ok,

So, i bought a storm on ebay, brand new, still had all plastic coverings, etc, etc. i open the box, all excited, and start playing with the phone. seems slow...hmmm...maybe it's just me. Take it over to Verizon, transfer all my stuff, and go to text my wife, but it takes like five minutes to type a simple message. The screen is real unresponsive. Call verizon. They suggest wiping it clean, full reboot. Ok.. that seemed to work. Real responsive, workin good. Until....i install an app. Anything. then it runs horribly slow. Sometimes i cant get the screen to respond at all....

Also, this morning. Was working great. Come to work, and the phone sits for a bit, now it's slow. When i say slow, i mean that it won't highlight like it should, or when i click, it doesn't click.

Any ideas? Is this a setting somewhere? Is this common. The kicker is that verizon isn't willing to replace, even though it's their phone, under a year, etc. .. hoping you all can help me out.

thanks!
    --jason
    03-05-09 11:12 AM
    We need more info first what OS are you running. Options about and tell us what OS it is....
    03-05-09 11:17 AM
    v 4.7.0.75
    03-05-09 11:18 AM
    ok,

So, i bought a storm on ebay, brand new, still had all plastic coverings, etc, etc. i open the box, all excited, and start playing with the phone. seems slow...hmmm...maybe it's just me. Take it over to Verizon, transfer all my stuff, and go to text my wife, but it takes like five minutes to type a simple message. The screen is real unresponsive. Call verizon. They suggest wiping it clean, full reboot. Ok.. that seemed to work. Real responsive, workin good. Until....i install an app. Anything. then it runs horribly slow. Sometimes i cant get the screen to respond at all....

Also, this morning. Was working great. Come to work, and the phone sits for a bit, now it's slow. When i say slow, i mean that it won't highlight like it should, or when i click, it doesn't click.

Any ideas? Is this a setting somewhere? Is this common. The kicker is that verizon isn't willing to replace, even though it's their phone, under a year, etc. .. hoping you all can help me out.

thanks!
    --jason
    there are several things you can try to speed up the storm:

Adjust your tap, hover, swipe, key rate setting setting and see if this works

options > screen/keyboard

I have mine set to

key rate fast
    to each his own though just play around with them and see what works. As far as Verizon not willing to replace that is the risk you run buying off ebay!

Here are some links for you to check out

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tap...they-do-99558/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/

You can always upgrade your os with one of the leaked beta's out there. I haven't done this because I have no problems with .75, but I know it has helped others a lot.
    03-05-09 11:22 AM
    Darn it spaciorek you always beat me. I think we are on these forums at the same time during the day.
    03-05-09 11:24 AM
    on the one post you had, he said he moved everything off of his menu. Does he mean the "full" menu? or just the "homepage" 8 that are available. I think this is truly a memory problem on this phone by the way it acts. i also found it interesting that he did a soft reboot every day. that is actually how i get the phone to work better...pulling the battery...weird, right?
    03-05-09 11:49 AM
    The kicker is that verizon isn't willing to replace, even though it's their phone
    Well that's the downfall to buying it from ebay instead of Verizon.
    You can't expect them to replace something you didn't even buy from them..
    Try installing the newest leaked OS if you feel like going that route. Might work out for you.
    03-05-09 11:53 AM
    Ebay or not.... If you claim that it has manufacturing defects then they are obligated to replace it! However a simple upgrade of the OS should help nicely. Also try a good battery pull and make sure your new app doesnt have a memory leak. Hope I helped
    03-05-09 11:57 AM
    Ebay or not.... If you claim that it has manufacturing defects then they are obligated to replace it! However a simple upgrade of the OS should help nicely. Also try a good battery pull and make sure your new app doesnt have a memory leak. Hope I helped
    memory leak?
    03-05-09 11:59 AM
    i sorta knew it would be something similar to that with verizon buying on Ebay...but, it "is" a Verizon phone....and it hasnt been around for a year.....also, i've been a loyal customer to them for about 12 years now....

Either way, that's neither here nor there....thanks to you all for helping me fix. I'm currently deleting apps off that i dont need, like "chinese characters...."

--J
    03-05-09 12:01 PM
    Some apps will have a memory leak for one reason or another.... try deleting any third party apps one at a time. After an hour or so check the memory status if it has moved alot then that was the culprit.... if not delete the next app and check again in awhile. This worked for me cause I had an app That would move my memory from 35.5 to 5.0 in less than a few hours once i got rid of it now I can make it through the day with solid memory.
    03-05-09 12:03 PM
    They don't have to do anything if you didn't buy it from them.
    03-05-09 12:03 PM
    Sorry typed that a little fast... what i meant was The phone has a One yr manufacturers warranty he could look into having that one honored.... I know that it would be a little leg work but is possible.
    03-05-09 12:07 PM
    You would have to deal with RIM, not verizon, since you bought it on ebay. Sucks, but that is the risk you take when you get a phone that way.

Also, what app did you install, maybe it is just the app.

And i woudln't bother trying to install any beta OS, .109 seemed
    to have a memory leak, and would become very slow at times.
    Hopefully a good full official release is coming soon.
    03-05-09 02:23 PM
    Also try a good battery pull and make sure your new app doesnt have a memory leak. Hope I helped
    Ahhh, nothing like a good battery pull. Just like pretzels and chocolate.
    03-05-09 02:55 PM
    what do you expect from a phone you baught on ebay,
    03-05-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD