Hi there,

Just out of curiosity and since I tend to be a klutz ...

I managed to drop my Palm 3X during my life with it and found it didn't seem to bother it at all ... it just kept on working as though nothing had happened. The Palm appears to have a metal shell but he Storm's is plastic and then of course there's that big screen.

If you've dropped your Storm, what's the extent of damage (if any) you experienced?

Thanks,
    Deb
    07-20-09 05:18 AM
    when I had it I droped it a few times. No noticeable damage.
    07-20-09 05:30 AM
    I dropped a Storm (not current one) from the height of a SUV seat to a concrete floor. It landed "flat" directly on the front. There were no marks in the bezel/frame because of a silicone case. But the screen "popped" out slightly. I pushed in gently and it snapped back into place. No noticible adverse effect on the Storm's performance.
    07-20-09 06:46 AM
    over the weekend i got into an accident and totaled my jeep. my storm was sitting on top the radio in this little dash spot...the top was down and the phone was thrown from the vehicle. some lady picked it up outta the middle of the street and gave it to me with the back off...the battery stayed in, phone stayed on, and i have had no problems as of yet. there are a few small scratches on the outside but thats it, nothing on the screen itself (just a small scratch on the factory screen protector).
    07-20-09 06:46 AM
    Hope no one got hurt. Did you take pics of your jeep with the storm?

Also to the OP, I use Otterbox so no worries about drops at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:58 AM
    Hope no one got hurt. Did you take pics of your jeep with the storm?

Also to the OP, I use Otterbox so no worries about drops at all.

yah, although i didnt get any on the scene, i did visit my jeep at the shop yesterday (accident was sat)...here are some pics:

oh, and they took the other driver away in an ambulance, but she was older and i hope it was just a precautionary measure...i just spent the day in bed yesterday for the most part
    07-20-09 07:16 AM
    i have dropped mine from hip height (im 6' tall) on its ends/corners a few times. battery cover popped off and battery came out but i put it back on and it was fine, and is still fine now.....this was about 2 months ago, dropped it on pavement both times, same day. just a few dings on the corner/bezels...

it was nekkid all the times i dropped it, i have a incipio case on it now.
    Last edited by Caddyman; 07-20-09 at 07:28 AM.
    07-20-09 07:26 AM
    I've dropped mine walking 3 times already. It's always in the Berry casing that came with it, but twice it hit the road/sidewalk on the end sticking out. I have some minor scratches where this happened but that is it, the Storm still works like always.
    07-20-09 07:26 AM
    I was braking up a fright between my sister and some female at a jazz festival this past week end and some how my phone and holster got knocked off and took a nice fall. It came out of the holster completely and landed on its screen. I got some small scratches above the speaker and a corner of my screen chipped off. The funny thing is when I felt my phone come off I let my sister go so that I could get my phone. She ended up getting handled pretty good until someone else broke them up.

07-20-09 08:28 AM
    I dropped mine from waist high and I pick it up and the screen was black. Phone was still on I could recive phone calls and everything i just could see who it was from
    07-20-09 08:37 AM
    Have dropped mine twice on tile floor and nothing has happened to it. I use an Innocase 2, though...

07-20-09 08:54 AM
    Fixed thread titled. Also I have dropped mine a few times and had no damage except for minor dings.
    07-20-09 08:57 AM
    I work in a motorcycle service/sales and I was doing a oil change and the floor in the shop is a rough finished floor. I reached for the phone thing my hand was dryer than it was the phone went throw my hand like a greased pig and landed on the back. Broke the Seidio battery case but the battery never came out. the back got a few small scrathes. Works like a champ. I did turn it off and the did a battery pull. I did get a true Blackberry case that i have to pull the phone out of. Also when I'm working around the bikes I don't worry about the phone, customer service first then the phone. If it's important they'll leave a voice mail.

07-20-09 09:01 AM
    I've dropped mine walking 3 times already. It's always in the Berry casing that came with it, but twice it hit the road/sidewalk on the end sticking out. I have some minor scratches where this happened but that is it, the Storm still works like always.
    Your storm came with a case?

I thrown mine into my driver seat one time, it bounced off my drivers seat, out the door and rolled all the way under my car. Picked it up, just scratches on the corners. Bought a case since then, nothings wrong with it, **** I think its faster now j/k
    07-20-09 09:23 AM
    I've dropped mine a few times on concrete and been lucky. It only has a scratch on the top silver area. Once it fell from the kitchen counter hard enough that the snap on case came off but no problems!

07-20-09 01:20 PM
    I've dropped mine many times, but it's in a OtterBox Defender case. Not a scratch on it.
    07-20-09 01:29 PM
    Dropped my phone one time at a social. The battery cover came off and the battery popped out, but I put the batter back in and it booted up fine. Worked perfect ever since. Now have a innocase 360 on it, so this should be fairly indestructable :P.

In my opinion the storm is built pretty well, judging from this thread it seems to handle a fair amount of abuse.
    07-20-09 01:39 PM
    Mine did not fair as well as others. It fell three feet yesterday land on it's face and cracked the screen. Every thing still works.
    07-20-09 07:28 PM
    I drop mine every few days it seems. Concrete garage floor, hardwood floors, gravel driveway. It's bounced across my fiberglass boat floor several times while running across rough water. Believe it or not the phone doesn't have a scratch! I run a silicone case and screen protector, I think the silicone case really helps absorb the shock. I've been quite impressed it's held up as well as it has!

Wenty
    07-20-09 07:54 PM
    I dropped mine from about chest high onto pavement and jammed the lock button so it was unusable. Had to use my insurance to get a new one...
    07-20-09 07:58 PM
    Unfortunately... I've dropped my Storm way to many times and naked too! The trim is pretty beat-up and the back has a good number of scratches, but the thing works like a dream! I don't think I've noticed any differences between drops. This thing is built like a rock.
    07-20-09 08:04 PM
    Thanks everyone ... looks like I've totally underestimated the Storm's construction and sturdy-ness ... my bad and in this case ... very cool
    07-21-09 05:02 AM
    I've dropped my Storm a countless number of times. The first time was the worst. It fell during a phone conversation and it chipped the top right corner
    After that the only damages have been little nicks and scratches and the batter popping out.

07-21-09 05:22 AM
    My friend at work his storm fall out of his pocket on a roller coaster at cedar point a few weeks ago. When he got off the coaster and noticed it was gone, he went back to the ride and they told him to come back after a certain time after they cleaned the ground below the coaster.

He went back and they found his phone. the battery cover came off and the battery came out. They found everything tho.

His phone still works. the battery cover is beat up a little. The phone no long sits level.

It works great tho! I'll take some pictures of it later tonight at work and post them.
    07-21-09 10:48 AM
    Dropped mine a few times with zero protection. I got a small chip in the bezel and a few light scratches. Functionally no issues though.

07-21-09 02:01 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD