So we replaced our BES today and now I had to wipe my device to get it to sync. I backed up beforehand but could not get my address book and many settings to restore after it synced with the new BES.

I can see that there is 738 entries in the address book but they are grayed out and it says that grayed out items are read only and not avialable for syncing.

Any advice????
    Last edited by rpmgsxr; 06-25-09 at 12:57 AM.
    06-25-09 12:40 AM
    I don't have info on the BES as I use the BIS...
    My best guess is to see if they can restore the contacts to the BES and sync from there
    Wish I could really help though. Just my best thought

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 01:13 AM
    I don't have info on the BES as I use the BIS...
    My best guess is to see if they can restore the contacts to the BES and sync from there
    Wish I could really help though. Just my best thought

Thanks. Wish I knew how I am at the server now, but don't know how to load the backup file from DM to BES.
    06-25-09 01:15 AM
    If your the server admin I'd probably contact rim and ask them... I didn't realize you were the admin...

06-25-09 01:20 AM
    Oddly enough I am.... kinda. We share the duties here.
    I just cancelled the BES Sync when it started itself (it does that when you connect to DM if you are on the same network as the BES) and it appears that now I can do a full restore. My fingers are crossed. It's loading now. Wish me luck.
    06-25-09 01:23 AM
    I edited the thread title and this responce will bump you back to the top. Hopefully we can get you an answer, BUT....

remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    06-25-09 02:13 PM
    Once you enterprise activate with a BES... those "databases" on the hand held are "in use" with the wireless sync and the BES.

Because of that, you can't restore after you've enterprise activated.
    06-25-09 02:29 PM
    You should have restored your all your information before activating with BES. What you need to do now in order to restore, at least your contacts and calendar, is to go to (on your BB) "Contacts" -> "Options", then select "Desktop" from the available contact lists. Under "Wireless Synchronization" select "No" and then save. Now you should be able to restore your contacts. After you restore be sure to change the wireless synchronization setting back to "yes". Follow the same procedure for your calendar. Hope this helps.
    06-25-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD