HAS ANYONE APPLIED INVISIBLE SHIELD OR GHOST ARMOUR AND THEN USED THE DOCKING STATION THAT TURNS THE STORM INTO A CLOCK? I WANT TO PURCHASE THE DOCKING STATION BUT NEED TO KNOW IF THE PHONE FITS AFTER APPLYING THE PROTECTION.

IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS, PLEASE GIVE YOUR INPUT!

THANK YOU!
    12-01-08 07:53 AM
    I will let you know. I ordered the dock and is on its way.
    12-01-08 07:58 AM
    Kewl, thanks! Which protection do you have btw...IS or GA?
    12-01-08 08:24 AM
    Phantomskinz fits mine...
    12-01-08 08:26 AM
    i have the full body invisible shield on mine. it fits but it's a little tight on the edges. it takes two hands to get it out of the cradle. it looks like it's the two pieces that go on the back and wrap around the metal that are causing it to be a tight fit. no damage to the cradle or invisible shield so far.
    12-01-08 08:30 AM
    Great! thanks for the input!
    12-01-08 08:33 AM
    seriously...i know i am new too....but in the words of sooks, and everybody else...

....search is your friend....

i think there are at least 15 threads that have your answer

and it fits...sigh.
    12-01-08 09:00 AM
    seriously...i know i am new too....but in the words of sooks, and everybody else...

....search is your friend....

i think there are at least 15 threads that have your answer

and it fits...sigh.
    Actually Zschiffman, there isn't a distinct thread that deals with this situation. The answer MAY be hidden in some thread which I don't have time to look for. I did search and found nothing which is why I posted this thread. Is that ok with you or are you still going to go into convulsions?

Thanks for your input btw! You said it fits but you didn't indicate which protection you have installed on your phone...IS or GA? I ask this because IS is thicker. Thank you!
    Last edited by massme; 12-01-08 at 09:57 AM.
    12-01-08 09:50 AM
    Well I have the Zagg IS full body shield and it does not fit into the dock without some serious pushing and pulling. The main problem is the part that wraps around from the front to the back of the phone at the speaker and mic area. I've removed those two pieces and now it fits with a little push and pull. I may try Phantom Skins since I hear they seem to fit without the hassle. I just want to make it clear that with the IS it did fit but the amount of pressure I had to put on the phone to place and remove it from the dock was a concern for me.
    12-01-08 10:19 AM
    i have the full body invisible shield on mine. it fits but it's a little tight on the edges. it takes two hands to get it out of the cradle. it looks like it's the two pieces that go on the back and wrap around the metal that are causing it to be a tight fit. no damage to the cradle or invisible shield so far.

I have the full GA kit installed on mine and it fits exactly the same way as the Storm described here. A little tightr, and it does take two hands to get it out of the cradle.
    12-01-08 10:34 AM
    Phantomskinz fits mine...
    Phantomskins DOESN'T fit my dock well. I have to push it very hard to get it in and could barely get it out this morning.
    12-07-08 08:49 AM
    Phantomskins DOESN'T fit my dock well. I have to push it very hard to get it in and could barely get it out this morning.
    Mine wasn't tight, but it was a 2 hander, which annoyed me in the mornings, so I took an exacto knife and trimmed a little off of each side of the dock, if you look you'll see a tapered lip, doesn't take much off of each side to make it a one hander again...
    12-07-08 08:58 AM
    Mine wasn't tight, but it was a 2 hander, which annoyed me in the mornings, so I took an exacto knife and trimmed a little off of each side of the dock, if you look you'll see a tapered lip, doesn't take much off of each side to make it a one hander again...
    Thanks for the tip. Obviously I wouldn't be thrilled to cut the dock to make it work, but I guess that's not a big deal...

But so far I'm not pleased with the quality of the Phantomskinz. There is LOTS of hazing and areas where the skin is bunched up. I'm going to give it a couple of days to cure before deciding whether to ask for a refund.
    12-07-08 09:02 AM
    where did you order the docking station?
    12-07-08 04:02 PM
    From VZW for $20. I got a 33% discount and free fed-ex shipiping.
    Normal price was $30
    12-07-08 04:13 PM
    where did you order the docking station?
    I ordered my DS from ebay, user oemcell. I had the IS installed as well and it would not dock easily either. I removed the skin in anticipation for a replacement skin, as I dropped my storm and scuffed the part closest to the ear speaker. The Phone is fine, and the IS is great as far as protection, however it does not cover the very corners. I may have missed something in the packaging, but from what I saw there is no corner protection. Without the skin on, the phone docks perfectly.
    12-07-08 04:15 PM
    HAS ANYONE APPLIED INVISIBLE SHIELD OR GHOST ARMOUR AND THEN USED THE DOCKING STATION THAT TURNS THE STORM INTO A CLOCK? I WANT TO PURCHASE THE DOCKING STATION BUT NEED TO KNOW IF THE PHONE FITS AFTER APPLYING THE PROTECTION.

IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS, PLEASE GIVE YOUR INPUT!

THANK YOU!
    I've got the docking station and an IS. The Storm fits fine however wait 2-3 days for the shield to dry before you use the station. I was going to let my Storm dry in the docking station and the "grippiness" made the shield come off. Fixed it though.
    12-07-08 04:48 PM
    how do you like the look of the full body invisible guard? I ordered it, but I like the matted look of the Storm's back. Does the guard take away from that? I was thinking of just doing the screen and the shinny top and bottom edges on the front. Also, does anyone know if the mirrored screen protector is as good as the invisiguard screen protector?
    12-11-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD