And that is what confuses me. You are able to get full caps with EDGE and are able to still have it active on Verizon too? What about your email service books? Do you have your tmobile "@tmo.blackblackberry.net email also?
    I didn't do a COMPLETE test.. I just wanted to do a quick test.

SO I didn't touch BIS email. I carry my T-Mo 8320 for work and VZW Storm for personal, so I didn't want to switch everything just to do a quick test, and have to undo it all.

When the T-Mobile SIM was in I looked under Options -> Advanced -> Service books, I did see the T-Mo wap2.0 transport and others which are similar to on my T-Mo 8320.

Yes, the ESN was still tied to my VZW account. I didn't see T-Mobile service until I forced to GSM and 2G. Then i got a registration message, and started playing.

And I did NOT call into T-Mobile Or Verizon while doing this.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 12-17-08 at 10:30 AM.
    12-17-08 10:27 AM
    $200 phone + $175 early termination fee? as opposed to $500 without? That's the only reason for getting plan I can think of.. unless you just want the service on another phone.
    But if within the first 30-days they add the difference of the phone and no ETF, after the first 30-days they will charge the initial cost ($250 - doubt they will get the $50 rebate if the phone is not still active) plus the ETF ($175) plus that months service (we'll just call it $90 lowest voice, unlimited data and text) = $515

... Federal law says they cannot refuse your sim unlock code request or they will have a lawsuit against them and this applies to all USA carriers.
    Actually, the law is just that YOU can unlock your phone, doesn't mean they have to help you, unless it has changed in the last four months again. Look at AT&T/Apple - they only have to unlock it in select countries. Everyone that tries to unlock it in the US were often finding it relocked with the new OS update.

I didn't do a COMPLETE test.. I just wanted to do a quick test.

SO I didn't touch BIS email. I carry my T-Mo 8320 for work and VZW Storm for personal, so I didn't want to switch everything just to do a quick test, and have to undo it all.

When the T-Mobile SIM was in I looked under Options -> Advanced -> Service books, I did see the T-Mo wap2.0 transport and others which are similar to on my T-Mo 8320.

Yes, the ESN was still tied to my VZW account. I didn't see T-Mobile service until I forced to GSM and 2G...
    But, you have it working as just a simple phone not a BlackBerry. I would bet there's a high probability that if you attempted to register it as a BB, while still registered on VZW, it would come up with the same error message the OP got. Try it and let us know.
    12-17-08 12:40 PM
    But, you have it working as just a simple phone not a BlackBerry.
    If it was a "simple phone" I don't think web browsing and Gtalk would work.

Also I DID get the blackberry registration message from T-Mobile's service.
    I would bet there's a high probability that if you attempted to register it as a BB, while still registered on VZW, it would come up with the same error message the OP got. Try it and let us know.
    Maybe I'll get the same message.. maybe I wont..

Over at -> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/urg...2/#post1198608 JasonBourne has posted he only gets lower case edge, not UPPER like I get.

Maybe tonight I'll fully try it.. my vacation starts today... so... I can backup the storm and cruve as they are now, wipe the storm, set it up as T-Mobile, etc... then when I'm done I can restore, and just have to re-do the BIS email setup... then remote into the BES, set my activation password, re-enterprise activate, then re-setup BIS email on it.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 12-17-08 at 02:36 PM.
    12-17-08 02:31 PM
    But, you have it working as just a simple phone not a BlackBerry. I would bet there's a high probability that if you attempted to register it as a BB, while still registered on VZW, it would come up with the same error message the OP got. Try it and let us know.
    Just pulled the VZW SIM and put the T-Mo sim back in and forced to GSM/UMTS & 2G.

I got T-Mobile, and EDGE (all caps.) When I went to the Setup Email icon, it appears to take me to the VZW Bis site, not T-Mobiles...

I'd really have to wipe, and load the generic T-Mo service books from the stickied thread to try more. Can't do that for at least a few days...
    12-20-08 08:36 AM
    so did this problem ever get resolved?
    06-12-09 06:39 PM
    I am getting a similar message, got the phone on Amazon (T-Mobile, Phone Only, No Service), unlocked using cellunlock.net

go onto Digicel Barbados to change device... and i'm getting "The information you provided is not valid for this service provider"

any assistance?
    11-21-09 01:10 AM
    Blackberry Phones are pretty unique with the data plan service books you need to get the the phone taken off the initial service provider to have these books removed!
    11-21-09 07:13 AM
    I am on the phone with tmobile and they are hopeless. I can seem to access the setup internet email option and when I go into "change device", i see my PIN but no IMEI. So I put in the IMEI and it says "The information you have provided is not valid for this service provider"

So I log into My Tmobile on the computer and try to put in the IMEI and I get the same error.

what does that mean? is that the cause of my problem in not getting my data services?
    I get the same problem trying to put it on AT&T. I switch back and forth between my Bold and my Storm. It doesn't happen all the time tho, only sometimes it won't accept the switch.

No idea why.
    12-15-09 05:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem, can anyone tell me how you solved it please!

Weird, it displayed the message continuously for 3 days, on the 4th it changed my device automatically as I logged in.
    Last edited by Stuardo; 01-15-10 at 12:28 AM.
    01-15-10 12:21 AM
    When I switched my Storm from TMO back to VZW I got my @TMO.BlackBerry.net email till my contract ended with TMO then I was able to fully setup my @VZW.blackberry.net email.
    01-15-10 01:38 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD