I will be returning mine today due to other problems starting to appear.
    Verizon said they will ship one out either today or Monday via 2day Fedex. They said just use the one I have till the new one arrives than send the old one back.
    11-28-08 05:21 PM
    I am really tired of hearing so many people talk about how they are going to "switch to the Iphone"-"the Iphone is so much of a better phone" blah blah blah--I had the Iphone 3G and i can tell you this much-the phone sucked in plain english-it dropped calls constantly, it cant forward text messages and most of all--you cant get picture messages-I mean WTF-the cheapest phones out there can get picture messages! Dont get me wrong the Iphone does have some nice features but dont forget how long it took Apple and ATT to get things fixed on this phone and they still have problems with it-how many software upgrades did Apple release!! The Storm has been out for a week-give RIM a chance to do some software upgrades and make things right-I am sure they will-RIM in my opinion is one of the best companys out there. I had Blackberrys before the Iphone and I was sorry I switched-I will never make that mistake again--Blackberry all the way!!! Wifi-i agree 100% whats the big deal if it doesnt have wifi-thats what laptops are for.
    Oh yeah heres another problem with the Iphone-I was in Yankee stadium twice when i noticed this happen--I had a full signal on my phone-I was able to make a phone call but couldnt recieve calls, texts or voice mails-same thing happened when I was on vacation in Alabama at a race--it took me 3 hours to get a voicemail telling me my grandfather was in the hospital--and ATT answer to this--"oh i never heard of this problem--let me try and call you now" I was like you ***** I am in my house of course its gonna work. Anyway, I know I am ranting here lol but I am so tired of people comparing the Storm(again only out 1 week) to the Iphone(out almost 2 years now)-Give RIM the chance to make the upgrades-I am sure they will fix it. As for hardware issues-plug locations, clicking screen, etc--If you saw the phone in the store and didnt like this stuff you shouldnt have bought it!
    11-28-08 05:30 PM
    Now you truly do not make any sense whatsoever. You state that you want a phone that just works out of the box. This phone has been out for exactly ONE WEEK. It has been out WORLDWIDE FOR 2 WEEKS. You say perhaps the Bold, that phone has been out for MONTHS and STILL doesn't work well. NOT A SINGLE BLACKBERRY has shipped flawlessly. Anytime a new BB has been launched, it has NEVER worked as well as you wantl out of the box. Every BB has had software updates. Even when carriers received different models of the same phone, they still release updates because the phone was buggy despite being launch for months or even years.

My argument lies in the fact that the iphone was released for a year and was very buggy. Then a brand new phone was released and was STILL buggy. Updates after MONTHS fixed this.

The Bold was released months ago, and STILL has MANY BUGS.

Point is this, you write off the Storm after a few days and technically 2 weeks of release, whereas other phones you give them the benefit of the doubt. iPhone for 90 days (plus the previous year it was released) and now the Bold which has been out for months.

It's not that your arguments aren't valid in terms of the phones issues (for the most part), but the majority of them can be fixed with a software update. And don't try to tell me that it should need a software update to fix those issues, but the majority of these phones (iphone, bold, storm) all have and do need updates.

I can see if the phone has been out for a few months with no fixes then I can understand, but not at this point.

Check out the Bold forums and you won't see 1/10th the amount of "problem" threads as you do with the Storm. There are hardly ANY issues with the Bold right now - the thing is a lamborghini.. Now this is to be expected considering the Bold is not too different from previous models. But, I would bet anything that there will still be MANY issues after the next Storm update.
    11-28-08 06:23 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD