Hey RIM, I hope you're listening, if not, please do so.

When an incoming call comes in, please for the love of God force the screen orientation to be in Portrait ONLY. Why do you lock out the Phone App to be used in Portrait only, but leave the incoming call screen to be in landscape sometimes (depending on orientation prior to the call). That's just silly and here's why.

Say a call comes in and the screen in in landscape. Well, you go and instead of hitting End to send the call to voicemail, you decide to hit End on the screen, only the screen desides to change orientation because you moved the phone a bit and not the End in landscape has just turned into Send in portrait and you just answered the call. Yeah... STUPID! Change it please, there's no reason for it to be like this.
    03-01-09 04:15 PM
    I have answered many a call I meant to ignore this way. Which is fine unless it's my boss calling with a favor I don't want to do.
    03-01-09 04:23 PM
    Yea, even with the newest software, it takes a bit long for the software to register
    03-01-09 04:25 PM
    Hey RIM, I hope you're listening, if not, please do so.

When an incoming call comes in, please for the love of God force the screen orientation to be in Portrait ONLY. Why do you lock out the Phone App to be used in Portrait only, but leave the incoming call screen to be in landscape sometimes (depending on orientation prior to the call). That's just silly and here's why.

Say a call comes in and the screen in in landscape. Well, you go and instead of hitting End to send the call to voicemail, you decide to hit End on the screen, only the screen desides to change orientation because you moved the phone a bit and not the End in landscape has just turned into Send in portrait and you just answered the call. Yeah... STUPID! Change it please, there's no reason for it to be like this.
    I remember someone having this exact same complaint awhile ago. Heck, maybe it was you.

No, but I totally agree with you. It really boggles my mind why they would code it so haphazardly like that. You'd expect better from the "experts" at RIM right!?
    03-01-09 04:27 PM
    It really boggles my mind why they would code it so haphazardly like that. You'd expect better from the "experts" at RIM right!?
    It's called blinders... Either that or Canadians are weird like that. I don't understand why they do half the stupid stuff they already do on the device. Some of it is not very intuitively thought out. I really wish they would LISTEN to us a little more then they pretend to do now.
    03-01-09 04:31 PM
    Has anyone noticed the delay there is between pressing send on the screen and the time it takes for the phone to answer?
    03-01-09 05:11 PM
    I have long since gave up on the on-screen buttons for calls.

It was like playing an angry game of simon.

I just ignore the screen and use the hard buttons.
    03-01-09 05:29 PM
    I just use the hard buttons but I have missed many MANY important calls because the phone has trouble going from landscape to portrait in the incoming call window...FIX THIS, if I start loosing money because my phone won't operate the way it is supposed to do I might need to think about something else
    03-01-09 05:37 PM
    I have long since gave up on the on-screen buttons for calls.

It was like playing an angry game of simon.

I just ignore the screen and use the hard buttons.

Same here much better... I don't know why people bother with the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 05:38 PM
    i'll be damnned if i have to use physical keys on my touch screen device! jk, i use the one on my headset usually. maybe we just need a 3rd party phone answering app to override the glitches!
    03-01-09 05:53 PM
    If you get used to reversing the direction you turn the storm to landscape (ie: buttons to the left instead of to the right) then the on-screen end button in landscape becomes the upper right corner if accidently rotated to portrait.
    03-01-09 05:53 PM
    Preach!

I was thinking the same thing today.
    03-01-09 06:30 PM
    Please RIM listen! This is so true. Worst part about the phone.
    03-01-09 07:46 PM
    Since they made the OEM docking station hold the phone in landscape mode RIM probably figured it would look better in the dock when you get a phone call to answer in landscape mode.
    03-01-09 07:51 PM
    Agreed! It's really aggravating to have ALL the call menus etc locked but that one!
    03-01-09 07:57 PM
    If you get used to reversing the direction you turn the storm to landscape (ie: buttons to the left instead of to the right) then the on-screen end button in landscape becomes the upper right corner if accidently rotated to portrait.
    I'm going to be nice and just leave this one alone......

Since they made the OEM docking station hold the phone in landscape mode RIM probably figured it would look better in the dock when you get a phone call to answer in landscape mode.
    Too bad because once you're on the call, it goes to portrait only anyways. They should have thought of this issue ahead of time... ahead of producing all these accessories.
    03-01-09 07:59 PM
    I remember someone having this exact same complaint awhile ago. Heck, maybe it was you.

No, but I totally agree with you. It really boggles my mind why they would code it so haphazardly like that. You'd expect better from the "experts" at RIM right!?
    I was the one with the complaints before, lol I don't have the problem where I hit end to send it to voicemail, what happens to me is I press talk thinking it answers then put the phone to my ear only to have the ringer start back up...RIGHT IN MY FRIGGIN EAR DRUM then have to press talk again to answer it. Pain in the ***. Let's go, I can look past a lot of the crap that got put out with os .75 (the os we are supposedly still all on) but to not be able to answer my phone, the main function of this glorious device, that's pretty bad!
    03-01-09 08:22 PM
    ^^^ That's not a problem I have with 109 and certainly not what this thread is about. Obviously, if I had that problem I wouldn't mind it when it shifts orientation between one and the other causing me to push Send rather then End.
    03-01-09 08:40 PM
    Too bad because once you're on the call, it goes to portrait only anyways. They should have thought of this issue ahead of time... ahead of producing all these accessories.
    I agree with you, but I just wanted to give reason to why (I think) it even has a landscape mode for answering calls.
    03-01-09 09:27 PM
    I fully agree, but then I'm also one who wishes the orientation could be manually locked if desired. I also think there should be an easier way to bring up the number pad if you place a call. I make a lot of calls that require me to input menu options once connected and I'm always fumbling around trying to get the key pad while the automated voice is repeatedly asking me to input my selection...lol! "Are you still there? Please press one for..."
    03-01-09 10:14 PM
    To get the keypad back up while in a call, swipe your finger from the bottom up.
    03-03-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD