Hi. I'm running 109 on my Telus Storm and I've always had this problem, I can't download anything at times as my browser goes from "Internet Browser" to "Telus WAP Browser" which I believe has blocked any downloads.

I'm trying to download weathereye touch but I can't and it's very frustrating!

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post it in, I'm new to Crackberry...
    03-19-09 02:33 PM
    Never had that problem on mine. did you try a batt pull? Maybe just needs to restart.

I'm running the .113/.114 hybrid and it is amazing.
    03-19-09 04:34 PM
    Is this happening randomly? You are right about the WAP browser, you won't be able to download.

What you may want to do is go to Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test> Run

This will put the device through its paces, and register with the network, send service books, etc. One stop shop.

If that doesn't clear it, let me know, with a few more details and I'll see if that enlightens us to any solution.
    03-19-09 04:38 PM
    Is this happening randomly? You are right about the WAP browser, you won't be able to download.

What you may want to do is go to Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test> Run

This will put the device through its paces, and register with the network, send service books, etc. One stop shop.

If that doesn't clear it, let me know, with a few more details and I'll see if that enlightens us to any solution.
    I tried this and it still won't let me switch from WAP. It also won't let me download anything else in the way of internet browsers (opera mini) either. Most frustrating!

When I upgraded to 109 I deleted the vendor file, I thought that this might fix the problem but it didn't, sadly.

What else could I say that might help? Sorry to sound like such a noob!
    03-20-09 01:48 PM
    Mine just started doing this recently. Are you getting a "403 Forbidden" Error for everything (app downloads as well as authenticated login for at least one site I tried)? I started another thread about it earlier today both here and on the official blackberry support forums. No solution yet. Also running .109.
    03-20-09 04:47 PM
    Hmm. I know I'm not answering your question, but my browser (built in and opera mini) has always been flawless... All things concidered. I've run all beta os's since .75, and even tried Bells .76 for a few days it sucks, but maybe its just your storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 06:42 PM
    Im running .109 on my telus storm and I HAVE to say, my browser is ****. Its sooo slow and laggy, takes forever for one page to load. It drives me crazy. Then when I exit browser out of frustration my whole phone lags real bad for like a minute or two.
    03-20-09 06:56 PM
    Mine just started doing this recently. Are you getting a "403 Forbidden" Error for everything (app downloads as well as authenticated login for at least one site I tried)? I started another thread about it earlier today both here and on the official blackberry support forums. No solution yet. Also running .109.
    Yes, this is exactly what I'm getting. Most annoying eh?

Im running .109 on my telus storm and I HAVE to say, my browser is ****. Its sooo slow and laggy, takes forever for one page to load. It drives me crazy. Then when I exit browser out of frustration my whole phone lags real bad for like a minute or two.
    Sometimes when I try to exit my browser it takes forever and I get the hourglass thing. Sadly I'm getting used to it... I did notice however that this is happening a lot LESS now that I'm on 109, compared to the official release OS....
    03-20-09 07:44 PM
    Hmm. I know I'm not answering your question, but my browser (built in and opera mini) has always been flawless... All things concidered. I've run all beta os's since .75, and even tried Bells .76 for a few days it sucks
    First point, concidered is actually spelled considered...not a big deal, just hate spelling errors when people are trying to give advice.

Second thing is that .75 and .76 aren't compatible to my knowledge. .75 is the current official operating software for the storm 9500. .76 is current official operating software for the storm 9530. The two should not be capable of running on the same phone. I'm not an expert, but that's my understanding.

You also mention that the highest beta you've tried is .76. That's quite old, and is now the official storm software for all 9530's as far as I know...try upgrading to the .109 or .114 hybrids and you should find a big difference.
    03-21-09 04:46 AM
    Ok

I'm sorry for bad info some people are actually giving you OP.

The official Os for Bell and Telus is .76. The official Os for Verizon is .75.

IMO the best leak is .109 but your problem is not related to the software of the phone but to a specific setting.

At first I would try make sure your Browser settings are correct.
    Open your Browser, press the menu key and select option.

On the option pages select Internet Browser for Browser and put Blackberry for the Browser Identification.

If that doesn't work for you resend your service books it might help.

If you need more help just reply we will try to find the solution.
    03-21-09 06:46 AM
    Running .109 on my telus storm and never had this problem. Only issue I had was when I changed the operating system at first it was giving me the error because it just hadn't registered the BB browser yet and all I had was the WAP browser.. After a Battery pull and resending my service books, problem was resolved
    03-21-09 08:21 AM
    Ok

I'm sorry for bad info some people are actually giving you OP.

The official Os for Bell and Telus is .76. The official Os for Verizon is .75.

IMO the best leak is .109 but your problem is not related to the software of the phone but to a specific setting.

At first I would try make sure your Browser settings are correct.
    Open your Browser, press the menu key and select option.

On the option pages select Internet Browser for Browser and put Blackberry for the Browser Identification.

If that doesn't work for you resend your service books it might help.

If you need more help just reply we will try to find the solution.
    I've done all of that and it still doesn't help! I've gone through and selected Internet Browser in BOTH Browser Configuration and General Properties and I've set my Browser Identification to Blackberry.

I'd like to think that I'm not a stupid guy but this is making me feel rather in-adequate with all of this. I've never run into a problem that I haven't been able to fix myself in a LONG time lol!
    03-23-09 11:46 AM
    can you change the way your browser emulates? Try changing it to emulate Firefox or IE if you have it.Options-Browser-Browser Options
    03-23-09 12:13 PM
    I only have the standard Blackberry Internet Browser (And the Telus WAP one too) on my Storm...
    03-24-09 05:22 PM
    Just fixed this problem with battery pull.
    03-24-09 05:49 PM
    am using a bb storm width telus wedb browser and i cant access the internet
    07-19-13 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD