Stop reposting this in every thread you whiny, silly, little man.
    You left out narcissistic.

I'm sure there are plenty of people in this world who would love for their biggest problem to be the battery life on their cell phone. Unfortunately they're too busy worrying about where they're going to sleep this night or where their next meal is coming from. Damn them for trying to horn in on mrpete32's problems with battery life! Just who do they think they are? Can't they see he's having battery problems with his new status symbol? The nerve of some people.
    12-10-08 09:38 PM
    how do we make sure we closed out of every program? i know when i hold the menu button down, i close out th eones i can there but still left w/ some i can't close completely?
    12-10-08 10:26 PM
    Mine lasts about 2-2.5 hrs of use per day. F'in PATHETIC!!!!! I love the phone but the battery life is gonna make me return it!! It's a useless phone for me when I'm away from a charger for 8 hrs at a time, and I can't hardly use it for fear of it dying when I'm nowhere near a charger!
    12-10-08 10:30 PM
    Want to fix your battery life?

TURN OFF LOCATION AIDING in GPS Settings. This has made my battery amazing!
    What exactly is "location aiding"? will that shut off my GPS when I use BB Maps?
    12-10-08 10:31 PM
    I don't know if I have a bad battery or not, but I get terrible length out of the battery. I charge it every night and when I get up at 6 in the morning it has a full charge and I unplug it. I am currently in school so I don't use it constantly, but I text often. EVDO service ranges in the school building.
    I have the brightness as low as it goes, the backlight set to 10 seconds, and GPS is E911 only.
    When I get home every day (6-6:30) My storm is always dead or just about dead.
    12-10-08 10:40 PM
    What exactly is "location aiding"? will that shut off my GPS when I use BB Maps?
    Turn off location aiding

Turn off location aiding
    By default, location aiding is turned on to improve the performance of GPS technology. When location aiding is turned on, your BlackBerry� device connects to a central server periodically, which can increase your data service charges. To avoid these charges, you can turn off location aiding, but it might take longer for your device to get your GPS location. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.

Considering I dont use the GPS, I turned this off just now.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-10-08 at 10:46 PM.
    12-10-08 10:43 PM
    My battery died while in sleep in one night.

Yeah, I am hoping that a battery pull fixed it, but if not, I will get a new battery. I am hoping it's the battery
    12-11-08 10:32 AM
    Checklist for increasing battery life:

1)Turn Auto Dim on

2)Close internet browser when not using and any other program that can run in the background. (Not only will this increase your batter life but also increase the speed in which your phone works AKA less delay)

3)Turn backlight timer from Default 30 sec to lowest 10 sec.

4)Decrease brightness from Default 100% to 50%

5)Remember to lock phone when not using. Provides less battery usage allowing longer battery life.

-LilMoey-
    05-10-09 04:48 PM
    Does anyone know of any other stronger longer lasting batteries that are compatible with the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 04:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD