Do not put an invisible shield on your storm. On two seperate storms today it made the phone unusable. right after putting it on you could not make anything highlight. Some things you could. The first phone after taking off the shield and hard rebooting it was still acting crazy. The second phone did the same thing but after reboot with the shield off it was fine. I thought the tech support guy at verizon was crazy asking me to take off the 20 dollar protector but he was right.

UPDATE: There is only one protector that has proven to work everytime. It is the blackberry brand sold at verizon. You get 3 for 9 dollars. I left a message with Invisible Shield this morning and relayed the situation and requested that they look into it and come up with a fix since many of us have used the shield with much success in the past. I also asked them to respond on this thread to fill us all in.

UPDATE UPDATE
    I TALKED W/INVISIBLE SHIELD AND THEY KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM. THEY ARE HAVING STAFF CALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE PURCHASED THE SHIELD TO SEE IF THEY ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. THIS PROBLEM IS WIDE SPREAD AND TALKED ABOUT ON MULTIBLE FORUMS. I SUGGESTED WHEN THEY COME UP WITH A FIX THEY SHOULD SEND A REPLACEMENT OUT TO EVERYONE WHO ORDERED ONE WITHOUT MAKING ANYONE JUMP THROUGH HOOPS. I ALSO STRESSED THAT SOME UNITS ARE NOT FIXED EVEN AFTER TAKING THE SHIELD OFF AND WITH THE SHORTAGE OF PHONES THEY NEED TO TAKE SOME FORM OF ACTION NOW.
    Last edited by wmgolden; 11-24-08 at 07:10 PM. Reason: New information
    11-21-08 09:21 PM
    I believe this may have to do with the heat sensitive touchscreen...
    11-21-08 09:26 PM
    You gotta be kidding me. I just ordered one.
    11-21-08 09:27 PM
    Aww man now how am I going to live without protection ony phone? ;(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:28 PM
    just ordered ghost armor after reading great reviews...who knows.
    11-21-08 09:30 PM
    So can you still put shield on the rest of the body, and have something else on the touch screen?

Am I right?
    11-21-08 09:31 PM
    it works with the other touch devices, such as the Iphone which is also heat sensitive.

I always want protection for my phones and my ipod touch!
    11-21-08 09:32 PM
    These protectors are great for sure. But NOT on a storm. Maybe a cheap protector will not dissapate the heat or whateven this problem is.
    I got a screen protector from my vzw store. It all works well
    The screen protector that came with the storm has some bubbles. I bought the screen protectors from VZW today. Anyone try using one of these yet?
    11-21-08 09:33 PM
    do a search on storm screen protectors. over 100 posts in one thread. i did not read one post regarding this issue.
    11-21-08 09:33 PM
    when are they dated? before the storm came out today?
    11-21-08 09:35 PM
    Got a invisible shield, no problems with me. I think I have a super storm.
    11-21-08 09:35 PM
    Maybe some of the spray(liquid) got onto the crack that everyone has been talking about?

That would seem to cause different issues with different phones?
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    As for the screen protector, it already comes with one. So, unless you want back up or what not, go ahead.
    11-21-08 09:37 PM
    My question has anyone protected their storm with Ghost Armor and it still worked? From this I don't exactly want to put the armor on my phone until I know it really works
    11-21-08 09:39 PM
    I've been using the screen protector that comes on the phone stock because my GA won't be here until tomorrow or monday. If anyone got it today let us now how smoothly it's working...or how bumpy lol.
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    how is the one it comes with?
    11-21-08 09:42 PM
    This is not true. I pre-ordered the invisible shield, recieved it on the 12th and installed it within seconds of getting back from the store. All has been well since then. Is there a way to calibrate the touchscreen at all?
    11-21-08 09:46 PM
    I just got back from my Verizon store, checking out the Storm for an hour. Great device by the way, didn't have any issues with it. But back to my point, It had a screen protector on it, probably a verizon one, and this had no effect on it what so ever. Worked flawlessly!
    11-21-08 09:47 PM
    how is the one it comes with?
    Pretty good to be honest, if it wasn't for the air bubbles I'd probably just keep it on. It's just a temp fix for me though I guess, my GA should come in within the next 3 days.
    11-21-08 09:49 PM
    BOOO! I just received an email stating that my IS shipped! Booo! I hope they offer returns.
    11-21-08 09:54 PM
    wow suprising I'm sure they will do something to change it I will need to cancel my order. I'm gonna get a skin I guess and go with the other protector thanks for the info
    11-21-08 09:56 PM
    yep...i am going to use the factory screen protector until my GA arrives. maybe even longer if i am too lazy to install it.

the factory one is pretty nice. it just seems a little thin. but the clarity is great!
    11-21-08 10:15 PM
    sounds good. I'll probably just buy a screen protector from the VZW store, depending on how good the one it comes with is. if its not bubbly, i'll just keep that one...
    11-21-08 10:45 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD