So i purchased the Invisible Sheild product for the 9530 and was all excited to protect my device. Well... I used the spray that came with the product and I now have a ton of moisture UNDER the glass. Will this go away? Is anyone else using this product with their storm???
    12-15-08 07:10 AM
    Did you use the squeegee that came with ...........wait.........UNDER the glass?! How do you know there's moisture under the glass?
    12-15-08 07:22 AM
    Unfortunately, based on my previous experiences with moisture underneath phone screens, I would guess it won't go away.

Many people on here have used Invisible Shield and like it, but I think that a protective screen over the glass is entirely unnecessary for the average user. There are now several videos on Youtube of people trying to scratch the screen with sharp objects and being unable to do it. In fact, I haven't seen a post yet where someone has claimed to have scratched their screen.

I think the installation dangers such as those you have encountered, plus the reduction in clarity and sensitivity (however minimal), negate any benefit of having a protective screen on the Storm.
    12-15-08 07:27 AM
    I have IS on my Blackberry Storm and I know as a fact that I got moisture under the screen because if u squeezee out the buubles, the water is obviously going to go to the sides and bottoms. MyStorm is working just fine. Don't worry too much unless u purposly dump the solution into the gaps lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 07:40 AM
    Well, I was terrified of scratching my screen so right out of the box I took off the protective cover and immediately put a IS on... I hated it... looked like leather... and I was extra careful.. even a little "AR" about making sure it was straight and smooth... ANYWAY, love the feel and the fact that it didn't show fingerprints, but the look... hideous!
    12-15-08 07:48 AM
    Stop stop. Pull the battery and put the phone in a bowl of rice. (uncooked)

12-15-08 07:50 AM
    Stop stop. Pull the battery and put the phone in a bowl of rice. (uncooked)

Agreed or pull the battery and try a hair dryer, but not to close to the screen.
    12-15-08 07:56 AM
    leave the batter out and leave the phone on a soft surface in a dry area face down. let it dry out and then put the battery back in. I woudln't worry about it too much.
    12-15-08 08:02 AM
    So why didn't you leave the plastic screen cover that came with it originally? I'm going to use that as much as I can before I replace it with something else.
    12-15-08 08:18 AM
    Ok. I will take the battery out and see if it goes away. Unfortunatly I took the IS off when i saw that happen. Can you reuse IS or do i need to go buy a new one.?? Also, does the screen react the same with IS on as far as sensativity??
    12-15-08 08:40 AM
    yeah i have IS installed i was just very careful with the screen protector used barely any liquid and a lot of blotting and put little pieces of tissue in the gaps and the sensitivity is fine
    12-15-08 08:44 AM
    Stop stop. Pull the battery and put the phone in a bowl of rice. (uncooked) Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I completely agree here. I read an article the other day, and it said that around 6 million cell phones get water damage a day (In the U.S.). They suggested you take a bag of dry rice, white or brown. And burry ur phone in it, while turned off and battery pulled. They said to leave it in there for 12-24 hrs. It would sucks not having ur phone for that long. But well worth it.

12-15-08 11:21 AM
    I completely agree here. I read an article the other day, and it said that around 6 million cell phones get water damage a day (In the U.S.). They suggested you take a bag of dry rice, white or brown. And burry ur phone in it, while turned off and battery pulled. They said to leave it in there for 12-24 hrs. It would sucks not having ur phone for that long. But well worth it.

6 MILLION a Day??

6,000,000 x 356 = 2,190,000,000 per YEAR
    12-15-08 01:37 PM
    Never... I repeat... NEVER put invisible shield or ANY brand for that matter... protector on the screen. Always get a static protector.
    12-15-08 01:43 PM
    I hope more and more people realize that when installing one of these Screen Protectors which need a liquid solution, that they should pull the battery out. I thought it was a given, but I guess others don't see it.

Also if you use it sparingly you wont have much leakage.
    12-15-08 01:49 PM
    Static protectors are far better and way easier to install!! Get the static kind for the screen. My "best skins ever" worked great all around my phone, cant complain. But id never put it on the screen.
    12-15-08 01:52 PM
    Same thing happened with my best friends storm. He had the invisible shiled rep install his and he tried to hide the fact that there was liquid left over under his new storms screen. The rep said it was "normal" and would subside after a bit and he believed him. Now 2 weeks later and he still has the moisture there. I won't go with IS. I have been using PSP screen covers and have trimmed them down to size

12-15-08 01:55 PM
    Yeah... this is too late to help the OP (sorry to hear about the problem - hope the bowl of rice trick works), but if you're going to apply a protector that requires liquid solution, have one hand holding an absorbent cloth along the edge of your phone while you use the other to squeegee the solution toward that edge. And obviously use the solution sparingly.

I personally went with PhantomSkinz because the VZW static cling protectors showed fingerprints and smudges way too easily, as tends to be the case with many of the static-application protectors out there. If you want a static protector that does not show too much in the way of fingerprints, I recommend the Boxwave Anti-Glare protector.
    12-15-08 05:50 PM
    The screens that verizon sell are the best screen protector I have ever used on a smart phone.
    12-15-08 06:00 PM
    Never... I repeat... NEVER put invisible shield or ANY brand for that matter... protector on the screen. Always get a static protector.
    Just curious.....why would you say that. I was thinking of putting something on to protect my phone but not sure what yet. Is there a reason you would say not to?
    12-16-08 07:49 PM
    Why? I put mine on no problem. If done correctly it isn't an issue.
    12-16-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD