Here is one that sounded a bit odd.

I stopped in the VZW store today once again and asked about buying the phone outright for full retail. I added that if I do this I would like to add the insurance plan onto the phone. Everyone in the store stated that you can only add insurance on the phone within the first 15 days of activating the account or ne2 upgrade pricing.

This is not the way I understood it so I decided to call verizon. The way he described it on the phone is that the agreement states nothing about when you sign up the account but that it states that the insurance must be purchased within 15 days of you purchasing a device from them and the device has to come from them.

This may be beating a topic down but the threads that I found about insurance on here seemed to have went off topic at some points this may help. If someone can verify this for sure it would be great. I have a hard time believing the people I talk to on the other line haha
    11-13-08 05:29 PM
    My understanding of it has always been that the insurance is associated with a particular line, not a device, and that you have to buy it within 15 days of signing the contract for that line. When I bought my Dare back in July, I purchased it using the upgrade on a secondary line because my line was not yet qualified for an upgrade; I was told that if I bought insurance, it would only cover whatever device was currently associated with that secondary line, even if I switched the numbers so that my line was the one using the new Dare. So what you were told in-store is correct, as far as my understanding of it goes (FWIW, it was described to me this way by a CSR on the phone).
    11-13-08 06:19 PM
    Don't know much about that but I would recommend checking with whoever you use for auto insurance. My insurer offers a personal articles policy for $30/year, no deductible, and they cut you a check for the full retail value if it gets damaged, lost or stolen. Mucho better than Verizon's rate.
    11-13-08 06:32 PM
    Not sure about verizon but with alltel you can add insurance in a store or through cc within 15 days of equipment purchase. So as long as you are purchasing a new phone it doesn't matter how far into your contract you are. Even after the 15 days you can add insurance through alltel you just have to call asurian and have them add it. The only downside to waiting to add insurance after 15 days is that if you call asurian they make you wait 45 days before you make a claim.
    11-13-08 06:45 PM
    I've had insurance added to my lane half way through my contract. In fact, with an old phone thats been on my line since I purchased my contract. So I know it can be done, reps just dont want to because they are not supposed to.

When I called to make some changes to my account I was like "wow, why dont I have insurance on my phone, its supposed to be on every line." and she was "would you like me to add that for you?"

It pretty much went like that, and I was able to add asurion to my existing contract with a phone well over 3 months old.
    11-13-08 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD