I've only had my Storm for 10 days andI'm trying really hard to love it.

I want you to tell me what YOU love about your Storm, How you solved the issues that bugged YOU and what apps you couldn't live without.

I don't consider myselp a power user but here are my issues:

1. Every time I lift the phone to my ear, my ear presses the screen and turns the phone off - Solution Smartlock App $2.99

2. When I want to call a contact I have to call up a keyboard. Anyone know how to automatically get the keyboard to open and place the cursor in the find field when I press the contact button? App?

3. Is there a way to link a contact to an event in the calendar? Better calendar management possibly with color coding?

4. Is <i>anyone</i> actually using the Voice dialer. I have an accent (at least I do in the midwest - I'm from Boston) and I can't get it to recognize a single name or letter and I've done all the advanced supplemental programming that's available. What do those of you from the South do - now those are accents to my ears at least

5. I have pudgy fingers with long nails and I can't type on the keyboard. Any solutions short of cutting the nails and constricting the fingers ;-)

I really look forward to suggestions and ideas so that I can keep this phone.

TIA
    02-24-09 06:07 PM
    Here's another issue

6. When deleting an email, message etc why do I have to touch the screen again to confirm. Why doesn't a double tap on the delete "key" work
    02-24-09 06:09 PM
    Can't help with most of your issues but as for number 2 hit the green call button once to bring up the phone then press and hold it in to bring up contacts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 06:12 PM
    1) There are a few free apps that do this, but I'm using BerryTweak, which locks the screen as well as providing a few other neat options for the phone ($2.95)

2) you should just be able to click in the 'Find:' box, which should bring up the keyboard and put the cursor in the box.

3) not sure

4) I use it occasionally, but it usually comes up with something completely different than who I want to call.

5) You shouldn't need to type with the tips of your fingers, the Storm does a pretty good job of picking out where you want to click if you use the whole thumb or finger.

6) Should be an option in the options menu for the message or SMS/MMS app to turn off deletion confirmation.
    02-24-09 06:16 PM
    There's a free call lock app
    You can set the phone to open at contacts screen
    Not sure about 3 but this is a bb. You won't find better calendar management
    I'm from south carolina. No voice issues.
    Probably just a software issue
    Use the pads of your thumbs. Works better for me anyway

And I love my storm because it has allowed me to be more social and stay in contact better while traveling work

02-24-09 06:16 PM
    I would suggest looking through the Storms' How-To TIPS & FAQ subforum. I'm sure you can find answers to the questions you have and other useful things. Heres one thread you should look over--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/
    02-24-09 06:29 PM
    1. Screen Lock, u can find it in the 3rd party apps OTA thread, its free as opposed to $2.99

I use the voice dialer all the time, and I've never had a problem, I also have a boston accent and thats not the problem. Try to speak as clearly as possible and be sure to include "mobile" or "home" after, sometimes it'll make you select the number because of that (happened to me a few times).

You'll have to search or wait for other replies for the rest but i don't think having to click on find for contacts should be a reason to lose such a reliable phone Give it a bit longer, these are just minor inconveniences at best.
    02-24-09 06:55 PM
    Thank you for all the replies. I am over reading the tips and tricks and learning a lot.

I do love the phone - I just want to love it even more

Off to look for the free Screen locks app. Anyone got a link?
    02-24-09 07:01 PM
    The storm is by far the best berry I have owned (didn't say that until two weeks after I had it) LOL. I use storm lock to auto lock the keyboard and love it! It does cost money and there are some free ones (talk lock) for instance, but I could never get it to work for me.

I love opera mini for web browsing and especially in these forums. I get no typing lag using it, like I do with the bb browser.

As for typing I pretend there is a line down the middle of keyboard and keep my thumbs on either side of that. Since doing this I have had no real problems to speak of. I am as fast as I was on my 8830 so I have no complaints.

It takes time but it may not be for you. Good luck! Either way.
    02-24-09 07:05 PM
    I like this screen locker. It's free and works well...TalkLock
    02-24-09 07:22 PM
    PS gamecocks own buckeyes

02-24-09 07:47 PM
    2. You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen rather than going through the BB key, and it should put you in the find box.
    02-24-09 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the swip technique, that cool.
    09-09-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD