooth-iphone no, storm yes

MMS- Iphone no, storm yes

Screen Resolution-Storm's is slightly higher

Screen size-Iphone slightly larger

Qwerty keyboard in landscape mode-Storm yes, Iphone no

Video recording-Iphone no, storm yes

camera-Iphone 2 megapixel, no flash.....Storm 3.2 with flash and autofocus

Multi-touch-both phones

GPS-both phones

GPS with turn by turn directions-Storm yes, Iphone no

APP Store-Iphone yes, Storm coming soon

Better media player-iphone

Better touch screen for typing-Storm

Better overall-definitely Storm

If anyone doesn't agree, explain why, given all of the actual features, and pros and cons, how can the Iphone be better or even as good?
    10-20-08 10:04 AM
    Personally I think the Storm is better. But I am afraid with it being VZW they are going to cripple it as they have done with other phones.
    10-20-08 10:07 AM
    Wifi..Iphone yes, Storm no

Memory-Iphone 8 or 16GB cap Storm Only 1 GB internal, but up to 32GB upgradeable and swapable

Copy N Paste-iphone no, storm yes

Stereo Bluetooth-iphone no, storm yes

MMS- Iphone no, storm yes

Screen Resolution-Storm's is slightly higher

Screen size-Iphone slightly larger

Qwerty keyboard in landscape mode-Storm yes, Iphone no

Video recording-Iphone no, storm yes

camera-Iphone 2 megapixel, no flash.....Storm 3.2 with flash and autofocus

Multi-touch-both phones

GPS-both phones

GPS with turn by turn directions-Storm yes, Iphone no

APP Store-Iphone yes, Storm coming soon

Better media player-iphone

Better touch screen for typing-Storm

Better overall-definitely Storm

If anyone doesn't agree, explain why, given all of the actual features, and pros and cons, how can the Iphone be better or even as good?
    How can you say overall the Storm is better if you have never used it, and don't know how somebody might use it. For example, my older sister has an iPhone. She doesn't care about email, uses the music player all the time, and likes to use it to show videos of her children to her friends. For her, would the Storm be better?.........I don't think so.
    10-20-08 10:30 AM
    How can you say overall the Storm is better if you have never used it, and don't know how somebody might use it. For example, my older sister has an iPhone. She doesn't care about email, uses the music player all the time, and likes to use it to show videos of her children to her friends. For her, would the Storm be better?.........I don't think so.
    At least with the Storm she would be able to record videos of her kids without jailbreaking the phone, plus images should be better.
    10-20-08 10:37 AM
    For her, if she only uses the media player, yes the Storm is better, but then again, so is the Ipod Touch for that matter.

You are right, I shouldn't say the Storm is "better", I should have said it has better and more useful features. But for people who would only use the Media player, yes the Iphone would probably be better. People who want to use all of the functionalities, including what I mentioned above, the Storm would seem to be obviously better, based on the feature set alone. I was talking about 1 or 2 specific features, which is the reason that I listed so many. For example, the Iphone would be the best option between the two, if one only cared about wifi. However, for the overall functionality, based on feature set, it's not even close. Storm would win.
    10-20-08 10:37 AM
    I tend to agree with Semi5, I think that it will be determined on user intent. I personally am really looking forward to the Storm. I just do not not want to go over to AT&T because of the crappy service. I think that both will be pretty compariable but I have only played around with the iPhone and I am not important enough to have advanced viewing of the Storm. I will be be staying with Mother Verizon though!
    10-20-08 10:38 AM
    man...i am tired of the "Storm is better", "iphone is better" arguments.

they are both great devices! different people prefer each. choose the one you like and enjoy it!

to say one is better than the other is pointless IMO.
    10-20-08 10:51 AM
    For her, if she only uses the media player, yes the Storm is better, but then again, so is the Ipod Touch for that matter.
    I'm still not sold on the iPhone's media player being better than anything else out there. It has the functions of every other player. Play, pause, FF/RW etc. It has decent organization if you have up to date ID3 tags. It has an EQ. It doesn't (at least not that I could find) have a compressor. It displays album art in a very pretty and creative way. Does that have an impact on the sound when you press "play?"

What's so special?
    10-20-08 11:27 AM
    I'm still not sold on the iPhone's media player being better than anything else out there. It has the functions of every other player. Play, pause, FF/RW etc. It has decent organization if you have up to date ID3 tags. It has an EQ. It doesn't (at least not that I could find) have a compressor. It displays album art in a very pretty and creative way. Does that have an impact on the sound when you press "play?"

What's so special?

Ease of use, organization, coverflow, lyrics.........etc. I would suggest you go to your nearest Apple store and try it out. You will get a better understanding.
    10-20-08 12:33 PM
    Ease of use, organization, coverflow, lyrics.........etc. I would suggest you go to your nearest Apple store and try it out. You will get a better understanding.
    Besides ease of use do you really need all of that?

I just want to listen to my music - :P
    10-20-08 12:34 PM
    My wife has one When she first got it I spent a weekend setting up the ID3 tags and album art. That really is cool. The organization is great... artist/album/song. MOST MP3 players do that though to some extent. It's a very clean interface. If the Storm can sort by artist/album/song... what's the difference?
    10-20-08 12:40 PM
    Just got an Iphone; it is a sweet phone. So when the Storm comes out I will get to do some real side by side comparisons. It is a sweet phone; the Sorm comparisons to it will be interesting. Ok just from asthetics; the Storm does look nicer. Shaddup; I know........................................
    Thats why I changed my screen name.
    Ok I do like that the Storm has more functionality;
    from what I have been reading.
    AKA
    S1
    10-20-08 01:08 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD