I travel between two locations on a regular basic. These two locations are different area codes and "long distance" when calling one location from the other. So, when I select a number from my contacts, how do I manually enter a prefix number before dialing (on a per call basis)?

For example, when in location A, I call location B. I need to insert a 1 before calling location B from A. How do I do this without having to edit the number in Contacts (as, when I'm in location B and I want to call this number, I don't need the 1 prefix)?

Thanks,
    Kristin.
    01-16-09 11:14 AM
    always have a 1 in it. I am with telus and all of my numbers have a one in front so it always works.
    01-16-09 11:21 AM
    It's always good to just throw a 1 in front of every number, won't prevent a call from going through

But if you don't want to go through every contact:

1) pick the contact you want to call

2) call and hang up

3) back out of your contacts screen to your home screen\

4) hit green button twice....now you can scroll through the last number dialed which will be the touch and go you did a second ago, and add or delete a "1"

This is just the redial function broken down a bit, hope it helps This is also a good way to get *67 in front of a number
    Last edited by BBartist; 01-16-09 at 11:30 AM.
    01-16-09 11:23 AM
    Really, and this doesn't affect the call when the number is local and doesn't need the 1? I'll give it a shot.
    Seems odd there's no way to do it though — my old phone from 10 years ago did it...then again, that phone didn't play video, so win some, loose some. <G>
    Thanks!
    k.

ps - *67?
    01-16-09 11:37 AM
    I always put 10 digit numbers (area code and number) in my contacts. I have never had to dial a one from a cell phone.
    01-16-09 12:43 PM
    Is the requirement to use the 1 prefix for long distance a Telus requirement? I have never had to do more than ten digits, area code + number for any number I have called using Verizon.
    01-16-09 01:48 PM
    I never needed to use the 1 in the front from a cell phone. My sis lives in CA, and I live in NJ. When I call her it goes right through and I dont save any numbers with the 1 in front, or put the 1 before I call.
    01-16-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD