View Poll Results: If you could fix one thing on the storm what would it be?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Enhancements to the contacts to allow faster dialing

21 17.50%
  • Fix the video camera so that its more stable

12 10.00%
  • General speed enhancements beyond .75

47 39.17%
  • Allow the phone to lock while in call

28 23.33%
  • Add standby mode

17 14.17%
  • Fix bugs with ring profiles and custom contact ringtones

12 10.00%
  • Better audio routing with bluetooth headsets

6 5.00%
  • Multi message SMS capability

12 10.00%
  • Faster picture taking (reduce latency between button press and photo capture completion)

34 28.33%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

18 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    What is your number one thing to be fixed on the storm? I've listed a few things that bother me. I'm curious to see what the most popular things are.

Feel free to select more than one but keep in mind that if you select more than one you are taking your vote and lessening its effectiveness by spreading it out over multiple topics. Perhaps this can give us a more unified direction to start asking RIM for the most popular problems amongst its power users.

Often its the power users that people go to for phone recommendations. I know that I've sold several BlackBerries when people have asked me for a recommendation. Perhaps RIM will even be in here and pay attention without our having to write letters.
    Last edited by bthoward; 12-14-08 at 04:13 AM.
    12-14-08 03:58 AM
    i'd love to figure out how to keep dust out/remove dust from the screen. other issues i have are software related that i trust will be resolved over time.
    12-14-08 04:01 AM
    Nothing assuming the phone is not suppose to click like crap, have a gap as wide as my a**, and have screen blemishes. If RIM comes out and says that the phone is being manufactured as it should be then I would have a lot of fixes in mind. I don't think it is being manufactured correctly because I have seen phones without those problems. Because of the Storms greatness I am willing to give it, and RIM, the benefit of the doubt for now.
    12-14-08 04:02 AM
    Assuming hardware issues are set aside for the sake of this thread please. I realize its easy for me to say that being that I only had a minor click issue and the screw mod made it perfect for me. I deeply apologize for all who have had hardware issues but I'd like to try and figure out what the more popular issues with the software are.
    12-14-08 04:09 AM
    The video record freezing issue is pretty serious. Memory leaks? Improve how, and how much memory the phone can allocate towards software.

I voted for fix bugs in ring profiles. Missing alerts is horrible.
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 12-14-08 at 05:56 AM.
    12-14-08 04:16 AM
    I voted for the camera speed increase, but it's really a tie between that and wanting a way to disable the accelerometer. I think my third item would be better stereo bluetooth streaming, though it's not bad IMO. I haven't really had any other notable problems.
    12-14-08 04:19 AM
    Improve how much memory the phone can allocate towards software.
    IMO that would solve a ton of issues. raise it up to 256mb
    12-14-08 04:20 AM
    Dang I meant to have that as one of the options... Increase available app memory to 256, 512 or adjustable to any power of 2... If I knew how to edit a poll (not sure if I can) I'd change increase speed to increase memory as it would do that....
    12-14-08 04:55 AM
    I find the increased camera speed interesting. Honestly if you turn the image stabilization on its a fantastic camera. The flash is freakin NUTS. The focus is reasonable for what it is. And the image quality comes out quite good. The speed does quite hinder it.
    12-14-08 04:59 AM
    Rid of us the random reboots
    12-14-08 06:34 AM
    Lack of Speed Dials is driving me crazy and forcing me to use the Voice Dial all the time.

The camera crawls. I have to click several times not knowing when it is finally going to take the darn picture.

Other than that I love the phone and have had relatively few problems.

Please RIM.....fix the speed dial options. I miss my shortcuts.
    12-14-08 09:45 AM
    I would like to see thr auto dimming sensor work in landscape mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 09:49 AM
    Visually they should change the buttons for the home page. It terrible to have a beautiful screen and you don't get to see cool wallpaper unless the phone is locked and in Portrait. Translucent or smaller would be good. Also wallpaper for landscape.

12-14-08 09:54 AM
    Lack of Speed Dials is driving me crazy and forcing me to use the Voice Dial all the time.

The camera crawls. I have to click several times not knowing when it is finally going to take the darn picture.

Speed dial? As in click and hold a number and it will dial a contact?
    Open phone program back berry button / view speed dial list

12-14-08 10:07 AM
    I'd say and some may argue, but make the overall phone more user friendly. And I can only see that happening with a major OS overhaul not minor tweaking and adjustments of the current OS

12-14-08 10:10 AM
    The only Problem I really have is VVM Volume. Mines great except for that! Also...Thats probablly not a phone problem, but a VVM software problem!
    12-14-08 10:35 AM
    i would fix the call log to operate the same as past blackberrys.

on the storm if you clear your sms message box it also clears your call log...
    also if you delete a missed call out of your message box it clears the call log of that number .

it does not work this way on the curve ... software bug needs fixed.
    12-14-08 10:38 AM
    Rid of us the random reboots
    Can't say I've ever had one... And I've been doing quite a lot on the thing.
    12-14-08 05:56 PM

There is speed dial... I have my phone setup so that if I hold 2 it calls my wife. Hold 3 it calls the office.... Is that what you mean? Look in the options under the dialer app.
    12-14-08 05:58 PM
    i just wish we had wifi. not that thats software, but i so wish........
    12-14-08 05:59 PM
    i just wish we had wifi. not that thats software, but i so wish........
    Meh... I've never missed it. The cell network is just way more convenient. I understand wanting it but I can't say I'd use it much unless it was REALLY fast an easy to turn off and on. If it took more than a few clicks I don't think I'd ever bother to spend the time to turn it on.
    12-14-08 06:02 PM
    My big wishes would be to have a stand by and I would like to be able to choose between portrait and landscape. I do not like the random switching back and forth. I go to answer and it switches and then messes up the call. Many times I miss the call. Screen lock would be nice as well.
    12-14-08 06:04 PM
    I voted "other". I need the random rebooting to stop so I can be unconditionally in love with this thing!
    12-14-08 06:11 PM
    The keyboard. I think the click-down keyboard slows down typing. I find typing much faster on my old iPhone than on the Storm. Also the screen doesn't seem as precise as the iPhones (although this may be because as you press the screen it increases the contact patch of your finger making the touch less precise).

Also the auto-correct is really poor compared with iPhone. They need to seriously beef up the auto-correct intelligence.
    12-14-08 06:11 PM
    My big wishes would be to have a stand by and I would like to be able to choose between portrait and landscape. I do not like the random switching back and forth. I go to answer and it switches and then messes up the call. Many times I miss the call. Screen lock would be nice as well.
    You may find that using the green phone button button provides a lot more success than trying to use the soft key on the screen.
    12-14-08 06:25 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD