Literally 2nd day. I was in the process of removing the case to do a good cleaning of my storm before having the feather on for a while. While pulling the edge of the case over the edge of my storm, the lower left corner cracked(below the green call button). I'm bummed. The case looked and felt really cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 11:10 PM
    Time to ask for a new one!
    Luck you!
    04-23-09 11:52 PM
    This also happened to me at the bottom corners. They are not huge cracks, but this is definitely where the stress is concentrated when you put the case on and off. Luckily Incipio is a great company with good customer service. I emailed their support and they sent me a new case in 4 days. Just be sure to include pictures of the cracks with your email.

ice9mike
    04-24-09 02:45 AM
    Look at the Case-Mate Barely There. I have tried both and the CM is a bit sturdier without any real noticeable bulk.
    04-24-09 07:35 AM
    Look at the Case-Mate Barely There. I have tried both and the CM is a bit sturdier without any real noticeable bulk.
    Which one is thicker? Can they both be used in the standard cradle? Are both rubberized? I'm up in the air between these two, any help in comparison is very welcomed!

04-24-09 08:04 AM
    Sorry to hear about that, just got my feather, in black yesterday, I do really like the feel of it... hope I don't have your problem... But with the fairly constant need to pull the battery, this case will have to come off now and then... so it should (and better) hold up to that stress
    04-24-09 10:04 AM
    Same here - day 2, removing the case to change the battery. Not impressed.
    04-25-09 07:37 AM
    I am now on my 2nd Incipio feather case (Blue) and this one has cracked too in the same place as before. I have had it 3 days and I do take it off to put it in the cradle at night. The crack is located that the bottom inside corners where the stresses are obviously concentrated as the case is put on or removed.

My question to others who have had the same cracking issue? What color is your case. I am curious if there is a color that is more prone to cracking.
    04-27-09 11:32 AM
    Yeah, what color and when did you order? Maybe we can narrow it down. Or perhaps we need to figure out removal methods. I remove mine when I need to by holding the phone upside down over a soft surface. I put my thumbs in the center of the back of the case, grab the edges, and pull back until the phone pops out. I have not had a problem with this method. My case is purple.
    04-27-09 11:35 AM
    I have a blue one ordered April 13th, and the 2nd was sent on the 18th.
    04-27-09 11:42 AM
    Literally 2nd day. I was in the process of removing the case to do a good cleaning of my storm before having the feather on for a while. While pulling the edge of the case over the edge of my storm, the lower left corner cracked(below the green call button). I'm bummed. The case looked and felt really cool.

Hi masterpiecefinishes -

I am very sorry to hear your case broke after only having it for 2 days. This is the first I have heard of this happening. I will definitely pass this concern on to our art/production department.
    Please contact our customer service department, they will be more than happy to replace the case for you!
    04-27-09 12:06 PM
    I just ordered a RED one over the weekend with a 10% discount. I hope that I didn't waste $17.99

George
    04-27-09 12:24 PM
    I am now on my 2nd Incipio feather case (Blue) and this one has cracked too in the same place as before. I have had it 3 days and I do take it off to put it in the cradle at night. The crack is located that the bottom inside corners where the stresses are obviously concentrated as the case is put on or removed.

My question to others who have had the same cracking issue? What color is your case. I am curious if there is a color that is more prone to cracking.
    My blue one cracked too after one week. They are sending me a new one, but not the feather. I'm getting the SILICRYLIC one in grey @ n/c. I'll See how that works out.
    04-27-09 02:07 PM
    So that is 2 for blue.

masterpiecefinishes and RhythMick what color were your cases? Maybe we can help Incipio diagnose this issue.
    04-27-09 02:16 PM
    are you guys talking about the ultra lite feather if so that sucks just ordered me a blue and my gf a pink?
    04-27-09 02:43 PM
    That's the one, but I have one in purple and it's great. Haven't had issues.
    04-27-09 02:54 PM
    i'm happy w/ the beeffy incipio case, ..
    04-27-09 03:10 PM
    That's the one, but I have one in purple and it's great. Haven't had issues.
    i was just reading your post you put up when it first came out all is still good?the case looks great is it a slick surface?
    04-27-09 03:13 PM
    my blue case has developed a small too, right at the bottom corner where you grip to pull it off. i like the case a lot, but looks like you have to be very gentle when removing it or putting it on.

the fit is very tight and the case is pretty rigid so i guess that's where the stress points can cause the case to crack. hopefully it's something they can improve on...

contacted incipio for a replacement. can't wait to get it!

04-27-09 03:15 PM
    seems all that are cracking are blue and of course i ordered blue
    04-27-09 03:23 PM
    i was just reading your post you put up when it first came out all is still good?the case looks great is it a slick surface?
    Yep, it's still as good as the day it arrived. It has a rubberized feel, but not as rubbery as the silicone skins you can get.
    04-27-09 03:28 PM
    Hi masterpiecefinishes -

I am very sorry to hear your case broke after only having it for 2 days. This is the first I have heard of this happening. I will definitely pass this concern on to our art/production department.
    Please contact our customer service department, they will be more than happy to replace the case for you!
    The same happened to me too. I ordered a black one, and about a week later it cracked. I had to remove the case not more than 5 times. I am getting a replacement from your company, but if it keeps happening, what would be a solution? Thank you for your input
    04-27-09 03:42 PM
    BzB, thanks for the picture. That is the same spot as mine.

So the score is: 3 blue, 1 black
    04-27-09 04:27 PM
    i have the purple feather & mine cracked also .. i think i might just suck it up and keep it
    04-27-09 04:33 PM
    with that 20% discount, why not get like 5 cases... haha, but seriously i did order 3...
    04-27-09 04:53 PM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD