ok so ive had this problem for about two weeks now.

my battery doesnt last at all. i unplug it at 8AM every morning and its shut off by 4PM. and thats with no use at all since i cant seem to without the battery draining fast. if i use it moderatly then it shuts off even faster

ive tried everything in these forums to try and increase battery life and nothing seems to work

it cant be a bad battery though bc i had great battery life before...its just been these past couple of weeks

what should i do?
    03-22-09 07:22 PM
    Throwing it against the wall won't help, I promise. Though it may be fun, please video tape it!
    03-22-09 07:24 PM
    Go get a new battery perhaps?
    03-22-09 07:24 PM
    What OS are you running?
    03-22-09 07:25 PM
    .75 was like that for me... i suggest an upgrade in os if you havent done that already!
    03-22-09 07:26 PM
    Maybe need a replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:26 PM
    First, what did you do differently the last few weeks......
    03-22-09 07:27 PM
    I would go and get a new Battery I had the same problem and I replaced the battery and it fixed the problem also you might want to try the Extended Battery here on crackberry store but make shore you charge for 8 hours and over time the battery gets better I would also try to update your os if you have not I would do .109 it has been the best for me

Welcome
    What OS are you running?

ive tried .114 too and even went back to the official OS and the battery still doesnt work
    What OS are you running?
    First, what did you do differently the last few weeks......
    i downloaded a few apps but i went back and deleted those so its exactly the same it was before i downloaded them
    03-22-09 07:28 PM
    Maybe need a replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That would be my guess
    03-22-09 07:29 PM
    Throwing it against the wall won't help, I promise. Though it may be fun, please video tape it!
    Ha ya I gotta see this!
    03-22-09 07:33 PM
    Well, throwing it against the wall will definitely improve your battery life if you throw it hard enough. Let me describe how it will do so:

When the phone is in the air, battery life will still be reduced. When the phone hits the wall, the circuits inside the phone that draw power from the battery will be disconnected by the high G-load. The phone will thus cease to draw power from the battery, which will prevent the battery from going dead. You will likely find that you should recharge the battery about every three months as just sitting will drain it over time, but your battery will last longer than the rest of ours do.

There may be a couple of side effects: Your phone will be somewhat less user friendly in that it will no longer make phone calls or send emails etc.

If you throw it against a hard wall, there may be damage to the exterior of the phone such as a cracked screen, scratches and dings on the phone etc.

In order to minimize this exterior damage, the wall against which you throw it should be drywall, preferrably hit between two studs. The floor below this point should be carpeted, or otherwise padded in some way. If you have no carpet, perhaps laying down a couple of thick bath towels will help.

As an alternative to throwing the phone against a wall, you may be able to preserve some of that user friendliness by simply returning the phone and battery to your local verizon dealer and requesting a new one. RIM prides itself on extraordinary battery life, they're likely to assist you.
    03-22-09 07:36 PM
    i had the same exact problem and was going to replace it, when I fell in the pool last week with the storm in my pocket. Got a replacement through insurance and sure enough, my new phone lasts way more than a day with little usage. In fact it will last two days, I couldn't even do that with the new one I had.
    so replace it and see how that one does.
    Or you could throw it at the wall, lord knows i was tempted more than a few times the first week I had it. Actually I almost threw it through a plate glass window. Glad I didn't. Go get a new one and report back to us.
    03-22-09 07:37 PM
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first post. I've had my storm since Feb. 1st and like the OP, I too was very upset because my battery was only lasting about 6 hours with no real use. My husband ordered me two additional batteries and after replacing the original battery I still was only able to get about 6-7 hours of battery time.

Last Thursday, I went storming to Verizon and told the technician that this was absolutely ridiculous and I didn't think I should have to walk around with three batteries just to get thru a 12 hour day. I use my bb to check emails with very little phone use and no texting. Needless to say the technician was of no help (except he did replace my original battery with a new one).
    Well while I was going thru my rage, there happen to be a young girl (high school student) waiting in line who was able to give me more information about my storm than the technician.

Her suggestions:

Use the lock button (top left corner) whenever I'm not using the storm and to keep it in a case with a magnetic closure. While the lock is on I can still receive phone calls. GUESS WHAT? IT WORKS!!!!! I'm now getting 10-12 hours of available battery use (using OS .75) depending on internet usage.

The young lady said she was looking for a job - I told her to apply with Verizon because she was able to offer better advice than the technician.
    03-22-09 08:25 PM
    put it in the microwave and complain to verizon that ur phone fried out of nowhere.
    03-22-09 08:28 PM
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first post. I've had my storm since Feb. 1st and like the OP, I too was very upset because my battery was only lasting about 6 hours with no real use. My husband ordered me two additional batteries and after replacing the original battery I still was only able to get about 6-7 hours of battery time.

Last Thursday, I went storming to Verizon and told the technician that this was absolutely ridiculous and I didn't think I should have to walk around with three batteries just to get thru a 12 hour day. I use my bb to check emails with very little phone use and no texting. Needless to say the technician was of no help (except he did replace my original battery with a new one).
    Well while I was going thru my rage, there happen to be a young girl (high school student) waiting in line who was able to give me more information about my storm than the technician.

Her suggestions:

Use the lock button (top left corner) whenever I'm not using the storm and to keep it in a case with a magnetic closure. While the lock is on I can still receive phone calls. GUESS WHAT? IT WORKS!!!!! I'm now getting 10-12 hours of available battery use (using OS .75) depending on internet usage.

The young lady said she was looking for a job - I told her to apply with Verizon because she was able to offer better advice than the technician.
    10-12 hours? thats still not good

when i had my blackberry pearl which has a less powerful battery then the storm, i would take it off at 8 in the morning just like my storm and then charge it at midnight and there would still be battery left. and that was all with heavy txting and some internet use. and a few calls
    03-22-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD