The first one being that my Storm is teling me I have an unread email that I do not have. I tried all the tricks on here already from a simple battery pull to searching for unread messages to trying to delete my call log. None of this has helped. Any other ideas for this issue?

The second is I keep getting a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerException" whenever I reset my phone (soft and hard resets) and whenever I go into my call log to delete a call or basically whenever the Storm decides to give it to me. battery pulls do not work, deleting calls don't matter, I also deleted what few extra programs I had...no dice.

Third (and this just may be a location thing but I doubt it) I can be in my house and have a FULL signal...someone will call and the phone will not ring - but it will give me the missed call indicator as well as beep at me for voicemail. All SMS and MMS msgs will come through. The enst time someone calls, same full signal, the phone will ring. Nothing changes, as we have actively tested this...

can someone please help me? I am seriously losing my patience with this thing....
    09-28-09 01:45 PM
    The first one being that my Storm is teling me I have an unread email that I do not have. I tried all the tricks on here already from a simple battery pull to searching for unread messages to trying to delete my call log. None of this has helped. Any other ideas for this issue?

The second is I keep getting a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerException" whenever I reset my phone (soft and hard resets) and whenever I go into my call log to delete a call or basically whenever the Storm decides to give it to me. battery pulls do not work, deleting calls don't matter, I also deleted what few extra programs I had...no dice.

Third (and this just may be a location thing but I doubt it) I can be in my house and have a FULL signal...someone will call and the phone will not ring - but it will give me the missed call indicator as well as beep at me for voicemail. All SMS and MMS msgs will come through. The enst time someone calls, same full signal, the phone will ring. Nothing changes, as we have actively tested this...

can someone please help me? I am seriously losing my patience with this thing....
    Before you start going crazy, how about telling us what OS you're running?
    09-28-09 01:48 PM
    Well it figures I would leave an important detail out! Sorry! lol I am running 4.7.0.148.

If it helps any with the dx, there have been many times where I will wake up in the morning and look at my phone only to see zero emails (a near impossibility)a nd after i reset I will get all my emails and even some SMS as well.

Hope
    09-28-09 02:13 PM
    Well it figures I would leave an important detail out! Sorry! lol I am running 4.7.0.148.

If it helps any with the dx, there have been many times where I will wake up in the morning and look at my phone only to see zero emails (a near impossibility)a nd after i reset I will get all my emails and even some SMS as well.

Hope
    I don't want to see you hanging but I don't have a lot of answers for you except maybe on issue #3. It's fairly easy to accidentally send a call on Storm. Maybe your hitting the screen and don't realize it?

The mail thing you've covered pretty well. You're checking your message folder. That's usually where you find the message that you didn't delete. So that rules that out.

Uncaught exception. No idea.

Since .148 is, IMHO a stable OS I don't know quite what to tell you. Only thing I can suggest is a wipe and a reinstall, or an upgrade of your OS to one of the other many available. Perhaps when .148 was installed you had some corrupt files.
    09-28-09 02:38 PM
    Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I may just ahve to try the wipe/reload option sine I feel I exhausted all other efforts.
    09-28-09 02:41 PM
    Yes wipe and reload of the OS sounds in order. You might also want to consider trying OS 4.7.0.151, or 4.7.0.167, HOWEVER I strongly caution you NOT to use any themes with these OSs as there are issues. Also a misbehaving theme might also explain some of your issues even on 148. If you have a theme installed try going back to the default Zen theme.
    09-28-09 02:46 PM
    id go with .167. its sweet.
    09-28-09 02:53 PM
    I went crazy the first week I had mine. When you get a voice mail you get an icon on the phone letting you know how many voice messages you have. BUT you also get an SMS message teling you that you have a voice message. I had specifically blocked SMS and hidden the messages folder. but I was getting alerted to unread messages that I couldnt find. turns out it was the SMS voice mail messages. once you unhide the folder. go into the messages folder>options>general options>SMS and Email inboxes:set to "combined".

this is how I solved my phantom messages.
    09-28-09 02:56 PM
    Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I may just ahve to try the wipe/reload option sine I feel I exhausted all other efforts.
    You also didn't mention if you are running a theme many problems seem to stem from themes. Do you have a lot of apps installed? Maybe some specific app is causing these issues. I might try and uninstall one by one and do a battery pull after each one and see if it fixes anything unless you already wiped and re installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks guys. I already did the phantom messge search, unhid all the folders and went through them - I can see what folder it claims I have a message in however there is no message there. As far as themes, I am running the default theme and already uninstalled the extra apps...to no avail.

My Berry has just gone mad. I think I am just gonna have to reload tonight. Bah!
    09-29-09 07:19 AM
    Did you look to see if you saved any emails? It seems to me that I occasionally hit SAVE by mistake on an unread message and it takes a minute to figure out why I'm showing an unread message when I've emptied my email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD