I was/am frustrated with the Storm and keep wanting to abandon VZW and BB and head on over to the iphone but something keeps me put.

I was in the electronics dept. at Walmart last week which is located in the back of the store. They now sell iphones and I asked the clerk for a demo. He pulled out a unit they have for that purpose and fired it up. After a minute the phone was saying "No Service" I asked why and he said it was due to lack of signal. I asked if this phone was a dummy or real and he said real.

At this time I pulled my Storm out of my coat. Guess who has "More bars in more places" and it isn't AT&T?

So i suffer on with sluggish performance and battery pulls just so my phone can be a phone and receive calls and emails in the back of Walmart......oh well!
    02-03-09 08:39 AM
    I live in NC and travel the SE and East. I have always found VZW's coverage to be superior to ATT and Sprint......I have had both of them.
    02-03-09 08:44 AM
    I was/am frustrated with the Storm and keep wanting to abandon VZW and BB and head on over to the iphone but something keeps me put.

I was in the electronics dept. at Walmart last week which is located in the back of the store. They now sell iphones and I asked the clerk for a demo. He pulled out a unit they have for that purpose and fired it up. After a minute the phone was saying "No Service" I asked why and he said it was due to lack of signal. I asked if this phone was a dummy or real and he said real.

At this time I pulled my Storm out of my coat. Guess who has "More bars in more places" and it isn't AT&T?

So i suffer on with sluggish performance and battery pulls just so my phone can be a phone and receive calls and emails in the back of Walmart......oh well!
    What OS are you running? I have installed the newest leaked OS .99 and my storm is working amazing now... Haven't had a problem since... Plus battery life has been increased significantly... And it runs a lot faster then it did with the .75 build.
    02-03-09 08:49 AM
    I was on .75 unofficial, then went to .86 and was underwhelmed. Downgraded to official .75 waiting for something better to come along. Waiting a few days to see how .99 fairs.
    02-03-09 08:55 AM
    Upgrade to .99 - you'll be happier. The iPhone is a nice device but AT&T's service just isn't up to snuff. Stay w/ Verizon. The Storm will be perfect soon.
    02-03-09 08:56 AM
    More bars in more places refers to world wide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:58 AM
    Upgrade to .99 - you'll be happier. The iPhone is a nice device but AT&T's service just isn't up to snuff. Stay w/ Verizon. The Storm will be perfect soon.
    I was thinking about doing this ... but since I am new to the whole BB thing and Leaks, etc. I am nervous about upgrading the OS from a Leak.

Is it really that much better? Am I just being paranoid?
    02-03-09 08:58 AM
    Understandable. You can always downgrade to an older OS if you aren't happy. The beta's are for Verizon so you dont' have to wipe or delete anything to install. Just download to your PC, run DM, plug in your phone, and follow the prompts. Your device will be sluggish for abour 5 minutes after the install but Ithink you'll be pretty happy afterwards.
    02-03-09 09:12 AM
    Understandable. You can always downgrade to an older OS if you aren't happy. The beta's are for Verizon so you dont' have to wipe or delete anything to install. Just download to your PC, run DM, plug in your phone, and follow the prompts. Your device will be sluggish for abour 5 minutes after the install but Ithink you'll be pretty happy afterwards.
    Thanks! I am going to think about it. The only issue I have right now is switching from portrait to landscape it can get a little sluggish.

Other than that I am giddy with this lil thing.

02-03-09 09:15 AM
    .99 Buddy, well worth it.
    02-03-09 09:16 AM
    More bars in more places refers to world wide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

LOL, but when you are in Walmart you are some where else in the world! LOL
    02-03-09 09:17 AM
    I've been considering putting .99 on my Storm, but I know within the next few weeks I'm going to take it in for a replacement, serious screen click issues...

I've tried everything... Screw adjustments, paper trick, etc...

Weird part is, it's very inconsistent... One email/txt message, it'll be fine, half hour later, it sucks... Very odd!!
    02-03-09 09:21 AM
    Hey Bingo, I too was running .75 official and waiting for the next official update. I decided to go for it and update to .99. I am really happy with it. Do the update, you'll be happy with it too.
    02-03-09 09:26 AM
    You can always upgrade to .99 and when you go to return it go back to the "official" os through the VZ Blackberry page.

That's what I did before I returned mine for an intermittent click problem.
    02-03-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD