Anyone know if you can have a standard ringer (for business calls, friends, etc.) and another distinctive ringer for family so I can tell the difference -- and still have the "vibrate only" mode work as vibrate only? I've tried everything.... and I challenge everyone to try to make this work on your Storm. I'm not using downloaded ringers, just two standard ones that came on the phone. But when I do it, and someone from my family calls while I'm at work (I have it on vibrate only) -- the phone vibrates once, and then starts ringing (which we're not allowed to have at work).

Has anyone had this work? It's REALLY the way I'd like my phone set up -- it was easy enough for a 3rd grader to figure out on the Curve. This makes me want to pull my hair out.

2 standard ringers
    1 for family - 1 for "everyone else"
    vibrate only mode works
    02-05-09 03:49 PM
    Customize your 2 ringtones individually for your contacts.. I dunno if you can nor have I tried to set it for a group..
    02-05-09 03:55 PM
    Have you gone into your "Sound" profiles, clicked on "Set Contact Alerts" and verified that it says "Active Profile" for the volume/vibration for the selected contact?

When I set my phone to vibrate only, it does just that, vibrates. When I set it back to normal, it rings with the custom ringtone.
    02-05-09 04:01 PM
    Anyone know if you can have a standard ringer (for business calls, friends, etc.) and another distinctive ringer for family so I can tell the difference -- and still have the "vibrate only" mode work as vibrate only? I've tried everything.... and I challenge everyone to try to make this work on your Storm. I'm not using downloaded ringers, just two standard ones that came on the phone. But when I do it, and someone from my family calls while I'm at work (I have it on vibrate only) -- the phone vibrates once, and then starts ringing (which we're not allowed to have at work).

Has anyone had this work? It's REALLY the way I'd like my phone set up -- it was easy enough for a 3rd grader to figure out on the Curve. This makes me want to pull my hair out.

2 standard ringers
    1 for family - 1 for "everyone else"
    vibrate only mode works

What I had to do was create a custom profile for vibrating. Once I did that all was good. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 04:37 PM
    Have you gone into your "Sound" profiles, clicked on "Set Contact Alerts" and verified that it says "Active Profile" for the volume/vibration for the selected contact?

When I set my phone to vibrate only, it does just that, vibrates. When I set it back to normal, it rings with the custom ringtone.
    Yep, sure have. Thank you though -- appreciated.
    02-05-09 05:20 PM
    What I had to do was create a custom profile for vibrating. Once I did that all was good. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How's that done?
    02-05-09 05:21 PM

Yes I have -- thank you though. I honestly appreciate you trying.
    02-05-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD