I'm using the official .148 (or maybe leaked, can't remember), downgraded from one of the hybrids(think it was lyricidal with .148/.151 transitions) because I was having problems with a few things, downgrading to .148 fixed some stuff, but one problem that has been prevalent is that my internet goes out every once in a while.

Let me explain..it's not with bad service, it's more like over a period of time, and by "out" I mean, to get it back working, I need to go into manage connections, and disable then re-enable my wireless connection, if i go into services status it says "Blackberry Internet Service: not connected", but calls/texts are working fine, because it says it is connected to VZW.

So, I've come to expect the phone to become disconnected from the internet about once or twice a day, usually when i wake up in the morning and sometime at night, is there a way to fix this? I am in a lower service area (I get 1xev, but only 1, 2, or 3 bars at most), and after the internet gets disconnected, like I said, it never comes back until i disable/reenable wireless.

Anyone else getting this? It's been over a month so I can't get a "new" storm anymore, but I'd like a way to fix this
    06-29-09 10:45 AM
    try:

options > advanced options > host routing table > bbmenu > register now > wait a minute or two
    06-29-09 11:44 AM
    Try this...

Originally posted by JRSCCivic98 regarding 1EVX vs 1evx:

The solutions to this are to make sure you're on the latest OS update for your phone, but most importantly that you're on the

latest PRL for the network you're on. For Verizon, dial *22899 and wait for the provision update to complete. If you dial

#HELP* Send before and after and look at the PRL version you'll be able to see if the version number changed. The PRL is what

drives the phone radio's ability to connect to the cell towers for service and it's something that changes almost on a monthly

basis. Keep it up to date.
    06-29-09 11:56 AM
    Remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    06-29-09 02:32 PM
    Try this...

Originally posted by JRSCCivic98 regarding 1EVX vs 1evx:

The solutions to this are to make sure you're on the latest OS update for your phone, but most importantly that you're on the

latest PRL for the network you're on. For Verizon, dial *22899 and wait for the provision update to complete. If you dial

#HELP* Send before and after and look at the PRL version you'll be able to see if the version number changed. The PRL is what

drives the phone radio's ability to connect to the cell towers for service and it's something that changes almost on a monthly

basis. Keep it up to date.
    The PRL will do nothing to improve your home service. It only increases your ability to connect when you are roaming on Verizon's extended network.
    06-29-09 02:51 PM
    The PRL will do nothing to improve your home service. It only increases your ability to connect when you are roaming on Verizon's extended network.
    Except for the simple fact that since Verizon has been making changes to a lot of tower layout due to the Alltel merger, the PRL most definitely makes a big difference, even in local home tower attachment.
    06-29-09 03:08 PM
    Having the same issue here Penguin. Went through all of the suggestions in this thread as well as talking to VZW tech support which essentially had me do the same things. Still having the issue after that though.

Took it in to the corporate store and it took the guy all of 30 seconds to line me up for a replacement.
    06-29-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD