I'm on my forth Storm in six weeks and now this device stopped alerting me with sounds for messages,
    Today, my MP3 player started playing without doing anything. just sitting there, starts playing
    plugged my car adapter in too play mp3 and the device did a soft reboot.

Any suggestions.. do i need to go in for a fifth or just give up on the Storm.
    03-02-09 10:41 PM
    Four phones... are you sure its all the phone's fault? You must have very bad luck.

I would try to get a different model if I were you.
    03-02-09 10:54 PM
    I agree, it sounds like this is not the phone for you. enough said.
    03-02-09 10:59 PM
    I wish I could say it was something I'm doing. I use the phone and set it up for gmail and facebook. that's all I've done.
    03-02-09 10:59 PM
    The first thing you have to do is tell us what apps you are running, what you have done that might trigger this kind of behavior that kind of thing.

I think there are definitely BAD storms out there. There are way too many people that reliably know what they are doing and have had their phones just brick on them (a very good friend of mine on here had that happen) ... so yes, Storms can fuzz for no apparent reason... but you gotta examine what YOU might be doing too. Any ideas?

I think after I had been through two... I might give up and get a curve myself. I don't have that kind of patience...
    03-02-09 11:00 PM
    Stop Killing Your Phones!
    03-02-09 11:02 PM
    I posted before I read what you just said.. If I'm not mistaken, the facebook app has some issues. You can always access it via opera without using the app. I use gmail app every day without any hassle.. but again, that is ME... but if it's happened with FOUR phones... that just sucks.

Also.. make sure you are doing all the right stuff. Delete unused apps. Get a 60kb background pic.. etc etc..
    Last edited by jdoc77; 03-02-09 at 11:06 PM.
    03-02-09 11:03 PM
    Do they have Opera app for the Storm or is it the generic
    03-02-09 11:20 PM
    If I returned my phone every time it acted up, or rebooted itself Id be on phone 25 by now!

Some apps, and some of the OS patches are a little buggy. You may have recvd a bad phone or 2, but I doubt that you could have recvd 4 defective phones, that is pretty unlikely. If you dont have the patience to wait for a finished stable OS then you probably should try a different model.
    03-02-09 11:21 PM
    We it makes me feel a bit better that my situation isn't unique. This is my first Blackberry so I have no experience. I choose the Storm because I like the concept. Don't like the little roller ball on the other models
    03-02-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD